Vol 1 Chapter 1.2 – Anomaly
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1.2

I was dreaming. One year ago, on that day I left with scarred heart. It was foolish of me to start making moves on girl I liked because I thought its mutual. But it seems it wasn’t mutual at all. I was one-sidedly thought that we are perfect for each other. Hope I didn’t disgust her because that will damage my pride as man. But I felt like I become more mature after that. Still scar is scar and I can’t cope with my situation. Maybe my sister is doing this hiking for me even growing long hair is for me?

Splash! Cold water splashed to my face. I am getting back my consciousness back but it assaulted me with headache.

My brain feels like it’s going to squashed and I opened my eyes. My eye feels like its going to fall off and its hot.

I see some black scenery. I think its prison? There are handcuffs in my both hand and I am laying on some wooden bed. Am I captured by someone? What happened until this point? I was trying to remember.

Okay calm down, I need to think events that happened recently to find out what happened. Let’s start with self-introduction. My name is Blaine. I am what you call average high school student, who didn’t do anything good in his life. I don’t have any good achievements to brag in front of the people. I am not particularly good with anything. I am confident that I can do what most people can do but I can’t excel in any area.

Last year was disaster of my life and now i am just living this life lazily . My sister Kohaku suddenly invited me to go hiking yesterday. We get up early and ready our mountain equipment and proceed to go hiking. During the hiking , my sister teased me lot and we chatted about unnecessary daily stuffs and keep conversation flowing and then it became dark and we didn't get to our destination. I was so worried because it was becoming cold in this snowy mountain but luckily we found place to stay until sunrise. But then my sister's face became pale and sound? There was sound of footsteps and everything become blank after that i can't remember anything meaning i lost conscious.

"Finally awakened I guess?"

I hastily looked at where sound come from and i saw one boy who is slighty older than me. I didn't realize there was someone because my brain and eye are hurting like crazy. This boy splashed water on me?

He looks pretty normal if only not for his shaved head .Even if this place is dusty his head is glossing like newly bought jewellery.

"Who are you? "

"Took long enough to answer me so i can't answer you because I don't like impolite people"

"I am sorry but my head and eye is aching and it feels like it gonna blow out of its shell"

"Oh so you already got coded huh"

"Coded?"

"Nevermind you won't understand even if i explain it to you"

Strange person i thought if he liked polite person then person himself was polite enough to explain what is situation for me. This place is very warm where are we? I was in cold mountain then i suddenly realized something.

"Where is Kohaku?"

"Kohaku?, Who is that?"

"My sister"

"Sorry but I didn't saw any woman for one year"

"One year? Do you mean you stayed in this jail like place for 1 year?"

"Well they take me other rooms when they need to do so"

"What? Rooms? Is this some kind of faculty? Where are we?"

"Nowhere, if you might ask"

How long I was out for is it few hours or days?

"Hey who brought me here? and for What purpose?"

"You will see it soon"

This guy wont even tell me this . Why he has this frustrated face and he seems kind of familiar about this place. He said he was in here for 1 year meaning Is he already given up from escaping? Even if this place seems dusty it maintained well it has sturdy structure so they built this place for confining someone from start. I should probably need to see situation first. I need to find my sister and wait for opportunity to escape from here.

Taking mental note in my head i raised up from the wooden bed but this place 1 bed meaning it was this bald person's room only not for 2 people.

So they probably come for me to pick up me from this place. But this rooms design pretty relaxing for me even if it looks like confinement room and has dust all over the place.

Suddenly my brain hurts like crazy again.I thought pain was subsiding after I talked with this person.

"Excuse me but could you lend me your bed? My brain is aching again"

"I was going to do that from start so feel free to use it like your own"

"I appreciate you"

I layed on the bed even if it feels like sturdy wooden bed it looks old almost 10 years old maybe?

Having unnecessary thoughts again even if my brains is hurting honestly I really like to think about things huh

While having that thought i shut my eyes and fall into deep slumber

I was having dream again. Again with that traumatic dream? give me a break please. I don't think I did something to deserve this. But it was different dream this time.

What is this? Some kind of laboratory room? It was white room with white light almost everything in this room is white itself. But there was some kind of anomaly there. Little boy's back.

Who is that?Is he doing something?

If I look closely there was lot of books and chess pieces near him. Is he self studying chess?

I tried to talk himself "Hey young boy, what are you doing in this place?

He looked at me back and showed me mischievous smile but for some reason I cant see his face its looks blurry but I do know he showed me mischievous smile because I know who did that smile lot.

"Hey brother, Come play with me"

I go near him and sit down after I tidy up books that was lying around. While doing that I tried to peek at title of the book but I cant see it. I was sure it was a good book because what you call it again? Instinct?

I looked at the boy. He looks so lonely . Isolated in this white world. I tried to cheer him up even if I am not confident in my cheering up ability.

"Are you playing with chess? You look so smart"

"Brother, Welcome back to my own little lazy world again"

"My own little lazy world?" but what did he said? welcome back? Is he trying to play house?

"I am back?"

Then he showed a different smile again but this time I knew it was not mischievous smile.

"My current state of existence is very shaken because you came back"

"What is he talking?Are we playing some kind of game?"

He didn't answer my question but he started to place chess piece on its board.

He placed 2 knights and started talking.

"Knights♘ are the one who deal with most of the problem because knight's move is unusual among chess pieces. It moves to a square that is two squares away horizontally and one square vertically, or two squares vertically and one square horizontally. The complete move therefore looks like the letter "L". Unlike all other standard chess pieces, the knight can "jump over" all other pieces to its destination. The knight's ability to "jump over" other pieces mean even if it faced with some kind of wall that he can't deal he will jump over it because he is the knight."

He placed 2 Bishop and looked at me.

"Bishops♗ are your leg,movement. The bishop has no restrictions in distance for each move, but is limited to diagonal movement. Even if we thought we lived in this world freely we always have some kind of restrain on ourselves.Even if we didn't put that restrains someone will place it on us. But don't worry even if bishop has restrain it can still go if there is way".

He placed 2 Rook on the board lazily. He closed his eye and whispered to me.

"Rooks♖ are the one who looks grand and one of the most prized pieces because rook moves horizontally or vertically, through any number of unoccupied squares. Only because it can go horizontally or vertically. It will greatly determine your outcome of your future.Past, Present,Future will only can be considered, happened ,predicted."

He placed Queen and King and started to tell me something with serious tone.

You see Role of Queen and King is ✝️ ❓❎ ❓❎ ❓❎ ❓❎ ❓❎ ❓❎ ❓❎ ❓❎ ✝️

I can't hear what he is saying but i think it was important. Is it because its dream so I can't hear it?

"Lastly Pawn"

After he said pawn i thought why he is telling me about pawn now. Pawn is the most weakest piece in the chess.If he was telling me about chess pieces in power order then should pawn comes first?

"Pawn♙ is the strongest and weakest at the same time. It can become either one considering how you use it.Its special only because it has one thing that other pieces don't have. Promotion. It can turn to any pieces after reaching the opposite end. Most humanly chess piece in this board. It represents hope and tenacity. I hope you will understand it.

After he explained meanings of chess pieces give it all to me with board.

"This means great deal to me so treat this chessboard nice I will entrust this to you."

Then he started to sit up from where he is sitting and walked away

After he walked few meters he looked back at me and said "After you resolve yourself you can come back because you are not you are used to be"

"I am not who I used to be?" and then this visionary dream ended.

I felt like haunted after he said that line to me.

1