Chapter 6: Heaven and Hell
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the nine heavens, within the grand hall of the Heavenly Monarch, the palace is magnificent, surrounded by auspicious clouds. The deities of all paths in heaven stand in two rows, facing the Heavenly Monarch, wishing him well.

The Heavenly Monarch is listening to the reports of the deities. The Star Monarch on duty rushes into the grand hall and reports, “Your Majesty, the Old Monarch has thrown the Diamond into the mortal world, hitting a young man named Chen Yang.”

The Heavenly Monarch says, “Then let Chen Yang quickly enter the underworld, go to the banks of the River of Oblivion to seal the Love Demon, so as to prevent the Love Demon from reappearing and causing disaster to the Three Realms.”

The Star Monarch on duty reports again, “There was a little accident. When the Old Monarch’s Diamond hit Chen Yang, it was struck by the Thunder God’s Thousand-Year Thunder Tribulation for some reason, and he lost a great deal of power and can no longer enter the underworld.”

Hearing this, the Heavenly Monarch hurriedly says, “Then hurry up and ask the Old Monarch to re-impart to him the power to seal the Love Demon.”

The Star Monarch on duty rushes out of the heavenly court, riding the auspicious clouds to the Palace of Separation in the Heaven of Resentment.

Hearing that Chen Yang, who was chosen by the Old Monarch to seal the Love Demon, could not enter the underworld, everyone was very worried. They discussed with each other, and the heavenly court was suddenly in a state of panic, not knowing how to quell the Love Demon that was about to come into the world and cause chaos in the Three Realms.

After a while, the Star Monarch on duty returns to the heavenly court and reports, “Your Majesty, the Old Monarch has closed himself off and can no longer come out to impart power to Chen Yang.”

The Heavenly Monarch says, “What should we do?”

The Grand White Gold Star appears next to the grand hall and says, “This is the will of heaven. The Three Realms should suffer this calamity. Only by finding the Golden Lotus blooming on the Heavenly Mountain and letting Chen Yang take it can he increase his power to go to the underworld.”

The Heavenly Monarch asks, “Which deity can bring the Golden Lotus from the Heavenly Mountain to Chen Yang?”

The Grand White Gold Star says, “No one can go, only Chen Yang himself can find the Golden Lotus on the Heavenly Mountain.”

The Heavenly Monarch says, “Chen Yang is a common man, how can he reach the Heavenly Mountain?”

The Grand White Gold Star says, “This is the will of heaven, let the Thunder God help Chen Yang.”

The Heavenly Monarch angrily says, “It’s all the Thunder God’s disaster, immediately banish the Thunder God to the lower realm, and help Chen Yang go to the Heavenly Mountain to find the Golden Lotus.”

Hearing that the Heavenly Monarch wants to banish him to the mortal realm, the Thunder God pleads, “I just followed the law and struck the Red Fox, who was supposed to suffer the Thousand-Year Thunder Tribulation, with thunder. Who knew that Chen Yang, out of pity for the Red Fox, went to save the Thousand-Year Red Fox when the Thunder Tribulation arrived. This is his own fault, and it has nothing to do with me.”

The Heavenly Monarch angrily says, “You are making excuses, why couldn’t you delay the Thunder Tribulation?”

Seeing the Heavenly Monarch angry and unreasonably blaming him, the Thunder God dares not argue any more and silently retreats to one side.

The Grand White Gold Star says to the Thunder God, “Although Chen Yang cannot enter the underworld, he has the protection of the Diamond, and ordinary gods and ghosts cannot harm him. But he does not yet know how to use his power. When you go to the lower realm, you must protect Chen Yang’s safety. When Chen Yang has quelled the Love Demon, your tribulation will be over, and you can return to the heavenly court to receive your seal.”

The Thunder God says, “This is not my fault, why should I be punished and sent to the mortal realm to suffer?”

The Heavenly Monarch angrily says, “Come here, immediately banish the Thunder God from the South Heavenly Gate!”

Four heavenly generals come over, without saying a word, they lift up the Thunder God, leave the heavenly court, the Thunder God helplessly turns into a golden light, and falls into the mortal realm.

The Thunder God accidentally hits the statue of Black Whirlwind Li Kui on the Eight Hundred Li Water Margin Mountain with his golden body, making his face like the bottom of a pot, and he immediately screams in anger, cursing Chen Yang for causing him trouble.

In the underworld, on the banks of the River of Oblivion, the eyes are full of blood-red, gorgeous and dripping Other Shore Flowers. Above the Other Shore Flowers, thick fog is surging, converging towards the center.

The Other Shore Flower, opens on the other shore, only sees the flower, does not see the leaf, lives and misses each other. A thousand years a cycle, the flower is about to fall, the leaf is about to grow.

After countless cycles, those who love each other cannot be together. A calamity every twelve thousand years, resentment reaches the sky, is about to accumulate into a demon, and disturb the Three Realms.

The souls of the infatuated men and women who come to the banks of the River of Oblivion are all sucked away by the Love Demon, leaving only those heartless and unrighteous ghosts who have drunk Meng Po’s soup, shed their last tears in front of the Three Lives Stone, and each enter the Six Paths of Reincarnation to be reborn.

Meng Po watches the souls of the infatuated men and women being sucked away by the Other Shore Flower and is powerless to do anything. The Love Demon is about to come into the world, and she can only sigh in her heart, “I don’t know when the mortal who is coming to resolve the Love Demon will arrive?”

The maid Hongyu next to Meng Po says, “Grandma doesn’t need to worry, the Old Monarch has thrown the Diamond into the mortal world, and the person who can subdue the Love Demon should be coming soon.”

Meng Po says, “I hope so! But I heard that the Ghost King has sent assassins to the mortal realm to assassinate this person, I don’t know if they have succeeded?”

The maid Hongyu asks, “Does someone always make trouble in the underworld every time the Love Demon appears?”

Meng Po thinks for a while and says, “I have only experienced a few calamities, and each time it was a great disturbance, all for the sake of power and ascension to godhood, but none of them succeeded.”

Hongyu sees Bai Wuchang rushing hurriedly from the Yellow Spring Road towards here, and says to Meng Po, “Grandma, Bai Wuchang is coming over there.”

Bai Wuchang comes to Meng Po’s side, not caring to wipe off the sweat on his head, and says, “Meng Po, hurry up and save me!”

Meng Po says, “You don’t go to the mortal realm to catch ghosts, why do you run to me, do you also want to enter the world and reincarnate again?”

Bai Wuchang says, “I would like to go and reincarnate as a human again, but Yan Jun won’t let me, I ran into trouble this time, so I came to ask Grandma for help.”

Meng Po asks, “What’s the matter?”

Bai Wuchang says, “Yesterday I went to the mortal realm to catch a ghost named Chen Yang, and for some reason, he took my Soul Locking Chain. My brother and I went to him to ask for it, but we couldn’t get back our own treasure. Chen Yang somehow got some magic, and he could see my two brothers.”

Meng Po is surprised, “Why is his soul out of his body?”

Bai Wuchang says, “I was patrolling in the mortal realm, and I found a thousand-year-old Red Fox undergoing the Thousand-Year Thunder Tribulation. It was about to be hit, but it was saved by a young man named Chen Yang. The thunder hit Chen Yang, causing his soul to leave his body.”

Hearing Bai Wuchang’s explanation, Meng Po says solemnly, “It seems that this is the will of heaven, and the Three Realms should have this calamity.”

Bai Wuchang says, “What does Grandma mean by this?”

Meng Po slowly says, “This person is the one who received the Old Monarch’s Diamond to come to the underworld to resolve the Love Demon’s disaster. He is a mortal body, and he has not yet had time to digest and use the protective magic brought by the Diamond. By a strange coincidence, he was hit by the Thunder God’s Thousand-Year Thunder Tribulation, and he lost most of his magic power, leaving only a little magic power, and he can no longer enter the underworld.”

Bai Wuchang is surprised, “So he got the Old Monarch’s Diamond, no wonder he could take my Soul Locking Chain.”

Meng Po says, “Your Soul Locking Chain is the leftover scraps from the Old Monarch’s refining of the Diamond. He got the Diamond, taking your Soul Locking Chain is not a problem.”

Bai Wuchang says, "What Grandma said is a big matter of the Three Realms, not something that a small person like me in the underworld can solve. Now I just want Grandma to tell me how to get back the Soul Locking"

"Meng Po said, ‘Don’t worry, when his power is sufficient to protect himself, he will return it to you.’

Bai Wuchang, somewhat reassured, bid farewell to Meng Po and went to the mortal world to secretly protect Chen Yang.

Looking at the increasingly dense souls of infatuated men and resentful women by the River of Forgetfulness, which were about to reach the intensity of a sea of love and hatred, the Love Demon was about to be born. He said sadly, ‘It seems we are doomed!’

Hongyu asked, ‘What should we do? We can’t just wait here to be drained of our true power by the Love Demon, turning our immortal bodies into nothing, right?’

Meng Po said, ‘Let’s stick to our posts. There are still so many souls that need to drink the soup made from their own tears in their lifetime to cross the River of Forgetfulness and reincarnate!’ (To be continued)

0