Chapter 11: The Tomb Raider
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Li Xianglin, why aren’t you leaving?” Chen Yang saw that Li Xianglin’s soul was motionless and asked.

“Are you calling me?” Li Xianglin asked.

“If I’m not calling you, who am I calling? Let’s go to your house now and help you settle things,” Chen Yang said.

Li Xianglin replied, “Okay, once it’s done, I’ll tell you where the treasure is hidden.”

Chen Yang said, “I’m not helping you just for the treasure. By the way, where is your house? Is it far from here?”

Li Xianglin replied, “Not far, it’s in a suburb.”

Chen Yang got into a taxi and looked at the dilapidated taxi, saying, “It’s more comfortable to ride in a BMW.”

“You’re quite an expert. Haven’t you heard the saying, ‘Drive a Mercedes, ride a BMW’?” the driver said.

Chen Yang replied, “I’m just saying, your taxi is not bad, I don’t even have a bicycle.”

The driver said, “You’re still young. As long as you work hard, you’ll have bread and milk.”

Chen Yang laughed and said, “Pies don’t fall from the sky, and even if they did, they wouldn’t hit me.”

Li Xianglin said, “When you get the treasure, won’t it be like a pie falling on your head?”

Twenty minutes later, the taxi arrived at the suburb where Li Xianglin said his house was. The community was built in the 1980s, the houses were very old, and the security at the gate was virtually non-existent. Chen Yang followed Li Xianglin in, and the security guard at the gate didn’t even ask a question.

Li Xianglin came to the west door on the fourth floor of Building 10 and said, “This is my home.”

Chen Yang saw the iron general guarding the door and asked, “How do we get in?”

Li Xianglin said, “The key is under the flower pot on the window sill. You take it out.”

Chen Yang saw that there really was a flower pot on the window sill. The leaves had already withered, and there were a few dried flowers on top. Chen Yang moved the flower pot, and a key appeared in front of him.

Chen Yang took the key and opened the door. A musty smell immediately hit his nose. Chen Yang waved his hand and said, “How long has it been since you opened the door to this room? I can’t breathe.”

Li Xianglin said, “It’s been a while. The key to the cabinet is behind my wife’s picture frame on the table.”

Chen Yang saw a picture of a woman in her thirties on the dusty table. The woman had a slightly plump and round face and was very beautiful.

“Is this your daughter? Where is your wife’s picture?” Chen Yang asked when he didn’t see a picture of an old woman.

Li Xianglin pointed at the picture and said, “She is my wife.”

“This is your wife!” Chen Yang looked at Li Xianglin and said in surprise.

“That’s the last picture she left before she died,” Li Xianglin said with tears in his eyes.

Chen Yang silently picked up the picture, turned it over, and there really was a key behind it.

Chen Yang opened the cabinet that Li Xianglin mentioned and rummaged through the things inside. There really was a suicide note lying quietly inside.

Chen Yang took out the suicide note and said, “I can’t just take this to the police, can I? If they ask me, how do I answer?”

Li Xianglin said, “What should we do then? How about we go to the local police station, you give the suicide note to the guard and let him give it to the chief, and then we leave.”

Chen Yang said, “Alright! From now on, we’ll just have to leave everything to fate.”

Chen Yang arrived at the local police station and saw that there was someone at the guard post. Chen Yang said, “This is the material your leader wants. I’ll leave it at the guard post.”

The policeman in uniform said, “Register your name and leave it here!”

“Do I have to register my name?” Chen Yang asked.

The policeman said, “If you don’t register, how will I know who sent it?”

Chen Yang thought to himself, if I register, won’t I expose my own name? I might as well register Li Xianglin’s name.

Chen Yang wrote down Li Xianglin’s name and handed the registration form to the policeman. The policeman glanced at it and handed it back, saying, “Fill in your ID number and phone number.”

Chen Yang was dumbfounded. He glanced at Li Xianglin next to him and asked, “What’s your ID number and phone number?”

As Li Xianglin spoke, Chen Yang wrote. If he forgot, he would turn his head and ask Li Xianglin.

The policeman got goosebumps all over his body when he heard this. He said, “What’s wrong with you, kid? You’re talking non-stop while filling in a number.”

Chen Yang said, “I’ve filled it in. Can I go now?”

The policeman glanced at it and said, “Go!”

Chen Yang immediately ran away like the wind.

Li Xianglin caught up from behind, panting and saying, “No one is chasing you, why are you running so fast?”

Chen Yang said, “I feel like I’m stealing something.”

Li Xianglin said, “You’re doing good deeds without leaving a name, which has nothing to do with stealing.”

Chen Yang said, “I have to hurry back. Zhao Wenjie asked me to wait in the guard room. He said that at eleven o’clock, Hua Nanke will bring a Taoist priest.”

Li Xianglin said, “We’re already out, so we don’t need to worry about them. I’ll take you treasure hunting.”

Chen Yang said, “Whoever’s bowl I hold, I have to listen to them. I’d better hurry back. After this hurdle, we’ll go treasure hunting again.”

Li Xianglin said, “It’s not far from here, we’ll be there in a while. It won’t delay things. If I’m taken away by the black and white impermanence, you won’t get this treasure.”

Chen Yang said, “The black and white impermanence also have to listen to me. If I don’t let them take you away, they won’t dare to take you away.”

As Chen Yang was speaking, he saw Li Xianglin’s soul trembling all over and asked, “What’s wrong with you?”

“Who is so arrogant that they dare to talk big behind my back, you ghost, you should surrender when you see this god.” A voice came from behind Chen Yang.

Chen Yang then understood why Li Xianglin was trembling. He turned around and said, “You can’t even protect your soul chain, and you dare to call yourself a god.”

When Bai Wuchang saw that it was Chen Yang, he immediately changed his face and said with a full smile, “So it’s Chen Yang, the god. I was just looking for you. I didn’t expect to bump into you here.”

When Li Xianglin saw Bai Wuchang calling Chen Yang a god, he immediately felt relieved. It seemed that this Chen Yang was not an ordinary person, even Bai Wuchang had to smile when he saw him.

Chen Yang asked, “What are you looking for me for?”

Seeing Li Xianglin here, Bai Wuchang said, “I haven’t seen you for a few days, don’t I miss you?”

Chen Yang said, “You can take Li Xianglin’s soul two days later. He’s just saying he wants to take me treasure hunting.”

Bai Wuchang said, “Whenever the god says to take it, I’ll take it.”

Li Xianglin said, “Then let’s go!”

Chen Yang said, “Now you can tell me what the treasure is, right?”

Li Xianglin said, “The treasure is in an ancient tomb. It’s an ancient artifact.”

Chen Yang said, “In an ancient tomb, aren’t you taking me to rob a tomb? I’m not going, I don’t want the treasure, you go reincarnate with Bai Wuchang!”

When Bai Wuchang heard about the treasure, he was overjoyed. His soul chain had been taken by Chen Yang, and he was thinking about finding another treasure. He said, “Let’s go and see first. If God Chen Yang doesn’t like it, can you give it to me?”

Chen Yang said, “Then let’s go and see what kind of artifact it is.”

Bai Wuchang asked, “Whose tomb is it?”

“It’s an ancient tomb, not sure whose it is,” Li Xianglin said.

“You’re not making me commit a crime, are you? By the way, how do you know such a hidden thing, what do you do?” Chen Yang said.

“He’s a tomb raider. You’ve been helping him for half a day, don’t you know what he does?” Bai Wuchang said.

“What does a tomb raider do?” Chen Yang asked in confusion.

Bai Wuchang looked at the person chosen by Laojun to exorcise demons with a blank face, feeling infinite emotion in his heart. This Chen Yang is too naive! (To be continued)

0