Chapter 16: Ancient Mythical Beasts
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The Thunder Bat Dragon, one of the ten ferocious beasts of the wilderness?” Chen Yang stared at the creature for a long time, remarking on its ugly appearance.

Hu Guozhong said, “A ferocious beast from the wilderness, this must be something from tens of thousands of years ago. How did we encounter it?”

Master Wang said, “This monster roams the Kunlun Mountains, appearing and disappearing unpredictably. It’s a formidable opponent even for the skilled warriors of the Jin tribe. The heroic Gu Yuan Kan used a West Sea infant fish as bait and fought bitterly in the icy snow of Tang Mu La Peak for seven days and nights, sustaining dozens of serious injuries, before finally managing to kill it.”

Chen Yang asked, “Are you sure it’s the one?”

Master Wang replied, “It should be!”

Chen Yang asked, “Do you have a way to deal with it?”

“No,” Master Wang replied.

Wang Dazhu walked over to Chen Yang and said, “Aren’t you Master Chen? Hurry up and think of a way to get rid of this mythical beast so I can start construction.”

Chen Yang squatted down and looked at the statue. The Thunder Bat Dragon that Master Wang spoke of had its two dragon claws firmly grasping a huge rock. Two stone pillars on its head, like horns, pierced the sky as if trying to break through the blue sky. Its wide-open mouth was like a blood basin, with sharp teeth that were quite intimidating. It seemed as if it was about to spit out a fire dragon from its mouth. Its long tail swayed behind it, as if trying to break free.

Chen Yang looked at the ferocious beast and asked Bai Wuchang, “Do you know how to deal with it?”

Bai Wuchang replied, “I’m just a minor official in the underworld who collects souls. I’m not knowledgeable enough to know so much.”

“Didn’t you hear your friends in the underworld talk about the Thunder Bat Dragon?” Chen Yang asked.

Bai Wuchang replied, “No, this is something from tens of thousands of years ago. Yan Jun should know.”

Chen Yang said, “Since you don’t know, go back and ask around. Don’t waste time here.”

Bai Wuchang said, “Alright, I’ll go back to the underworld and ask. As soon as I have news, I’ll come back and tell you. But don’t forget me when you and Li Xianglin go treasure hunting!”

Chen Yang said, “You take his soul away first! If he’s taken away by some underworld god while wandering around all day, we won’t be able to find him.”

Bai Wuchang said, “Alright, I’ll take him first.”

Li Xianglin said, “I’m not going to the underworld. I’ll follow Chen Yang to become a god. No one dares to take me.”

Chen Yang said, “I can’t even protect myself, how can I protect you? You should go with Bai Wuchang first! When you hear the news, you can come back together.”

Bai Wuchang said, “Don’t worry, I won’t hand you over to the Ten Halls Yan Jun without finding the treasure.”

Master Wang waited until Chen Yang stopped talking to himself before he said, “Master Chen, you sent away the ghost from the underworld. What should we do here?”

Chen Yang said, “Just call me Chen Yang. I dare not take the title of Master.”

Chen Yang reached out and touched the statue of the Thunder Bat Dragon, which seemed to move slightly.

Master Wang shouted loudly, “Everyone, retreat quickly! I saw the Thunder Bat Dragon move a bit!”

Everyone was scared by Master Wang’s shout and quickly retreated, their eyes tightly fixed on the stone statue of the Thunder Bat Dragon. The stone statue was still a statue, squatting motionless on the huge rock.

“Are your eyes playing tricks on you? I didn’t see it move,” Chen Yang said.

Master Wang rubbed his eyes and looked carefully at the Thunder Bat Dragon again. There was no sign of movement.

“Did I really see things?”

Chen Yang walked up to the statue again, saw that its two huge eyes were covered with dirt, and wiped the dirt off with his hand, saying, “Its eyes are really big!”

Before Chen Yang’s words fell, the eyes of the Thunder Bat Dragon suddenly blinked twice. Chen Yang was startled and quickly retreated, shouting, “I saw its eyes move!”

Not only did Chen Yang see it, but Master Wang and Hu Hongying also saw it, because they were both behind Chen Yang.

With Chen Yang’s shout, the Thunder Bat Dragon’s head shook, and its body rose into the air. With a thunderous roar, it spat out a ball of fire from its mouth.

Master Wang, after Chen Yang’s warning, jumped a few meters away with a leap. Only Hu Hongying was a bit slow to react and didn’t retreat. Chen Yang retreated to Hu Hongying. The fire from the Thunder Bat Dragon’s mouth was sprayed directly at Chen Yang, and it looked like the fire was about to burn the two of them.

In the exclamation of everyone, Chen Yang, in his urgency, pushed out with both hands to block the fire. The verses from the “Tao Te Ching” flashed in his mind. Those verses rotated rapidly, forming a Tai Chi pattern, which flew out from Chen Yang’s hands and blocked the fire in mid-air.

Chen Yang took the opportunity to hold the frightened Hu Hongying and ran away, placing Hu Hongying in a safe place.

Master Wang reminded Chen Yang, “Master Chen, how did you make this Tai Chi pattern?”

Chen Yang said, “The verses from the Tao Te Ching flashed in my mind. Those verses rotated rapidly and unconsciously formed the Tai Chi pattern.”

Master Wang saw that the Tai Chi pattern blocking the fire was turning slower and slower, and said, “You should quickly recite the verses and try.”

Chen Yang remembered the verses in the Tao Te Ching, and as soon as he recited them, he saw the Tai Chi pattern rotating rapidly again, absorbing the raging fire into the pattern.

The Thunder Bat Dragon had been trapped for tens of thousands of years, and now that it was freed, it stretched its body in the air and vented the resentment in its heart. That resentment turned into balls of fire that were constantly being spat out, turning half of the sky red. The falling flames set the trees on the top of Dragon Mountain on fire, and a raging fire started on the top of the mountain.

Hu Guozhong saw this scene and stomped his feet anxiously, saying, “What should we do?”

Chen Yang and Master Wang were both helpless, watching the fire burn more and more fiercely.

Master Wang said, “Master Chen, since you were the one who freed the Thunder Bat Dragon, you must be able to tame it. Hurry up and think of a way.”

Chen Yang said anxiously, “I only know how to recite the Tao Te Ching. I don’t have any other skills.”

Master Wang said, “How did you collect my weapon? You should collect the Thunder Bat Dragon in the same way.”

Chen Yang then remembered that the Kirin birthmark on his left hand could emit light. He immediately pointed his left hand at the Thunder Bat Dragon and shouted, “Collect!”

A golden light shot out from the Kirin birthmark and went straight to the Thunder Bat Dragon in the air. The Thunder Bat Dragon was in a state of rampage, and suddenly it was hit by the golden light. It was in unbearable pain, and the fire in its mouth stopped.

Seeing a young man standing on the ground, pointing at it, and the golden light was emitted from the young man’s hand, it immediately rushed towards Chen Yang.

Chen Yang had nowhere to dodge. He recited the Tao Te Ching quickly, and the golden light kept shooting out from Chen Yang’s Kirin birthmark, forcing the Thunder Bat Dragon to not get close to Chen Yang.

The Thunder Bat Dragon was furious in the air, being suppressed by the golden light so that it couldn’t spit out fire, and it couldn’t fly away. It was at a standoff with Chen Yang.

“You little guy, are you the reincarnation of Gu Yuan Kan? How can you let me resurrect and resist my fire dragon?” The Thunder Bat Dragon suddenly spoke. (To be continued)

0