Chapter 18: The Emperor’s Hidden Cave (Please Reward)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hu Guozhong has invested heavily in Longshan. If Chen Yang and Wang Zhenren both leave, what if something evil happens? He said to Chen Yang, “Chen Yang, why don’t you and your friends from the Heavenly Court and the Underworld go find the Golden Lotus together, and let Wang Zhenren stay to help me, what do you think?”

Wang Zhenren’s treasures were all taken by Chen Yang. He wanted to follow Chen Yang, help out, and get his treasures back. He could also learn some skills from Chen Yang. When he heard Hu Guozhong asking him to stay, he quickly said, “Director Dong, it’s not that I don’t want to help you, but I’m really powerless now. All the treasures are with Master Chen Yang. If something really happens, I can only watch helplessly.”

Hu Guozhong looked at Chen Yang. Chen Yang understood that this was for him to speak and let Wang Zhenren stay. Chen Yang thought about it. He had Lei Shen and Bai Wuchang with him. Wang Zhenren, a mortal, might not be able to help. He said, “Chairman Dong makes sense. Why don’t Wang Zhenren stay? As for your treasures, when Bai Wuchang comes later, I’ll ask him if there’s any way to get the treasures out and give them back to you.”

Hu Guozhong said, “Wang Zhenren, you stay and help me. I won’t let you help in vain. I’ll also make you a consultant, with the same annual salary as Chen Yang.”

Hu Guozhong was worried that Huanan Ke would not give up. With Wang Zhenren there, he felt reassured. Wang Zhenren had always been a guest of Huanan Ke and was very familiar with Huanan Ke’s situation. Therefore, Hu Guozhong spared no expense to keep Wang Zhenren.

Wang Zhenren is a master of accidents. How could he not understand Hu Guozhong’s intentions? He also knew that Huanan Ke would not let Hu Guozhong go and did not want to get involved in their dispute. But out of respect for Chen Yang, Wang Zhenren could not refuse directly. He said, “I can stay, but Master Chen Yang has to leave my Golden Light Talisman and Seven Star Peach Wood Sword for me. Otherwise, my staying would be of no use.”

Wang Zhenren kicked the ball back to Chen Yang. He knew that Chen Yang could not use magic at this time and could not return the treasures to him. But what he said was also true. Without the treasures, his staying would be in vain.

This stumped Chen Yang. He didn’t want to give, but he didn’t know how to get the Golden Light Talisman and Seven Star Peach Wood Sword out.

Lei Shen saw that Hu Guozhong and Wang Zhenren were asking one to stay and the other was unwilling to stay. He understood what was going on and asked, “You two are talking back and forth, it’s really annoying. If you keep babbling, don’t blame me for throwing thunder at you!”

Chen Yang laughed and said, “You, the Thunder God, really have a temper. This has nothing to do with you, so you don’t need to worry.”

Wang Zhenren was also afraid that Lei Shen would really give him a thunderbolt to eat. He really couldn’t eat it and walk around. He asked Chen Yang, “Master Chen Yang, what do you think we should do?”

Chen Yang said, “Let’s wait until Bai Wuchang comes and I’ll ask about the situation!”

Wang Zhenren said, “When will your friend from the Underworld come?”

Chen Yang said, “I’m not leaving now, so you don’t need to be in such a hurry.”

Hu Guozhong said, “Let’s go down the mountain first. Everyone is tired. I’ll invite everyone to dinner at my house at the foot of Longshan in the evening.”

Chen Yang said, “Then let’s hurry down the mountain!”

Wang Dazhu said, “Chairman. I won’t go down. I need to hurry up and work tomorrow. It’s been delayed for several days. And there’s the matter of the workers who had accidents. What do you think we should do?”

Wang Dazhu brought it up in front of Chen Yang, thinking that Hu Guozhong could see that he and Chen Yang were fellow villagers and give more compensation.

Deputy General Manager Zhao Wenjie knew Wang Dazhu’s thoughts and said, “Don’t worry, the chairman will consider this matter. You don’t need to worry.”

Chen Yang said to Wang Dazhu, “You just do your work well. There’s General Manager Zhao for other things!”

Wang Dazhu heard the words of the two of them and didn’t know what else to say. He reluctantly sent everyone down the mountain.

It’s said that it’s easy to go up the mountain and hard to go down, but the road down the mountain is much easier. No matter what, the matter of the Thunder Bat Dragon has been solved. If something happens again, Chen Yang can solve it, so there’s no need to worry too much. Just worried about his daughter, seeing her look like she still wants to go with Chen Yang and them to find the Golden Lotus.

His own daughter is a college student, and the family is good. Although Chen Yang has some skills, he is after all a child from the countryside who hasn’t even finished junior high school. Thinking of this, seeing his daughter and Chen Yang walking shoulder to shoulder, talking and laughing, he felt a little uneasy.

Chen Yang’s heart was not as complicated as Hu Guozhong’s. He was talking to Hu Hongying about the scene of being struck by lightning and hospitalized that day. Hu Hongying finally understood the real reason why she fainted and lay in bed. She entangled Chen Yang and asked her to see what the White Impermanence who took the soul looked like.

When several people came down to a flat place halfway up the mountain, Hu Guozhong suggested to rest for a while before going down the mountain. Anyway, the meal was all arranged, and they could eat when they arrived.

When the chairman spoke, Deputy General Manager Zhao Wenjie naturally stopped. He found a smooth big stone for Hu Guozhong and let the chairman sit down and rest. Hu Hongying came over and handed her father a bottle of water. Seeing that there was a flat place in the middle of the mountain, she asked her father, “The surroundings are all steep cliffs. Why is it so flat here?”

Hu Guozhong said, “It is said that this is where Liu Bang hid when he fled in the late Qin Dynasty. It is called the Emperor’s Hidden Cave. The cave is not far ahead. This is also a scenic spot developed by the scenic area. Yesterday, the overall planning map of Longshan has come out.”

Zhao Wenjie said, “Chairman, don’t worry, we will definitely build this place into a 4A-level scenic spot. After it is built, we will wait to collect tickets and make a lot of money!”

Hu Guozhong said, “The matter here is left to you. You must do it with your heart. When Chen Yang finishes his affairs, I will let Chen Yang help you.”

Chen Yang said, “Thank you for the chairman’s care. I don’t know when I can handle my own affairs!”

Hu Hongying said, “You wait for us for a while, I and Chen Yang will go to the cave where the emperor hid to take a look.”

Hu Guozhong said, “Don’t go, it’s getting dark.”

Hu Hongying said, “We will be back soon.” She said, pulling Chen Yang’s hand and walking towards the Emperor’s Hidden Cave.

The two of them walked aimlessly along the mountain road. Seeing a cave under the cliff, the two of them followed a small road down to the front of the cave. The three characters “Emperor’s Hidden Cave” were carved on the top of the cave entrance. The cave was seven or eight meters deep and four or five meters wide. There was nothing in the cave, it was desolate.

Chen Yang found a stele hidden in the grass at the edge of the cave entrance. The stele was carved with a brief introduction to the cave. Chen Yang read, “At the end of the Qin Dynasty, Liu Bang, the chief of the Si River Pavilion, sent a prisoner to Mount Li. On his way through Bo Mountain, he encountered a white snake blocking the way. He drew his sword and cut it, and hid in the Emperor’s Hidden Cave between Bo Mountain and Ze. Later, he responded to Chen Sheng’s uprising and started his army from here, overthrowing Qin and destroying Xiang to achieve his imperial career.”

As soon as Chen Yang’s voice fell, a thick red smoke suddenly burst out of the cave, and a woman’s voice came from the cave, “Who is disturbing my cultivation here? I’m just hungry. Let me eat first to fill my stomach.”

“There’s a monster in here, let’s run!” Hu Hongying screamed in fright and ran away pulling Chen Yang.

“Why are you running! I’m just here to catch monsters. Watch me catch it and eliminate the harm to the people, so that it won’t harm the world here.” Chen Yang stopped the panicked Hu Hongying and said. (To be continued)

0