I woke up
2.2k 5 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes.

I was in a luxurious room full of expensive items.

I looked around and noticed that everything was familiar and not familiar at the same time.

I remember my death but I also remember who I am.

I know my name but I do not know the name of my other self.

The one who lived in a different world than I did. The one who suffered her own life and lived one that she is not proud of. One who hid everything that she had within herself and from other people.

These two sets of memories are confusing me. It’s hard to differentiate one from another. However, there is one important detail that I do understand from both of my memories.

My name is Athena Eterna, the only daughter of Duke Eterna and I am the first major antagonist of a game.

I looked outside and it was night. There is a clock in my room. It seems that I woke up 5 AM in the morning. My head hurts as I try to focus all my attention within the memories that I currently have. I closed my eyes and sorted through them. It was a weird feeling. I do not truly understand what has happened. Am I a game character that has remembered another life or am I a person who has been put inside this body with their memories?

It is a novel experience to be able to explore two different sets of lives. I need to focus, what is an antagonist? The other set of memories state that I am a villain. Destined to be defeated by the protagonists. Hmm, even after learning this information my supposed villainous self does not seem too surprised. Searching through my bodies memories has shown me that I truly am a villain. One who makes other people suffer from their own benefit.

Wait, I should not be going back and forth with my memories. First, let us learn who I am or was in another life.

Weirdly enough I cannot remember my name. I lived with a normal family in a normal world. What does it mean to be normal anyway? Hmm, both sets of my memories seem to not truly understand what I exactly mean by normal. However, one main difference from our worlds is that magic and myths exist in mine while not in hers. She also does not have any position of power, being a regular citizen living her own life without influencing others.

I did not have any people that I could call friends and no enemies either. I lived my life just going with the flow and doing what others expected me to do. There is one thing that I hid from everyone, I liked girls. This was a world where liking the same gender was not looked kindly upon. I was scared to contact any other girl in fear of being found out.

That was when she found out about the game. This game featured a male and a female protagonist. You can pick either gender and there was no difference on whom you can romance. Of course, there is a difference in gameplay and experience as both protagonists do exist in each other’s playthrough but I will leave that notion for later.

It wasn’t well received by the majority of people. It promoted different ideas that did not fit the mold of the world. It pushed boundaries that people were not comfortable with. But for me, it was a godsend. I made sure to hide it from my family, I played it nonstop. I didn’t let it affect my daily life. It was something that I needed to hide so I needed to make sure that nobody would take notice of it.

Until that happened, one of the popular girls in my class was talking about it. In my desperate need for attention, I tried to join in only to be found out. After that, my life changed. I was bullied and threatened by them every day. But it only made me happy. No matter what form, I just wanted their attention.

Ah, finally. The beautiful girl is looking at me. She knows me, she remembers me, she notices me, she acknowledges me. It did not matter whether it was love or hate, adoration or disgust, affection, or disdain. What mattered to me was that I existed in their world.

So, I confessed. In the rooftop nonetheless.

Ah, I remember her beautiful face as it turned to disgust. Her mouth curling up and her eyes changing. It was a sight to behold. I went near her and by instinct she pushed me away. The railing behind me broke as I fell to my death. However, my last few moments were not one of regret nor one of sadness. I felt joy and happiness on seeing her disgust. I remembered that those girls looked happy when they tried to make me suffer. So, was it fun? Could I feel the same happiness they felt if I made other girls suffer.

Looking at my situation now, it was perfect. I was tall, beautiful, and sexy. I am a villain that is destined to be defeated by the protagonist. So, why not live my fantasy? I can make other women suffer with my own hands. To see what they saw, to experience the other side, to understand their life.

Ah, how grateful am I to become the villain.

Feel free to suggest other tags if there are any missing.

67