Just another Sunday
365 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days pass once again. I can clearly see the prince looking at me every now and then. It is only a matter of time before I am involved in whatever he plans to do. As Miss Frost mentioned to me, I now find myself in the same scenario. We are now within an unused classroom and directly in front of me is the prince. Unlike before, Sylvia and Melanie have been requested to leave. Which means this will be a 1 on 1 conversation with the prince.

“Athena, do you know why I asked for your time today?”

“No.”

The prince’s brows furrowed as I answered him with a single word.

“Recently, there are some cases where certain individuals are causing a commotion in school.”

I already know what he wants to ask.

“Do you have proof?”

“What?”

“I asked, do you have proof?”

“I-, I don’t.”

“So, why are you involving me in this?”

I can clearly see the frustration on his face.

“There have been some people talking that you could be the one involved in this scenario.”

“Who are these people? Have you spoken with them?”

“Yes. However, they only informed me that they also heard it from somewhere.”

“I see. Fine, go on then. Ask me your question.”

“Are you the one who has been harassing the commoner?”

“You’re getting involved with their business but you still call them commoner?”

“We have not yet established what to call one another.”

Hmph. What do they call each other normally then? Seemingly understanding my gaze, the prince answers before I even ask.

“We do not use anything. It is usually just a greeting.”

“Do you not know her name?”

“I do. Its just I know she does not like nobles. So, I hesitate to use her name without her consent.”

“Have you asked?”

“No.”

I put my palm on my face.

“Wait, I am not here to provide friendship advice. I refuse to answer your previous question.”

“Why?”

“Because I do not want to.”

“Why do you always have to be so difficult? Why can you not answer the question?”

“Because I do not want to.”

I can see the frustration on his face as I refuse him once again.

“How about this?”

He looks up as I say this. I lean a little bit closer and smile. He shivers.

“If you can provide proof, I will be more forthcoming with you.”

“Proof?”

“Yes. Of course, a person’s testimony cannot be trusted. Only one person can be the proof.”

“Her.”

“Yes. She can be the only witness. Any other proof would need to be a crystal. If you can save or record the incident in a crystal, I may be willing to assist you.”

“Is that so?”

“Of course, you can always use your position.”

“What?”

“Do not fool yourself, prince. I already mentioned this to you. If you were to demand, no one can refuse you.”

“I have told you this before, Athena. I do not wish to abuse my authority.”

“That is the difference between us. I use mine whenever I wish.”

“I know. I have known for a long time.”

“If you wish to make me do anything, your only course of action is to use your authority to force me. Well? You will not need any proof. You just need to demand it from me. A few simple words are enough.”

The prince furrows his brows. It would be so easy. We have no other witnesses. The only person who would know is myself and between the prince and I, I already know who the people will side with.

“No.”

But the prince still refuses to do so. Typical.

“Then, that is the end of our conversation. I shall leave now, prince.”

I stand up and walk away. Sylvia and Melanie were waiting for me just outside the room. They follow as I walk away. The days pass as usual. As miss Frost has foreseen, the prince has increased his activity. I forced him to do so after all.

“Mistress, I shall be leaving.”

It was Sunday once again. A horrible day for me. I feel lethargic and very exhausted. My mind is not working properly and I tend to stare into nothingness. This is normal for me. I nod to Sylvia.

“Oh, uh, I’m also going out. See you later!”

Not long after, Melanie also leaves. I am now alone within our dorm. As usual, I lounge about and do nothing. I have no desire to do anything on this day. Then, I heard someone knocking on our door.

“A visitor?”

A vision of the girl with golden hair appeared in my mind. Is it Claire? I have not seen her since our previous encounter. I force myself to stand up and walk towards the door. I wanted to check who it was but I had no desire to do so. So, I opened the door.

“Good day, milady.”

I see someone I have not seen for a few months. Head maid was just outside the door.

“The master has sent me here. There is a task that he has entrusted to me.”

I let head maid enter our dorm.

“I shall prepare refreshments. Please wait in your room, milady.”

I follow head maid’s request and enter my room. I sit in front of my vanity as I wait for her. This is usually how it proceeds during Sundays when I was in home. What could her reason be for bring here? What could my father want?

“Here you go, milady. Please relax and I shall inform you shortly.”

I relax in my seat as I consume the refreshments. After some rest, head maid looks at me.

“It is time to start your Sunday lessons, milady.”

As the words leave her mouth, my mind turns blank. I lose all my thoughts as I stare at head maid. I accept everything she says.

“Yes. Thank you for my Sunday lessons.”

My mind is empty and open.

14