Disappearance of Athena Eterna
293 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sylvia's POV

It happened again. Lucina already left and I remained. But what else can I do? I am a prisoner within her world. Mother and sister are still within her palms. I have gone this long enduring everything. I have nothing else. I have lost everything else. Only they remain. I have nothing anymore. I only live to make sure that they live. That is all I am living for. I look at the sky and kill my emotions. Every Sunday is useful for me. It is a day when I hide all of my emotions. I am loyal to my mistress. There is nothing more important than the mistress. I have to maintain this mindset to survive in this world.

“Sylvia!”

I hear someone shouting my name. I look down and see Melanie waving her hands. I wave back and she enters the building and sits opposite me.

“You’re still here? It’s getting pretty late, you know?”

“Yes. I was only thinking about things.”

“Well yeah, miss Athena always makes us think. I don’t really get why but I just go along with it.”

I too do not understand. Why does she not outright tell us what she wants? I don’t want to think. Thinking makes me remember a lot of things.

“Hey Melanie.”

“Hmm?”

“What are your hobbies?”

“Me? Oh, uh, I like books. So, I read a lot.”

“I see.”

“I also like thinking about stories. Like imagining what might happen when this or that happens. Things like that.”

“It does fit you.”

“Yeah. Before dad got his title, I just read a lot of things. When I had nothing to read, I created my own stories and just sat around thinking about it.”

“I see.”

“What about you? Got any hobbies?”

“No.”

“Huh? Really? You got nothing? You sure?”

“Yes. My life revolves around the mistress.”

“Woah. You’re really loyal, huh? You’re even thinking about her on your days off.”

Thinking about her. Yes, I think about her killing my father. Thinking about her enslaving my mother and sister. Thinking about her slapping my face. Thinking about her forcing me on my knees and stepping on my head. Thinking about her. Just her.

“Sylvia?”

Melanie’s voice snaps me out of my own thoughts. My hatred took over my mind again.

“Sorry, Melanie. I was distracted.”

“Don’t worry about it. I get it. I get distracted a lot you know?”

“Yes. I know.”

“Hey! You’re supposed to say something nice.”

“Hmm? Who did you learn that from?”

“Oh. Juliet said something similar to me. I just copied her.”

“Juliet, she is very expressive.”

“Hmm. You can call her weird.”

“Is that not insulting?”

“If it’s between friends, it’s fine. Lucina always talks shit to Juliet, you know?”

“I see.”

“Besides, I know that I shouldn’t do this with Miss Athena. I know my place, okay?”

My place. Yes, I know my place.

“Only Juliet can do that. Juliet might be the strongest one, you know? She’s not even intimidated by Miss Athena.”

“I always need to watch out if mistress has any orders for me.”

“Yeah. But I think you don’t need to worry about that anymore. Miss Athena seems to be lenient to Juliet. Do you think I can do that too?”

“Do you wish to try?”

I see Melanie thinking about it for a while.

“Nah, better safe than sorry. I am fine with my current position after all.”

What is my current position? A maid? A prisoner? Or a slave?

“Sylvia, we should get back.”

“Sure.”

Melanie and I stood up from our seats and left. There was some commotion around us but we ignored them. We got back to the dorm and opened the door and entered inside.

“Looks like miss Athena isn’t here.”

Sometimes, mistress is waiting for us in the lobby but this is not one of those days. I enter the kitchen and see some of the items that should not have been moved.

“Sylvia? What’s wrong?”

“Some of the appliances have been used.”

“Huh. You think miss Athena did that?”

“It is unlikely for mistress to use some of these. She does not cook but I make sure to have some small meals ready for her. It seems that there was someone here with her.”

“Huh. Didn’t know she had people who visit her.”

“In the estate, the mistress always had our head maid assisting her during Sundays.”

“Hmm? You think your head maid came here?”

“It seems likely. Certain appliances that I use have been moved. Someone has brewed tea, baked something, and some ingredients were used.”

“Oh. Okay.”

“Yes. I shall return to my room now, Melanie.”

“Okay. See you tomorrow.”

Head maid was here? What did she do with the mistress? Are they doing another thing by her father? Maybe I should ask mistress. No. The mistress has already said to not disturb her. Stop yourself, Sylvia. This can wait until tomorrow. It took me a while until I finally fell asleep.

“Mistress, please forgive me for entering.”

The next morning, my regular duties resume. I buried my feelings from yesterday and will act normal again. I open the door but there is no one on the bed. I close the door.

“Mistress, please forgive me for entering.”

I open the door again but there is no one on the bed again. I close the door.

“Mistress, please forgive me for entering.”

I open the door again but there is no one on the bed. My brain finally caught up.

“Mistress is not here.”

Where is she? Where did she go? Did she leave? Did she leave me alone? No. No. No. NO. What should I do? She’s gone. No, where are you? I run around the place and open every single door.

“Sylvia, what wrong?”

“Where is the mistress!? I can’t find her! What do I do!?”

My mind was in chaos. She’s gone. She’s not here. I can’t see her again. Am I useless?

“Sylvia!”

I cannot control my breathing as I clutch my throat and lose consciousness.

14