Life of the kidnapped
295 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I feel myself awaken but I do not open my eyes. I try to use my sense to figure out what is going on. From the beginning, I already know that there were a lot of people around me. I can hear people panicking, despairing, hoping and one distinct crying voice. Sounds like a young girl to me, it is getting annoying so I will take care of that later.

“What will they do to us?”

I can hear people talking here and there. I can safely assume that all of us are currently locked in one cell. Meaning that they expect all of us to stay here in the foreseeable future. I remember confronting them when I saw them then something hit me behind the head. It still hurts so I know it was true. Feeling under me, I am directly on the ground. It feels cold and uncomfortable. I can feel my bodysuit is still on me, they did not take it off for some reason. Even the part covering part of my face is still there. I made sure to wear it before I got knocked out. So, the only thing they can see from my face are my eyes.

“No, no, no, no, no.”

I ignore their noise. It seems that they did not remove any of my clothing. Although, they did take the sword. I made sure to have no other item on me when I went over. It is better if they do not know who I am after all. It would ruin the reason that I am here. I slowly move my body around to feel for things but it seems that everything else is normal aside from one thing. They have put something on my right arm. Now that the preliminary check is over, I can open my eyes.

“Oh, you are awake.”

“About time you woke up. Tsk.”

I sit upright and look at the two who spoke. It was Lyn and Blanche Frost. I look around and see that the other people here are not any students. They are from a range of ages too. There is only one child, probably around 10 years old or so crying. There are a variety of young woman and adults. No seniors.

“It seems that we have gotten ourselves in a predicament.”

“Yes. What should we do, M-“

I put my hand on Blanche’s mouth and stop her from speaking. She does not remove my hand and looks at me in confusion. Lyn is also the same.

“Do not speak of our names.”

“Why?”

“You do know who I am?”

“Yeah.”

“Yes.”

“What do you think would happen if they found out who I am?”

“Dunno. Don’t really care. It won’t make a difference, right?”

“Hmm. It would depend.”

Both of them started talking to each other. I chose to be silent. They can figure things out by themselves.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Think about it. If they know who she is, they may disregard everyone else altogether.”

“So?”

“If my reasoning is correct, we are here to be sold. Whether to our families or to potential buyers. Judging from the amount of people here and the variety of ages. They are ensuring that they can find buyers of any degree.”

“Wait. Why do you think that’s what it is?”

“Because we have not been touched. Look around, none of us have been used. People with perverse interests are invested in the virginity of their conquests.”

“Okay, okay. I get it. You don’t need to say more.”

“Good. Now, back to my point. If they find out who we are, they may decide that everyone else is no longer important and they may do whatever they want with us.”

“Huh. Tsk, fine. So, no names?”

Since they have concluded, I decide to speak up.

“No names. If you want to refer to someone, simply point to them. We are going to be here for a while after all.”

“Yeah. I can’t really do anything with these on anyway.”

Lyn shows her arm. It was the same item clasped as mine. Everyone else also has one.

“You two know what this is?”

“I am afraid I have no idea.”

“It’s a magic sealing device. The name says what it does.”

“Tsk. How exactly does it work? Maybe we can remove it.”

Blanche also looks at me as she waits for my answer.

“It simply makes your body think that you are using your magic.”

“Huh?”

“It essentially consumes your magic. It is powered by your own magic as well.”

“Seriously? This thing is a serious pain in the ass.”

“Yes. The only way to break it, is by physical contact. You may force it open. However, the magic stored inside will attack whoever is trying to force it. Including the one bound to it.”

“I see. If we try to force it open, it will use our own magic against us.”

“Also, just holding it is dangerous. It tries to consume anyone’s magic. So, if two people hold it, the friction between different magic will also backfire on both parties. Which is why it must be handled with care.”

You would need someone without magic to successfully remove it. Even when bound, it cannot remove your magic altogether. There are still small amounts left in the body so even if two bound people were to try, there will still be a reaction. Of course, what we need is someone else who is not bound by it and has no magic. Someone like myself. I can easily remove these if I wanted to and I have learned how to remove it from others as well. Father made sure to train me for these situations.

“Now then. Since we are in this situation, I expect both of your cooperation.”

“Huh? Why the hell would I do that?”

“I understand. I will cooperate with you.”

“Seriously? Just like that?”

“Do you have any other alternative? We both know who she is. If anyone can handle anyone, it will be her.”

“Tsk. Fine. I can help you out. Just remember, I ain’t doing any shit that I don’t want to.”

“Excellent. Now then, give me some time to think of the next move.”

Time is ticking. I have a few days before we are found. Now, how do I accomplish my goal?

13