Time is running out
241 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed since then. I carefully destroyed a few bowls and ripped some of the blankets. I made them tie the blankets to something like a sling and put a few shards of glass in them. It is like a flail all things considered. Its main job is to disorientate a person. I do not know who has experience killing and there might be some who react negatively to it so this is the weapon that I decided on. Glass does not easily pierce cotton and the impact will shatter it instantly. The shattered pieces could be used to blind people if you can target their eyes.

“Miss.”

I was pretending to sleep when Blanche calls for me. I choose to ignore her for now. Lyn has been teaching some of the girls on how to swing the makeshift flail. She says that she was bored so she did it. The child was the one who participated the most for some reason. Blanche did not do anything and just stayed by my side. I have been sleeping on her lap the whole time we were in here.

“Miss.”

With our observations, it was confirmed that some of the guards have the keys to all the rooms except for the magic sealing devices and the boss office. Only he has the latter two keys. I would need access to those keys. I have memorized the current layout. I know where the kitchen, the storage and the office are. There were no bottles of alcohol there but they should have some in a room somewhere. It would be a boon if I can find one.

“Miss.”

Blanche calls me for the third time and I open my eyes.

“The meal has been prepared.”

It has been the same meal for the past few days. Luckily, I am not one to fuss on what I eat. Other people are not.

“How long do we have to wait?”

Lyn asks me the question after our meal.

“As long as we need to.”

“Tsk. Its not looking good. Some are starting to break.”

Some people could no longer keep their tears in check. I did slap those that made a lot of noise but I let those that did not be. So, every now and then. One of them will cry and those beside them will hug them to lessen the noise.

“Yes. Upon my observation, the ones with a weak will are due to fully break within the next few days.”

“Yeah. For me and this one, we can probably endure for a long time but these guys are too weak-willed to do that.”

“We have no choice. Unless you wish to risk it all now?”

“I know we don’t. It’s just frustrating.”

“It is what it is. Sometimes you must accept the circumstances.”

“Hell no. To hell with that. I am warning you. If nothing happens in the next few days, I’m breaking out of here even if I have to fight all of them myself. You got that?”

Lyn stands up and goes to the other girls for her own business.

“What about you? What do you plan to do?”

“Nothing. I have promised my cooperation. You only need to tell me and I shall obey.”

“I see. Then, if our resident hot head decides to enact her plan. Let us accompany her to the end.”

“Understood.”

As we were wasting time, another guard arrives and whispers something to our guard.

“Hey, you. The boss wants to see you.”

I stand up and follow him. I have been insulting him for the past few days. He should be near to his snapping point. There is no joy in harassing the man but it is needed for a part of my plan. I enter the office and meet with boss alone.

“Milady, thank you for everything you have done.”

The man bows to me. I stay silent and let him continue.

“They will be arriving tomorrow to collect. Afterwards, all of your efforts would have borne fruit.”

“Does my father know of my presence here?”

He looks around in nervousness.

“He… does not.”

“Oh? Why is that so?”

“Milady, if your father found out that you were involved. I do not know what would happen.”

Hmm, it is currently unknown if my father knows of my presence here. I do not know if Emilia or any of father’s people would report to him the fact. Something I must address after this.

“Please do not tell him, milady. Please.”

“No need. I have no intention of informing father.”

It would be for the best if father did not know of my presence here so let me return the favor with this favor. Although the possibility of him knowing is still high. Nonetheless, this would lessen the possibility.

“Thank you, milady.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes, milady. I wanted to inform you so that you will be prepared. Do you have anything you need?”

“No. We are done here then.”

“Of course, milady.”

I leave with the guard and walk back towards our cell. I trip the guard as we walked. It was something I would do to him whenever I was called by his boss. It is shocking that he was still not prepared even now.

“Argh! I’ve had enough!”

The man shouts as he grabs my hand.

“What are you-“

He punches me on the gut as I lose my breath. He drags my body as I cough. After a moment, I hear a door open and I am thrown on a sofa.

“Fuck the boss, fuck you and fuck all of this shit! I don’t care anymore. Whatever you have, I don’t care. I’m gonna fuck you and that’s that.”

My stomach hurts as I continue coughing. The man removes the clothes from the top of his body as he tries to remove mine.

“Why the hell is this so hard to remove!? What the fuck!?”

The man pulls on my clothes trying to rip it but to no avail. My clothes are more durable than me. One would need magic to destroy it. The moment you can break them, I would already be destroyed.

12