Chapter 12 – Cintra 05!
341 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2100 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

As Madara escaped by climbing the walls and leaping across houses, that part of the city was already in chaos. At first, the guards who avoided these areas because they were dominated by gangs were surprised by the sky shining, which soon led them to hear people screaming about fire as they ran, prompting them to quickly inform the commander.  

A little girl sleeping in a high room of the castle woke up to the disturbance of a faint light at her window, and she went to it to see flames in the middle of the city, wondering what was happening.  

"Fire in the Greg gang area?" A man shouted in the barracks. "Let's enter the area." He quickly gathered 30 soldiers and headed to that side of the city.  

They quickly arrived at the temple and saw people in tattered clothes, women running, and some of Greg's men running with injuries and burns. "Catch those men and stop those prostitutes!" the commander spoke.  

"Stop!" The guards began to catch the fleeing people.  

"Control the crowd, don't let the fire from inside the temple spread."  

*BOOOOMM!!!*  

*BOOOOMM!!!*  

*BOOOOMM!!!*  

*BOOOOMM!!!*  

"Damn Greg and his men, did they have bombs stored?!" The captain growled, hearing the explosions inside.  

They began trying to control the fire while pushing back the growing crowd of onlookers. As they tried to prevent the fire from spreading outside the temple and reaching other parts of the city, new platoons of soldiers began to follow because half of Cintra could see the fire in the sky by then.  

"Captain, Lord Mousesack is here!" A soldier spoke, and the commander went to greet the court mage.  

"Lord Mousesack, it's good to see you here. Can you stop the fire?" The commander greeted him properly.  

"Yes, give me space." Mousesack said, placing his staff on the ground as he walked to the temple.  

"Give space to Lord Mousesack!!" They began to shout orders, and Mousesack started to summon his magic with an incantation.  

He began to invoke his magic, and the fire from the temple windows began to respond to it and tremble before starting to decrease. Mousesack looked somewhat tired since the temple was not small, and he had to use a large amount of chaos energy.  

He returned to the commanders of the soldiers, "Now, can you explain to me what happened here?" Mousesack asked calmly.  

"This place belonged to one of the city's gangs, their leader was known as Fred, according to what his men said, they were attacked by a monster child. That's where the chaos started," the man spoke cautiously.  

"And why would a city gang feel comfortable occupying an abandoned temple, and nobody did anything about it?" Mousesack asked with a sharp look.  

"That... Unfortunately, we couldn't deal with their gang," the man stuttered a bit.  

"It doesn't matter now, let me see those men who survived, I want to hear more about this monster child." Mousesack put that matter aside and walked over to some captured men as they fled from the burning temple.  

"I swear, I saw the child, it had evil red eyes and could kill a man before he could react with sharp claws!" said a man chained to the ground surrounded by soldiers.  

"Shut up, you're completely drunk," said the guard, slapping the man.  

"Wait, let me hear them." Mousesack appeared, and the guard made way for the druid to talk to the men.  

There were five of them captured, some crying with burned arms and others injured with cuts, as Mousesack could see. "Tell me more about this monster..." Mousesack asked.  

"Why should we..." A man beside him spoke and spat on the ground.  

"This monster seems to have ruined your entire gang, don't you at least want revenge?" Mousesack asked again as the man huffed.  

"We should talk, that monster had wings on its back and spat fire!" said the first drunk returning to his story.  

"Shut up, you idiot. If you want to tell him, at least tell the truth and don't lie like a drunk fool," the second man growled at his companion and turned back to Mousesack.  

"We were partying when we discovered a child appearing in the middle of the hall, soon after they said the prisoners had escaped, and we thought the child was one of them, I saw, I swear I saw, when Zef was going to take the child to the cage, the boy pulled a knife from Zef's own waist before he could react and I saw Zef falling to the ground writhing like a pig as his neck was cut by the knife," he said, looking at the

"He used a knife? He didn't have claws?" Mousesack asked curiously.  

"No, he knew how to use it, I've never seen anyone like that, I would say the child was some kind of assassin wizard, I saw him get involved in a fight of several people against the child, and he could dodge all attacks while he seemed to play as he reaped everyone's lives," the man spoke and paused before continuing. "Tell me, wizard, are the witches creating a new kind of aberration now? I know very well that that child was human, but his red eyes, how he moved, and how he killed all of us as if we were mere slaughter, that was not human at the same time," the man growled.  

"Not that I know of any new experiment about witches. But this is intriguing, this reminds me of one of my recent investigations, tell me what was the boy's eye like?" Mousesack asked.  

"The eye? To me, it's just red, what more could I say," the man spoke, shrugging.  

"I saw it! They like eyes of the very devil that was hungry to take our souls! Hm? Ouch!" the first drunk spoke scared, but took a punch from his companion.  

"If you're going to say something, say something right, you idiot," said the second man.  

"I saw it," a third from the group spoke softly, and Mousesack looked at him. "At one moment, the child looked at us after killing Zef, he said he would kill us and leave no one alive, when he looked at us, I saw his eyes were red, but had black designs on them, I can't say what they look like, I've never seen anything like it," said the other man.  

"This really does match the description of Geralt..." Mousesack murmured and returned to the men. "How did the fire start? Was it the child who did it... spitting fire from his mouth?" Mousesack asked to make sure they were talking about the same child.  

"Yes, we thought we had caught the damn thing! Fred threw some powder on him, which blinded him, but you can imagine our surprise when he started to move his hand and make strange signs before spitting fire at all of us?! That shouldn't be right, were we facing some kind of dragon?" a fourth spoke.  

"I see... well, it seems I know who we are talking about," Mousesack concluded and asked to see the captives.  

He spent some more time interrogating and was surprised that the child had released the prisoners before starting the attack so that they could escape. "At least the child doesn't seem to be so bad..." Mousesack gave his observation and returned to the castle, since the next day he had to report to his queen.  

As soon as the day dawned, he was summoned by the queen, in the throne room, was Calanthe Fiona Riannon sitting in the highest chair, symbolizing the highest position in the kingdom, by her side, her current husband, Eist Tuirseach, leader of the Skellige islanders. To Mousesack's surprise, little Cirilla also appeared in the throne room.  

"Good morning, Mousesack, I hope you have slept well," Calanthe greeted him, in the throne room at that moment, it was just the royalty and armed guards.  

"Thank you for asking, my queen, I am well. Even due to recent events," Mousesack bowed and waited for his queen to speak.  

"So I would like you to proceed with what you discovered because my city was involved in a fire in the middle of the night. But before I must deal with our little intruder today," she turned to Cirilla standing next to the throne. "You never come here to listen to the nobles, why your interest today?" She raised an eyebrow.  

"I saw the fire! I want to know what happened too!" Cirilla spoke with a sly smile.  

"Perhaps this is not a conversation for a little girl..." Calanthe said.  

"Please! I promise I'll never run away again!" Cirilla pleaded.  

"Let the little girl, Calanthe, I'm sure the more you lock her up, the more rebellious she will be," said Eist next to her with a smile while winking at Ciri.  

"..." Calanthe did not like that while sending a hawkish look to her husband, but ended up not commenting anything and turned her attention back to the court mage. "Proceed with the story."  

"Yes, my queen," Mousesack said and began to recount.  

"So a child wiped out almost an entire gang in one night?" Calanthe said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, my queen," Mousesack said after he had spoken about the report.  

Cirilla wanted to speak, but Calanthe stopped her before continuing. "This is quite unusual, is the child by any chance..." She spoke and was going to finish with a monster, as no six-year-old child should be so cruel or have so many abilities that she only imagined witches should have.  

"I don't know, it could be that, it could be a witcher who went through the trials, although the age is even younger than what the known schools tested for, or it could be something new," Mousesack commented, the strange abilities of this Madara Uchiha intrigued him, and he had never seen someone fight in that way.  

"Monster or not, this child must be a great warrior," Eist commented with some humor; in Skellige, strength was always respected.  

"It's him! I knew it!" Cirilla shouted, no longer able to contain herself.  

"So this child is the one that the witcher and my granddaughter found in the forest, he entered Cintra?" Calanthe asked with a sharp look.  

"Yes..."  

"Do you think he is a threat? Should we try to get rid of him at all costs?" Calanthe asked again, clearly she was concerned about a boy who possesses such strength, and if he were a threat, she would mobilize all the city's forces behind the child with red eyes.  

"I cannot say yet, my queen, this morning I heard a report that the boy belonged to an orphanage and had disappeared months ago, he used to have black eyes, not red, before he started the attack, he went to the orphanage and the caretaker said he tortured and killed another man. This to me is quite concerning," the druid spoke and continued. "But I must still say that the boy saved a handful of men, women, and children from human trafficking this night, moreover, Geralt told me that he saved Cirilla's life, I believe this may warrant the benefit of the doubt before saying he is a threat," Mousesack commented, analyzing the whole situation.  

"Yes, it's true! I knew it, we are connected, he had black eyes too!!" Cirilla seemed to be unraveling a puzzle with joy.  

"You are not connected to anyone!" Calanthe shouted at the girl, the last thing she wanted to hear was about fate and these connections, it was enough that her granddaughter was connected with that witcher, now there's another boy? She refuses to believe and did not want to hear more about it. Cirilla lowered her head with her grandmother's fury, while Calanthe turned back to speak.  

"I want posters of this child all over the city with a reward, I want you to capture him," Calanthe gave the order to the commander of the guard in the room, and he quickly bowed and started to leave to carry out his orders.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 30 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

15