Chapter 18 – Cintra 11!
330 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

Two days had passed since the meeting with the royal mage. Madara woke up feeling somewhat better from his injuries; he felt the potion the druid was making take effect. After seeing he was well, he decided to go out for the first time after the chaos he had caused. He jumped out of the window of the place and went for a walk in the city after removing his bandages.

Madara needed to raise money again, but without causing all that chaos or drawing too much attention. As he walked through the city in noble, yet not too flashy clothes, almost no one noticed him, seeing him as just a child. And he continued to walk until he reached a square in that district, Cintra remained the same, with people walking and guards patrolling. Upon reaching the square, he went to a large board of announcements and services in the middle of the square.

In this world, it's common to have such places for people to advertise their things, especially for those seeking solutions to their problems and those wanting to earn some money by solving others' problems.

There was such a board throughout the city, and he was in the east square, first noticing that his wanted poster was no longer there, thinking that the druid was behind this. Shrugging, he went to look at the other posters, but there was a big problem for Madara.

"I can't read this language..." Like any child from an orphanage, he was not literate. He even knew 3 languages from his past life like English, Spanish, and German... but in this world, that was quite useless... 'Maybe I should accept the mage's invitation to get educated in the castle...' He murmured, but would think about it later.

He looked at the sheets pinned to the board, despite not being able to read them, he knew he might find something interesting with the drawings, since requests for monsters usually had a drawing of the creature. He unknowingly passed by a poster about a lost dog, another poster about house swapping, the sale of a residence, some requests for food aid. There was all sorts of things there, but something caught Madara's attention in the last posters: there were rewards for missing children and the hunt for some monsters.

Seeing the images of children drawn with a title of lost, something he at least knew, he already knew what had happened to them, but there wasn't much he could do. Then he ran his hand through the posters of monster hunting. There, there was a small hunt to catch some drowners that were bothering a small village outside of Cintra. He didn't see much information, but it mentioned the name of the village and the creature that needed to be hunted.

After taking the poster, he then decided to take on this mission. Seeing that he needed to get a map, since he didn't know the village, he went to a place where they sold various items and he asked a man for a map who looked suspiciously at him, but, seeing his clothes, didn't care much and ended up selling. Madara paid in coins he still had and looked at the map patiently. After managing to locate himself, he decided to go to that area south of Cintra and do the mission on the same day.

Instead of taking the gate, he simply went to the wall and jumped over, heading south. Although he wasn't a criminal now, he still didn't want to waste time going through the gate when he could quickly get past all the guards unnoticed. And instead of taking a horse, he ran, since, being a ninja, he could be faster than anything there.

Three hours heading south, while jumping between trees and running with his hands behind through the forest, finding nothing but wild animals, he finally arrived at the small village. He approached and saw many people working in the fields, some children of his age running around the place, some parents talking with each other, some even arguing with the children. As he walked, a local farmer saw the boy approaching and found it strange, because he didn't recognize him and saw that he also wore clothes far superior to those of the village.

"Are you lost, kid?" the man grumbled. 

"No, I'm looking for Cléber." Madara spoke. 

"What do you want with him?" The man asked, suspiciously. 

Madara just lifts the poster. "I'm here for this request in town," Madara said. 

"That request from the drowners? you took it from the big city and came here, alone?!" The man looked angrily. 

"Yes, I came. I'm here." Madara didn't care about the man's tone. 

The man still looked angrily but only said, "If you want Cléber, he's going to teach you a lesson for this. So, he's there in the biggest hut, but get ready because you're going to suffer his wrath, kid." The man spoke, letting Cleber deal with a child who took the poster that the village gathered to pay for. 

Madara shrugged, already knowing how some people in this world acted. He walked up to the hut and knocked on the door. An old man opened it, looking a bit surprised. "Who are you, child? I don't know you." he asked. 

"I'm Madara Uchiha. I'm here for the job," he showed the paper to the old man. The old man looked even more surprised. 

"This is a paper that I requested in the capital...." He said, since with his isolated village and he didn't know how to write. So, usually villages like this, when they look for a solution to problems they can't solve, go to the city where, a paid scribe, makes a poster for them to put on the notice board. Although it was just a request, it was already money spent and seeing it in the hands of the boy who appeared in front of him made him think that this brat just ripped off his money. 

Immediately, he became enraged, since his poster was taken from the city and brought by a child. He expected to see some adult around, so he still asked, "You came to do the job? This is a job for witcher. Are you with him?" he asked. 

Madara sighed a bit, already knowing that this was not going to end well. So, he had no choice but to close his eyes and opened them while his Sharingan activated. "I am a witcher," he spoke calmly, leaving the man quite surprised even stumbling backwards seeing the boy's eyes change color. 

"What, what are you?" he still asks. 

"Don't you know that witchers don't have different colors in their eyes? I am one." Madara spoke again, making the man now believe that the one he was talking to was not a child, not with that tone of voice and crimson eyes. 

However, his world logic still made him not believe his eyes. "But you're just a child. I've never heard of a witcher being a child," he murmured, but with some fear. 

"Yes, I'm one of the few to survive the transformation," Madara lied, just to get the job done and gather information faster. 

"Alright, little witcher. I will, I will tell you about the job. There's a group of drowners that drove all the fishermen from the village near the lake. We need to get rid of them since it's decreasing the village's food supply, we need the fish from the lake too. Can you do this, even being a child?" he asked. 

"Yes, that's no problem. Just tell me the location and I will go," Madara spoke. The man started to tell the direction and the location. Madara nodded, listening silently. Then, as soon as the conversation ended, he said he would head to the location. 

The man just saw the child off, still quite surprised, hoping he would finish the job too, even being a child. A man came up to his side. "Did you see that child, Cleber? He ripped off our poster, I hope you taught that brat a lesson!" 

"Are you crazy? Didn't you see that child was a witcher." Cleber said.

"A witcher? Are you kidding me? It was just a kid, albeit a rich one, just because I don't know how he ended up here."

"The child went to the lake. He told me he was a witcher, and I saw his eyes. Those were not normal eyes. I've never seen anything like it. I didn't even know witcher could change their eyes like that, from one moment to the next. So, they might even disguise themselves as us, humans," the man murmured as Madara disappeared into the forest.

Madara continues walking through the forest until he came out of life and started jumping between the trees. It didn't take long, just about 10 minutes, to reach the lake. He landed on top of a huge rock, looking around and searching for the description of the place that Cléber had talked about, finally seeing the place, he approached. It didn't take long to see creatures running around the beach, walking corpses, like any blue necrophage, there were at least about 12 of them and a nest.

"I hate this smell," Madara complained, already feeling the stench.

The task was simple for him: just to eliminate a group of them and destroy the nest. It didn't take long for him to appear in front of them and, without weapons, since he had spent them all against the witcher. He would do the job just using jutsus. So, as the drowners were surprised by Madara jumping right in front of them, the boy quickly began to make a set of seals, puffing his cheeks, he blew his fireball jutsu, which covered most of the drowners, at least 7 out of the 12. The creatures immediately suffered from the flames, resorting to the water immediately to try to alleviate the burns and fire, but most had already fallen to the ground dead.

The remaining creatures advanced on Madara, but he, once again, made a set with the seal and fired several fireballs in a smaller area to hit the last drowners. Immediately, the place was filled with the roars of pain of these creatures while all fell dead on the ground one by one.

"Quick..." Madara sighed, seeing that there were no more of them alive and went to the nest, where he spat out more fire, destroying it. He took a spare sword and started cutting the necks of the burned creatures, but he didn't return immediately to the village, since his job was very quick and probably they would complain, already knowing this world, saying that his work was too easy and he shouldn't be paid the full amount.

Madara spent 2 days training until he returned to the village. He came with a stinking bag, surprising many residents with how a child walked with that kind of thing. He arrived at Cléber's house and started throwing all the drowned heads on the ground, making the man sigh and also cover his nose. "What a stench," he exclaimed, looking at those things, but he nodded, giving Madara 50 gold coins.

"The poster said it was 70," Madara murmured, looking at the man, but Cléber just shook his head.

"That's all we have, we can't do anything," he said, and Madara sighed, since he couldn't just hurt and kill people from a village over 20 gold coins. So, he let it pass. 50 gold coins was better than nothing.

"I'm sure this will happen more times..." He murmured after putting another 50 coins in the system. After that, he walked out of the village, heading north where the capital was, but he didn't go straight to the city, he wanted to train the substitution jutsu, since it would be quite useful in the future.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 30 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

16