Chapter 20: Clark as a Negative Example (Edited)
535 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yeah, Robert, why were you running and shouting at the same time?" The Kents were quite accepting of supernatural abilities, after all, they had Clark as a precedent, but they still didn't understand Robert's action of running while making "da da da" sounds.

"Oh, I was just in a good mood, thinking about a legendary Saiyan warrior. When he was young, he often made such sounds..." Robert explained with a smile, spreading his hands.

"But later, after he became a legendary warrior and even the strongest among the Saiyans, he never made such noises again. People began to miss his pure joy and innocence from when he was younger!"

"Saiyans, is that your race? You know your origins? We haven't even taken you to see the spaceship yet..." The Kents were stunned, not expecting Robert to already know about his origins.

"Robert is different from me; he was born with some memories of his race. He seemed a bit dull before due to brain protection, but now that he's recovered, he knows more abilities than I do..." Clark shared Robert's unique situation.

"It's because of his race's particularity that he has a special obsession with adventure and training, or exercise. These past days, every time we went out, he was the one leading me to train."

The Kents nodded in understanding, now realizing how Robert managed his hunting before. With such speed, it indeed would be difficult for prey to escape...

After a moment of silence, they looked at Robert seriously and instructed, "Since you possess such extraordinary abilities and have such needs, we can't stop you..."

"But we have one request for you, the same as we had for Clark. You absolutely cannot reveal your extraordinary abilities in front of ordinary people!"

"Your route to school should also be carefully chosen to avoid populated areas, and you must slow down when nearing towns to avoid detection..."

"Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I'll be careful. See, when I faced Okinaga and them with guns, I didn't reveal any issues, did I?" Robert said confidently.

Robert: Confident Hearing Robert's words, the Kents didn't argue but nodded in agreement, feeling reassured. In their view, Robert, who clearly possessed special abilities, didn't reveal anything unusual during the school shooting incident, indeed performing very well!

If it were Clark at Robert's age, he definitely wouldn't have been able to hide it so well!

This realization made the Kents glance at Clark, remembering incidents from his childhood when he accidentally revealed his abilities...

The comparison was clear!

Clark never imagined that one day he would become a negative example!

Especially knowing the truth behind the shooting incident, Clark almost exposed Robert's pretense, but in the end, he held back.

Because Clark didn't know if this was part of Robert's plan. If he exposed Robert's actions, Robert might not be able to go to Central City High School anymore, giving Robert a legitimate reason to go on an adventure and train openly...

Thinking this, Clark glared at Robert and decided to give him a serious warning, especially noticing that Robert didn't seem to take the Kents' advice to heart.

Clark: (# ̄m ̄)

Soon, the Kent family set off for home, the Kents feeling even more that their old pickup was really slow after witnessing Robert's speed.

After returning home, Clark pulled Robert aside for another talk.

"I know you have many abilities, but you should also take what Mom and Dad said seriously. We are different from humans, and revealing our abilities might not be a good thing for us..." Clark looked at Robert seriously, admonishing him.

"So, you must be careful on your way to school and avoid being discovered. Tomorrow, we'll scout the area to find the most suitable route."

"Bro, you don't really have a problem hiding yourself, and you don't need to be so careful, repressing your abilities..." Robert shrugged and explained with a smile.

"I didn't ignore what Mom and Dad said, but this world isn't just home to the two of us as outliers. I believe other strong individuals also hide themselves, but not to the extent of being overly cautious!"

"Hm? You've discovered other beings different from ordinary humans?" Clark's eyes lit up, looking at Robert expectantly.

Indeed, Clark had abilities similar to mythical beings with far-reaching vision and hearing, but he never listened to voices unrelated to him or invaded others' privacy.

And importantly, Clark couldn't sense energy-based strong individuals. At most, he could see some people with physical strength beyond ordinary humans but couldn't truly identify those who hid their strength deeper.

But Robert was different. He could sense the presence of strong individuals through their energy, even if these strong individuals hadn't cultivated energy. Most living beings and even objects possess energy, and Robert could preliminarily judge someone's strength based on it.

Like with Clark, even though his energy was replaced by a special force, Robert could still differentiate Clark from others through their energy.

Of course, the energy Robert sensed from Clark wasn't as strong as Clark's own power, which also made Robert cautious. The strength of energy didn't necessarily indicate the level of power!

"Now my energy is still weak, but I can vaguely sense some stronger energies than ordinary humans. The presence of these energies indicates that there are beings in this world who surpass ordinary humans. Maybe, like us, they're not from this Earth!" Robert explained with a smile.

"The world has other, different beings? I hadn't thought of that..." Clark's gaze flickered slightly, as if relieved and somewhat happy.

After returning home, Clark didn't show anything unusual, but his appetite was noticeably larger than before. As for Robert, he naturally needed to eat more outside.

Now that Robert didn't need to go to school for a short while, he simply increased his training time. After all, each training session allowed him to feel his growth, much stronger than his original body in the Dragon Ball world.

Robert couldn't help but marvel, the potential of Saiyans in training truly far exceeds that of Earthlings, not to mention their combat capabilities...

New book seeking collections, recommendations, monthly tickets, investments, and follow-upsヾ(≧O≦)〃Wow

25