Chapter 28: Kara Exposes Her Powers
403 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Speaking of which, what about the surrounding environment? With all these pits and scorches, and the deep footprints left by your transformation into a giant ape, what if other people see this..." After dealing with Robert with a meal, Clark looked around hesitantly and spoke.

"It's simple, you still have the strength, so naturally, you'll clean up. Use your heat vision to scrape off a layer of the ground around, then blow a gust of wind to cover the surface with dust, right? I know this is a test of your control over your heat vision and breath, but isn't this a form of training?" Robert looked at Clark with a smile, persuasively.

"When you can control the force of your heat vision precisely, you should be able to develop new ways to use your internal energy!"

"Really?" Clark squinted at Robert, feeling like Robert was bluffing him, but without evidence.

"Of course, it's true! Haven't you felt a stronger grasp on your own power with my help over this period?" Robert nodded earnestly, looking directly into Clark's eyes without any evasion.

"Besides, my hand is injured, though it's healing quickly, I can't do it right now. Do you really have the heart to see me work with an injury?"

Robert: (づ)づ

"I do have the heart!" Clark glared at Robert, now sure Robert was bluffing, but seeing that Robert's arm had indeed not recovered, Clark could only shake his head helplessly and began using his heat vision to smooth out the uneven marks on the ground, physically smoothing them.

However, Robert wasn't entirely tricking Clark. Clark rarely used his heat vision and hadn't had many opportunities to develop its uses. This was indeed a rare opportunity for Clark, especially with such a large project...

After Clark smoothed out the pits and covered everything with dust, the brothers quietly returned home, with Clark making sure the Kent couple had gone to bed before entering.

Otherwise, if the Kent couple saw their two sons returning in a nearly naked and dirty state, they wouldn't know how to react.

To those in the know, this was a battle between the Kryptonian Superman and a Saiyan giant ape; to those unaware, it looked like the Kryptonian Superman and a Saiyan were begging in tattered clothes on the streets! ...

The next day, Robert still got up early for training and headed towards Central City School. Even if his arm hadn't fully recovered, as long as he avoided collisions and fights, there wouldn't be any problems.

What Robert didn't know was that Kara also got up early today, scanning the direction of Kansas early on, determined to find Robert, forcibly create a chance encounter, get close to Robert, uncover his secrets, and see if she could touch Robert's tail...

"How come he eats so much early in the morning? He doesn't eat like this at school... Uh, if he ate like this at school, he would probably scare someone to death." Soon, Kara saw Robert eating heartily and quickly analyzed the route Robert would take to school, preparing an ambush in advance. After a while, as Robert entered Central City and slowed down, heading towards the school, he suddenly felt a strong presence on his path, and it was Kara!

"Is that Kara? Coincidence? Or..." Robert's gaze flickered slightly, but he didn't stop. Instead, he subtly changed his route to see if Kara would also shift.

If it was a coincidence, they would just miss each other, but if it wasn't...

"Uh? Was I discovered?" Kara saw Robert silently change his route and felt a flicker of doubt, murmuring to herself, "Can he also see me? Is it the same kind of x-ray vision as mine? Does that mean he saw me naked?"

Kara: (////▽////) "No movement? Am I overthinking?" After Robert changed his route and noticed Kara's presence didn't move, he breathed a sigh of relief, planning to ignore it and continue towards the school. But at that moment, Kara's presence began to move rapidly, appearing at the corner of the street in front of Robert.

"..." Robert's mouth twitched slightly, realizing he hadn't overthought it – Kara was indeed coming for him, and her speed exceeded Robert's expectations!

"Indeed! Power can't be the only standard to judge strength!" In the time it took for this thought to flash through Robert's mind, Kara had already appeared in front of him.

"What a coincidence!" Kara's face was flushed as she energetically greeted Robert, "Is your home this way? Then we can go together in the future... Huh? You're injured? What happened?"

Kara was speaking when her gaze suddenly focused on Robert's arm, where she saw several cracks in the bones of Robert's right arm, healing at a rate beyond that of a normal person, but still needing a bit more time for complete recovery.

This puzzled Kara. She could tell Robert's physical strength far exceeded that of an ordinary person, plus the skillful techniques Robert displayed yesterday. Kara couldn't understand why someone like Robert would get injured...

And judging by the speed of the healing, Robert's injury was quite severe! "Huh? You can see my injury?" Robert's gaze sharpened as he looked at Kara suspiciously. He knew the surface injuries on Robert's right arm had healed completely, only the bones hadn't fully recovered yet. Kara being able to see his injuries meant she could see his bones!

This made Robert think of Clark, especially since when he met Kara yesterday, he felt her presence was somewhat similar to Clark's! "Uh..." Hearing Robert's question, Kara's face stiffened slightly, her eyes darting around, about to make up an excuse when her ears suddenly twitched, and then her expression drastically changed, a red light flashing in her eyes as a heat vision uncontrollably shot towards the ground.

Robert: ┌(.Д.)┐ What? Is this an attempt to silence me? "Please excuse my absence!" Just as the thought flashed through Robert's mind, Kara's figure vanished, and then Robert heard Kara's voice by his ear. In Robert's perception, Kara's presence was moving at a speed far surpassing his own, gradually disappearing.

20