Chapter 29: The Incident Triggered by a Stone 
398 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Laser vision? X-ray vision, super speed, physical strength many times that of a normal human, powerful aura, similar to Clark's aura..." It was only a long while after Kara left that Robert came back to his senses, looking at the scorched mark on the ground, and began to wonder.

"Could it really be such a coincidence? The first superhuman I officially meet is a clan member of Clark? Clark's abilities are not cultivated, and Kara's control, also doesn't seem cultivated but rather, like Clark, not very adept at controlling her powers. This can only be explained by racial talent!"

"However, isn't this race too powerful? Born this strong, how many races must feel desperate... Wait! She has x-ray vision; she couldn't have seen my tail, right? Yes! She reached out her hand yesterday, seemingly to grab my tail!"

Robert: ╰~(∠ゝз:)_ That's too much! Thinking of this, Robert felt uncomfortable all over, and his tail even had a slight stress reaction.

"She left suddenly, probably because she saw or heard something. I should help her ask for leave first!" After coming to his senses, Robert shook his head helplessly and headed towards the school, "When she returns, I'll speak to Clark, and then take her to meet Clark. Clark should be very happy to see a member of his race... that is, assuming their race doesn't have traditions similar to the Saiyans."

Soon, Robert arrived at the school and asked for leave on behalf of Kara, under the resentful gazes of the Dmitri quintet. Facing Dmitri and the others' gazes, Robert also thought of what he said yesterday, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Because, in Robert's opinion, even if he avoided it, facing Kara who possesses the same abilities as Clark wouldn't make any difference. It's too easy for her to find him.

Furthermore, considering Kara's relationship with Clark's people, it seemed impossible for him to keep his distance from Kara...

And this is without Robert knowing that Kara and Clark are cousins.

On the other hand, Kara rushed back to her home at an extremely fast speed. At this time, her home was in a mess, as if it had been plundered, with belongings scattered everywhere.

However, Kara breathed a sigh of relief for a moment, then went straight to a corner of her home.

With a "bang!" Kara's foot kicked a brick in the corner, followed by a sudden "click-click" sound of the ground moving, revealing a set of stairs in front of Kara, followed by two worried and panicked faces stretching out. When they saw Kara, their expressions relaxed a bit.

"Kara, quick, your sister has been kidnapped. She discovered something unusual beforehand and told us to hide here with this little stone, but she..." After regaining their composure, the Danvers couple quickly reminded Kara.

"Don't worry, Alex is fine for now, just tied up, no life-threatening danger..." Kara glanced in Alex's direction, shook her head, and softly reassured, "I'll bring her back now. Stay here and keep quiet until I return!"

"What about this little stone?" The Danvers couple picked up a small stone and handed it to Kara, hesitatingly said, "Wouldn't it be safer with you?"

"Isn't it just a broken stone? I can crush it easily with my hands. Alex actually said this thing is a supernatural item? It's not as interesting as Robert..." Kara pouted, took over the octagonal stone with a mouse pattern engraved on it, and couldn't help but complain, disappearing on the spot.

"Did you find it?" In a car speeding along, five masked men were seated, with one on the passenger side talking to his superior through an earpiece, hearing an urgent voice from the superior.

"No, but we've captured Alex. After bringing her back for interrogation, we'll know its whereabouts!" The masked man confidently said, "I don't believe anyone can withstand our organization's interrogation methods!"

"Mm, be careful not to leave any traces. Did you clean up her house?" The superior's cold voice came again.

"Her family wasn't home. After a thorough search without finding the target item, we withdrew to prevent any accidents!" The masked man was speaking when suddenly, he noticed someone standing next to the rearview mirror of the moving car, startling him, "What the?!"

"What's happening?" The superior's grave voice came through the earpiece, but the masked man was too preoccupied to respond. Except for the driver, the others drew their guns and started shooting!

"Bang!"

"Bang!"

"Bang!"

It must be said, these masked men had precise shooting skills, their bullets didn't miss, all hitting the target's head, which was much better than the probationary officer who fired 76 bullets.

But, as precise as the bullets were, they did not cause any harm to the newcomer, because the newcomer was none other than Kara.

The bullets deformed severely upon hitting Kara's face and then fell to the ground, while Kara grabbed the roof of the car, and the speeding vehicle's wheels frantically scraped the ground, unable to move an inch further...

Masked men: (??#Д)

"You... what kind of monster are you?!" Although their expressions were hidden by masks, their voices were filled with thick horror. They were not unfamiliar with supernatural powers, but such a scene of resisting bullets with flesh and grabbing a car with one arm was undoubtedly a huge shock to them.

"Bang!"

"Snap!"

"Thud!"

Kara did not respond to the masked men. In a flash, several of them were thrown out of the car, landing awkwardly on the ground, incapacitated and unable to speak, their firearms and earpieces destroyed by Kara.

With a "click," after dealing with them, Kara opened the trunk, saw her disheveled sister Alex with her mouth sealed with duct tape, hands and feet tied, lying there, and quickly freed her.

"Phew! Glad you came, that was close..." After regaining her freedom, Alex took a deep breath, looked at the masked men lying on the ground with a sharp look in her eyes, and said in a deep voice, "From what I just heard, they came for the talisman. Did you bring the talisman?"

"Talisman? You mean this broken stone?" Kara raised her eyebrows, casually tossed the so-called talisman stone to Alex, and said, "To help me figure out its origin and that unknown relative, you joined that official agency, which isn't very impressive. Not only did it cause such a commotion, but it also only found a broken stone. My findings are even greater than yours!"

Thank you, dear readers, for your recommendations, follow-ups, and support!

21