Chapter 41: The Moment of the Hunt
404 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I... I'm just not quite used to it..." Clark was rendered speechless by Robert's consecutive questions, saying somewhat dryly.

Although Clark had to admit that Robert had some valid points, Robert's actions were simply too brutal! Not at all like a fifteen-year-old boy.

First breaking Carlos and Fox's limbs and then obliterating Fox from head to toe, the inherently kind-hearted Clark found such methods somewhat unacceptable, even though he knew Robert was not wrong in killing their enemies.

Faced with Clark's hesitation, Robert didn't immediately respond. Instead, he reached for Carlos's head, and a hint of despair flashed in Carlos's eyes, utterly powerless to stop Robert's action.

"Hmm..." Soon after, Robert obtained some similar yet slightly different images, "The target is Clark Kent. If he does not die, he is destined to become a god? This information is different from what the Loom of Fate previously conveyed. Was it suspected to be fabricated by Sloan? But seeing our performance, that suspicion was dismissed?"

With a "Pfft!" sound, Robert, obtaining new information and undeterred by Clark's discomfort, chose to obliterate Carlos as well.

For Robert, Fox and Carlos, and the so-called Brotherhood, since they dared to assassinate Clark and him, even posing a threat to their parents, there was only one way out: death.

In this matter, nobody's opinion mattered, not even Jesus's, Robert declared!

"Robert..." Seeing another life taken before him, Clark opened his mouth, suddenly understanding why Robert said he had performed well during the school shooting. If Robert's methods were anything to go by, the bodies of the three assailants from Oken might not have been found intact.

"Clark, I know you're kind-hearted, but sometimes, being purely kind-hearted is useless..." Robert didn't start with the information he had seen but earnestly said to Clark.

"Since they chose to kill us, being killed by me is nothing but natural. They are assassins and should be prepared for this!"

"You think my methods are cruel, but have you considered that their unprovoked attack on us is not cruel? I've said it before, if we weren't immune to bullets, we'd be dead, not to mention the potential threat to our parents' lives..."

"Fortunately, you're not so kind-hearted as to stop me from killing them!"

"I know, I'm just not used to this side of you. You're only fifteen..." After a moment of silence, Clark sighed wistfully, "And I can't, like you, comfortably erase other lives."

"Don't worry, I'm not a bloodthirsty person. My way of doing things is simple: save those I like, help those you want me to help, fight those who are against us, kill those who threaten our lives. It's that simple!" Robert said, shrugging his shoulders with a smile.

"When it's time to save someone, I won't hesitate; when it's time to kill, I won't hesitate; and when it's time to fight, I'll give it my all, ensuring not to let down my guard before the battle is over. After all, some of my... um, clan members often find themselves in dire situations because they're too reckless in battle."

"I know you're kind-hearted, so let me handle the task of ending our enemies' lives from now on. I'm a born warrior and won't feel the guilt you do!"

"Now, we need to discuss what to do next!"

"What's next? Aren't they dead already?" Clark looked at Robert hesitantly, "Do you intend to completely eradicate them?"

"What else? Wait for them to send more people? Wait for them to go after Mom and Dad when they find out we're tough to deal with? Didn't you say you were grateful that I made decisions at critical moments? Now, I've decided to eliminate the threat once and for all!" Robert looked at Clark helplessly, recounting the brief memories he had read from Fox and Carlos's brains.

"I won't die, become a god? Why?" Clark looked at Robert somewhat confused, "Just because a loom says so, they want to kill me?"

"More accurately, kill us. But clearly, I'm implicated by you!" Robert shook his head, saying seriously, "Next, it's up to you to find the location of their organization. The Loom, someone named Sloan, a black man... um, I can share these memory images with you, and then we can go ask them, right?"

"Alright!" Clark hesitated for a moment but quickly thought of the safety of the Kents, ultimately nodding. After sharing the memory images, he began to search for Sloan, the Brotherhood, and the location of the Loom.

"Clark Kent, I wonder how their mission is going. No news has come back yet..." Meanwhile, deep within the textile factory, Sloan murmured unknowingly with hesitation in his eyes.

"The Loom says he can become a god, but he seems like just an ordinary small-town farm youth. Nothing unusual about him. Could it be a mistake?"

"Found it!" Sloan probably didn't expect that just as he mentioned Clark's name, he was precisely located by Clark!

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Robert's eyes lit up, excitedly speaking, then suddenly stopped, frowning at Clark, "No, you can't come with me!"

"Why?" Clark was puzzled, looking at Robert.

"Can you guarantee there won't be other assassins coming? If we both leave, what happens if an assassin comes for Mom and Dad?" Robert explained seriously.

"So, you stay home and guide me. It's perfect; you can use telepathy to talk to me. If there's anything you want to ask, I can ask for you. Besides, if the scene is too bloody, I'm worried you won't be able to handle it..."

"This..." Clark looked around instinctively. He didn't see any suspicious individuals, but Robert's point made sense. He couldn't risk Sloan not sending others to deal with them. If assassins did come for Martha and Jonathan after they left, Clark would deeply regret it.

"Alright! Then we'll divide the tasks. I'll stay home to guide you while you deal with those guys and figure out why I'm being targeted!" Clark's eyes flashed with determination, "But be careful. If the situation turns sour, and I tell you to retreat, you must leave!"

"Don't worry! No problem!" Robert waved his hand with a smile, his figure rising into the air, his eyes gleaming, "Just focus on guiding me!"

Soon, Robert's figure disappeared into the sky, following Clark's directions towards the textile factory. The moment of the hunt had arrived!

Thank you all for your various votes. Please continue to follow, favorite, and recommend! ('ω')

21