Chapter 56: Did I Merge with Myself?
295 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The person who emerged from the darkness was none other than Clark, who had metaphorically shot himself in the foot by being forced to wear an ugly uniform. He couldn't help but stand up and oppose when he heard Robert wanted to use the tiger talisman charm to split into two personalities.

After all, Clark had witnessed what had happened to Jin and Jackie Chan. The tiger talisman charm had the power to transform Jin, a formidable underworld emperor dubbed a natural demon by the lord of Hell, into a monk sincerely believing in Buddhism. This showed just how terrifying the power of the tiger talisman charm could be! Therefore, Clark was unwilling to let Robert take such a risk. In Clark's view, it was as if the death-wishing cells in Robert had suddenly activated, just like before when he had asked to be beaten half to death by Clark, which was simply foolish…

"That, although I don't know who he is, I think what he says makes a lot of sense. You haven't experienced what I just went through, so you might not understand the seriousness of the situation…" Jackie Chan was startled by Clark's sudden appearance but quickly looked at Robert seriously, advising him.

"When the power of the tiger talisman charm hit me, my consciousness still existed, yet it felt as if it didn't. I could sense two versions of myself fighting, but I was utterly unable to control them. If you hadn't helped me get the tiger talisman charm, I might not have been able to recover!"

"So, I really don't recommend you use the power of the tiger talisman charm, especially since I've heard from my old man before that the charm's power might come from a demon…"

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing!" Robert confidently smiled, not responding to Jackie Chan's words but instead speaking telepathically to Clark, "Besides, I have you, right? You should already know how to make me recover. When the time comes, just have the kind version of me cooperate with you!"

"Oh, right, make sure you don't touch the tiger talisman charm yourself! If I lose control, you can still forcefully suppress me. But if you end up with an evil personality, your good intentions might not stand a chance against him…"

Robert understood Clark quite well at this moment. Although Clark's way of doing things had changed a lot under his influence and recent events, his fundamentally kind nature remained, now just coupled with the principle of protecting his loved ones.

And if the tiger talisman charm were to create an even kinder Clark, he definitely wouldn't stand a chance against an evil Clark.

Robert even suspected that an evil Clark could be more vicious than a Saiyan, potentially destroying the civilization of the entire Earth, so he took preventive measures…

Upon hearing Robert's words, Clark instinctively glanced at the tiger talisman charm in Jackie Chan's hand. He had to admit, Robert's concerns were valid. Compared to Robert losing control, his own would be truly terrifying, a scenario even he found frightening! "Why do you insist on splitting into different personalities?" After Clark resolved to stay away from the tiger talisman charm, he still didn't understand why Robert insisted on risking the use of the charm's power.

"I have a small experiment I want to try. Don't worry, even if it fails, I'll just revert back to my original state!" A bizarre image of a duet dance appeared before Robert as he smiled in response.

"Fine, let's find a secluded place then!" Clark sighed lightly and said to Jackie Chan, "We'll need you to take good care of the tiger talisman charm when the time comes…"

"Are we really going to use the charm? Alright then!" Jackie Chan scratched his head. Just as he finished speaking, he suddenly felt lighter. Before he could react, he was brought to a wilderness.

"What happened? Was I flying just now? Can you guys fly? How do you do it?" After regaining his senses, Jackie Chan bombarded Robert and Clark with questions.

"Just a little trick. Now, hand over the tiger talisman charm to me!" Robert shrugged, not explaining much, and took the tiger talisman charm from Jackie Chan.

With a "buzz," as the tiger talisman charm fell into Robert's hands, a burst of light was released from the charm, enveloping Robert. Robert then tossed the charm to Jackie Chan, and his form gradually split into two.

"Is this a different personality? Even without the charm's power boosting me, my strength hasn't weakened…" Kind·Robert muttered, looking at his hands.

"No! You're still too weak, not worthy of sharing the same name as me. There can only be one Saiyan in this world, and that's me!" Kind·Robert was interrupted by the fierce voice of Evil·Robert before he could finish.

"Don't be like this? We were originally one, why resort to fighting?" Kind·Robert was obviously different from Robert's true self. If it were Robert's true self, he would see the battle between two personalities as a good opportunity to enhance his strength.

"You coward! You're not worthy of being called a Saiyan! You're not worthy of the name Robert!" Kind·Robert's words instantly enraged Evil·Robert, who launched an attack while roaring, "Dream on if you think I'd merge with someone like you!"

With a "bang," however, Evil·Robert's attack was forcefully suppressed by Clark before it could take effect.

"Gulp!" Kind·Robert shrank his neck, whispering to Clark, "So fierce, so scary…"

"You two, follow the original plan of Robert!" Clark's expression was cold as he sternly addressed the two personalities of Robert.

For Clark, his brother was only Robert. Even if these two different personalities resembled Robert, they were not his brother. If they didn't act according to Robert's plan, Clark wouldn't be polite!

"Just do it, why so fierce?" Kind·Robert muttered under his breath.

"Hmph! One day, I will surpass you and suppress you!" Evil·Robert glared at Clark and said, "No! Maybe after I merge, I might be able to suppress you!"

"Merge!"

"Into!"

"Ha!"

Accompanied by an awkward dance, the fingers of the two Roberts successfully touched each other. Perhaps because they were originally one person, the Metamoran fusion didn't go awry.

A light enveloped the two Roberts, obscuring the events within, while the tiger talisman charm also emitted a strong light. Then, the light dimmed as if its power was being siphoned off, and the entire charm trembled slightly.

As the light continued to fade, the charm suddenly brightened, then all the light returned to the charm. From then on, not a single bit of the charm's power leaked out, as if it had become an ordinary stone.

"Did it succeed?" Soon, Robert's voice emerged. As the light dissipated, Robert, in a changed outfit, stood there sensing his power and muttered, "Or did it fail? Why do I feel that the power boost after merging isn't significant? Is it because I merged with myself? Or did the charm's power limit the fusion?"

13