Chapter 57: Reaching Cooperation  
220 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My power! My power has been stolen by a despicable thief! Damn it! Who is it? Varon! Go and find out who has stolen my power!" As Robert was dissatisfied with the power increase after his fusion, in a secret base deep within, a dragon-shaped statue suddenly roared in anger, causing the entire room to tremble.

"Lord..." Varon, dressed in a green suit, appeared shortly after the Lord's roar. His appearance wasn't particularly handsome, but his white hair added a certain majesty to him, not losing out in presence even in front of the roaring Lord.

"It must have been Jackie Chan. Tru and the others said that Jackie Chan and his companion fought with Jin. Jin was no match for Jackie Chan and his companion, so the tiger talisman charm must have ended up in Jackie Chan's hands..."

"Jackie Chan? Again?" The Lord's voice was filled with deep anger, his eyes almost shooting fire, "Last time, the monkey talisman charm ended up in his hands as well. You're useless... just useless..."

"Well, we indeed are useless, so I wonder if Lord you could grant us powerful strength, so we can defeat Jackie Chan, help you retrieve the talisman charm?" Varon didn't seem angry at the Lord's words but instead looked at him calmly and said.

"To gain powerful strength, all you need to do is bring back a talisman charm. Whether it's granting you extraordinary power or providing you with wealth beyond measure, it's all feasible. But you can't even bring back a single talisman charm, and you still dare to bargain with me?!" The Lord stared into Varon's eyes and said sharply.

"Okay, we have disappointed you, Lord. Next time we get news of a talisman charm, we will definitely bring it back to you. Just hope that you won't go back on your word then!" Varon bowed to the Lord as a sign of respect, then turned and left, leaving the Lord statue alone in the cold secret base chamber.

"Go! Ask Baron Strak how the research on the monkey talisman charm is going!" After leaving, Varon quickly ordered his subordinates. Clearly, although the tiger talisman charm didn't end up in Varon's hands this time, the monkey talisman charm mentioned by the Lord wasn't with Jackie Chan but had been taken by Varon, somehow deceiving the Lord.

"Yes!" His subordinates quickly went to handle the task.

"Also, look into that Alex and the organization behind her. The mouse talisman charm is in their hands, and we must take it back! There might be some connection between the mouse and monkey talisman charms..." Varon quickly came up with another order.

"Last time our people died without sending back any useful information. I don't want our people to be so useless next time! After all, I don't keep useless people around here!"

"Yes!" His subordinates trembled and hurriedly responded.

...

"Um, the talisman charm seems to have broken? Just now, it suddenly became very bright, then dimmed down, turning into an ordinary stone..." On the other side, Jackie Chan was a bit hesitant as he pointed to the tiger talisman charm in his hand while observing Robert suddenly changing his appearance and clothes.

After all, Robert and Clark had already displayed various strange abilities, so changing appearance was nothing new. As for Robert's mask disappearing after changing appearance, Jackie Chan tactfully pretended not to see.

"Hmm, then it looks like it was a success..." Upon hearing this, Robert looked at the tiger talisman charm in Jackie Chan's hand and thought, "The power of the tiger talisman charm allowed me to split into two personalities. Through the Metamoran fusion, I broke the original fusion power of the tiger talisman charm, forcibly merging the two personalities together, stealing the power that split the personalities into my own..."

"But clearly, not much was stolen, my energy hasn't reached the level of boost like Vegito's..."

"Still, it's some gain. Although it looks like the tiger talisman charm won't let me benefit from it anymore, at least my current state won't separate like Gotenks and Vegito. That means the enhancement of my body and energy this time is permanent, and the changes in my body seem to be greater than the energy boost!"

Thinking this, Robert was somewhat satisfied. The tiger talisman charm really was a good thing, making this outing quite rewarding!

"Are you okay?" Clark closely observed Robert and, after finding that Robert had only a certain increase in body strength and a change of clothes without any other abnormalities, finally breathed a sigh of relief.

"Don't worry, I'm fine!" Robert smiled and shook his head, turning to Jackie Chan, "Uncle Dragon, let's reintroduce ourselves. My name is Robert, an adventurer and martial artist. This collaboration was quite pleasant. If you encounter any talisman charm issues or other extraordinary events in the future, feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help..."

Now that Robert's appearance was already exposed, he might as well not hide it. Besides, it was only Jackie Chan here. Robert felt that Jackie Chan was trustworthy, not only because Robert already knew of him, but also because Jackie Chan's actions during their brief interaction confirmed he was a good person.

"Collaboration?" Jackie Chan scratched his head somewhat awkwardly, a bit embarrassed, "This time can't really be considered a collaboration. I didn't contribute much. Getting the tiger talisman charm was all thanks to you. You're much more powerful than me..."

"No, Uncle Dragon, your skills with props are quite strong!" Robert laughed, and the two complimented each other, bringing their relationship even closer.

For Jackie Chan, having a strong ally like Robert was something he wanted to maintain. He could see that Robert had no possessiveness over the talisman charms, at most just wanting to use them briefly.

Moreover, Jackie Chan's experiences in searching for talisman charms hadn't been smooth. Last time, the monkey talisman charm was directly taken by Varon's people. This time, if not for Robert's intervention, Jackie Chan felt it would have been unlikely to take the tiger talisman charm from a strong opponent like Jin...

"Alright, it's getting late. I should be going back. If there's news about a talisman charm or other extraordinary events, I'll let you know!" After reaching cooperation with Robert, Jackie Chan said goodbye and left. It was already late.

Honestly, Jackie Chan wanted Robert and Clark to fly him back, as he hadn't properly enjoyed the sensation of flying. It would have been nice to experience it once more.

However, Jackie Chan didn't dare to ask and silently walked through the wilderness.

"Damn! I should have asked them to send me off. In this wilderness, how long will I have to walk?" But soon after, Jackie Chan regretted his decision, muttering to himself as he looked around the environment.

"Should we go send him off?" Clark paused for a moment and asked Robert.

"Forget it. If we appear in front of him now to send him off, he'd probably be so embarrassed he'd want to find a hole to crawl into..." Robert shrugged helplessly, "Let's head home!"

14