Chapter 59: Vacation and the Start of Adventure  
290 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Robert went to school as usual and began meditating. Although he had gained some strength and energy after last night's fusion, Robert didn't slack off. After all, his training had just begun, and training itself is a persistent endeavor.

"Hmm?" Soon after, Kara arrived in the classroom. She instinctively looked at Robert and then noticed that Robert seemed a little different from yesterday.

"What's the situation? How did he improve his body strength so much overnight?" Kara used her x-ray vision and suspiciously stared at Robert for a while before murmuring to herself, then subconsciously sat next to him.

The Dimitri Group: Wuuu, why is she paying attention to Robert again? This is not what we expected!

"..." Robert opened his eyes somewhat helplessly, not because he heard the Dimitri Group's thoughts, but because he couldn't meditate properly with Kara sitting next to him.

"You seem different from yesterday... Your body is stronger..." Kara blinked and asked Robert in a low voice.

"Did you notice that? Huh? Wait! Are you using x-ray vision to peek at me again?!" Robert casually replied to Kara, then suddenly realized something and looked at her discontentedly.

"I... I didn't mean to. I just felt that you were different from yesterday, so I subconsciously wanted to check!" Kara's cheeks reddened, and she lowered her head, somewhat shyly.

"And, compared to yesterday, not only is your body more robust, but your tail seems thicker too!"

"Really?" Robert hadn't noticed his tail getting thicker. He moved his tail, which was coiled around his waist, pushing up his clothes, causing Kara's face to turn even redder. She kept her head down, but her eyes couldn't help but occasionally steal glances at Robert's tail.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Robert reminded Kara irritably, signaling her not to use x-ray vision to peek at him anymore. It made him uncomfortable!

"I'm going back!" Kara, caught red-handed, blushed and ran away, finally giving Robert some peace.

"Wuuu, what are they talking about? What's stronger? What's thicker? This can't be true! We must have heard it wrong!" The Dimitri Group, who had been paying attention to Robert and Kara, faintly heard a few keywords and felt half-chilled. They didn't know they had misunderstood Robert and Kara, and a sorrowful atmosphere spread around them again...

"Um! Better not tell him for now, the vacation is coming up anyway, and I have a surprise for him then!" Kara returned to her seat, suddenly realizing she hadn't figured out why Robert's body had become stronger. But with a flash of thought and a slight smirk, she mumbled to herself contentedly.

However, Kara was destined to be disappointed because it wasn't long before Jackie Chan contacted Robert, saying there was a new clue about the talisman.

"In a foreign country? Rome? That far?" Clark frowned upon hearing Jackie Chan's news, as it was far beyond his expected range. He had thought that talismans would mostly be within America.

"Rome? The Colosseum?" Robert's focus was obviously different from Clark's. His eyes lit up as he asked over the phone, "Is there a Colosseum there? Are there any masters?"

"We don't know about any masters. We wouldn't usually go that far. Our original target was in Mexico, but he was recently invited to Rome for some performance..." Jackie Chan explained, "I've already booked the tickets. Do you need me to book one for you? It can be reimbursed!"

"Can't we wait for your target to return to Mexico before taking action?" Clark asked before Robert could speak.

"We received information that Valon and his men are also targeting him, so we don't have the chance to wait for him to return!" Jackie Chan sighed slightly, then said softly, "Is it inconvenient for you guys? Then I'll contact you next time we have news about the talisman..."

"No need! It's convenient, very convenient!" Robert quickly spoke before Clark, "No need to buy me a ticket, I can get there by myself..."

"Alright, then we'll meet in Rome tomorrow afternoon. I'll contact you then!" In the antique shop, Jackie Chan quickly hung up and turned to the old man with gray hair, "Old man, you don't need to come with me, I've found external support!"

"Really? You're not going to mess things up, are you?" The old man scrutinized Jackie Chan, then warned.

"Don't worry! Old man, didn't I already bring back the Tiger Talisman before?" Jackie Chan patted his chest and said with a smile, "That external support is very powerful..."

"Hmph! I was even more powerful when I was young, you just never saw it." The old man shook his head, turned to go inside, then suddenly stopped, "Oh, and one more thing, your niece is coming over for the summer vacation. Finish your work early and come back..."

"Niece? Jade?" Jackie Chan blinked, looking at the old man's serious expression. He wisely didn't ask why Jade was coming but nodded, "I know, I'll get her a gift when I come back!"

Meanwhile, at the Kent farm, the Kents also learned about Robert's adventure. Initially, they were somewhat worried, but after Robert demonstrated his ability to fly in front of them, the Kents agreed to let Robert go out and adventure. They reminded him to not be afraid to expose himself in danger, to fly away immediately, and that his safety was most important...

After dinner with the family, Robert didn't choose to fly directly to Rome but decided to go there with added weight. After preparing his specially made weighted equipment, Robert planned to cross mountains and seas, training while heading to Rome, as that's the true meaning of adventure! "Sigh... I didn't expect that the first one to leave home for an adventure would be Robert." After Robert left, Martha sighed lightly, feeling a bit reluctant.

"Children grow up and have their own ideas. It's normal. And Robert is smarter than... very smart, with his own opinions. We don't need to worry too much about him!" Jonathan comforted Martha, almost mentioning Clark's name but stopping in time.

"Clark, if you have the chance, you can also go out and see the world. You don't need to stay here with us old folks all the time, especially since Robert is at school and doesn't need your care..." Martha turned to Clark and said earnestly, "You can start living the life you want."

"Don't worry, Mom. I will go out and see the world when I have the chance..." Clark's gaze flickered as he spoke softly.

Thank you all for your various tickets, seeking daily follows!

14