Chapter 60: Ox Talisman and Family Dinner  
333 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Remember to keep an eye on Robert. If he really gets into danger, you must do everything you can to save him!" After a long silence, Jonathan looked in the direction Robert had left, his gaze flickering, and said.

"Don't worry, Dad. We're family, we have to protect each other. I won't let anything happen to Robert!" Clark smiled upon hearing this, his voice firm.

...

Elsewhere, Robert, unaware of his family's conversation, was making his way through the wilderness, crossing mountains, and swimming in the sea. Then, he successfully got lost...

"Where am I? Wasn't I swimming east? Did I go the wrong way while chasing the whale?" Indeed, after a midnight meal, Robert overestimated his sense of direction and successfully got lost in the Atlantic Ocean. He couldn't sense Clark's energy here and couldn't use him as a reference for direction.

"Clark? Which way should I swim now?" So, Robert decisively activated the Clark global navigation system.

"To your right..." Clark's resigned voice echoed in Robert's mind. Robert quickly followed Clark's instructions and headed towards Rome.

The next day, Robert successfully crossed mountains and seas, arriving in Rome, confirming the saying that all roads lead to Rome.

However, under Clark's reminder, Robert waited for Jackie Chan's arrival in a low profile, as he was technically an undocumented stowaway, and being discovered wouldn't be good.

"Uncle Jackie!" Soon, Robert sensed Jackie Chan's energy and quickly met up with him, then asked in a low voice, "Where's the target you mentioned? I haven't sensed any strong people here..."

"At the Colosseum, but we shouldn't act directly yet. We need to figure out his position and the positions of Valon's men first. There should be quite a few people at the Colosseum, and if we cause too much commotion, it will be hard for us to leave..." Jackie Chan looked around and said softly.

"Alright, I'll follow your lead!" Robert agreed to let Jackie Chan make the arrangements, promising to restrain himself from acting impulsively in crowded situations.

Thus, Robert and Jackie Chan headed towards the Colosseum, which was hosting a mixed martial arts exhibition match these days. The competition featured many world-renowned fighters from judo, wrestling, boxing, sanda, sumo, and other fields. Jackie Chan's target was among them.

However, Robert didn't sense any strong aura among these people, but he remembered the wrestler wearing a mask, especially after recognizing the Ox Talisman on the wrestler's mask.

"Ox Talisman!" Jackie Chan also quickly locked onto the Ox Warrior and the Ox Talisman, whispering, "There are too many people now, let's not make a move. Just keep an eye on him. By the way, have you noticed Ah Fu and the others?"

"No, are you sure they're also after the talisman? I haven't sensed those people from the other night..." Robert shook his head, recognizing Ah Fu and T-Roo's energy, but he didn't sense their presence nearby.

"Maybe they haven't arrived yet. We just need to be careful." Jackie Chan slightly relaxed but didn't let his guard down, proposing his plan.

"The Ox Talisman is on his mask. We can wait until he finishes his performance and takes off his mask, then steal it. This way, we can save a lot of effort. How's my plan?"

"Ox Warrior? Mask?" But after hearing these keywords, Robert seemed to think of something and said softly, "Your plan might fail because the Ox Warrior never takes off his mask..."

"Ah?" Jackie Chan widened his eyes, looking at Robert somewhat baffled.

"Don't worry! Once I defeat him, I can rightfully take off his mask!" Robert patted his chest, assuring Jackie Chan.

"Alright, then we'll wait for him to be alone..." Jackie Chan nodded, somewhat confused, and waited quietly with Robert.

While Robert and Jackie Chan were waiting, a figure rushed toward the Kent farm, catching Clark's attention.

"Kara?" The one who arrived at the Kent farm was none other than Kara, her face full of excitement.

"What Kara? You should call me cousin!" Kara put her hands on her hips and glared at Clark, then looked around, her excitement gradually replaced by confusion. After a while, she asked Clark, "Where's Robert? Isn't it just the start of the vacation? Where is he?"

"He went on an adventure. He left yesterday. Are you here to find him?" Clark spread his hands, somewhat helplessly.

"Adventure? Already left? Hmph!" Kara huffed discontentedly, stubbornly saying, "I'm not here to find him! I came to inform you that our family has moved near Kent farm. We're neighbors now!"

This was the surprise Kara originally wanted to give Robert. At least in Kara's view, it was a surprise because she had even planned to join Robert in fighting and training when she was in a good mood.

But Kara didn't expect Robert to run away as soon as vacation started, leaving her incredibly disappointed...

"You moved nearby? That's great! Is everything settled? Do you need any help from me?" Clark raised an eyebrow. Although he was still adjusting to Kara's identity as his cousin, he welcomed this relative moving nearby.

"My spaceship hasn't been moved yet. I was planning to ask Robert for help tonight..." Kara looked somewhat dispirited, pouting.

"Leave it to me! I'll help you move tonight!" Clark said enthusiastically, "I'll inform Martha and the others. Why don't you come over for dinner tonight? Since Robert isn't here, we don't have to worry about food..."

"Alright, I wanted to chat with Martha anyway!" Kara forced a bit of interest, "I'll go home and tell my parents. Our two families haven't formally met yet. I think my parents and Martha will have a lot to talk about..."

Thus, without Robert's knowledge, the Kents and the Danvers had a dinner gathering. The two families, both adopting alien children, indeed had a lot in common. With Kara trying to get closer to Martha, the atmosphere was quite good, not lacking in any way without Robert...

In fact, if Robert were there, the atmosphere might not have been as good, as the Danvers didn't know how much he could eat. They might have been shocked by Robert's appetite.

At this moment, Robert, unaware that he had missed a dinner gathering, wouldn't have minded much even if he knew. He had more important things to do, as the night in Rome arrived earlier than in Kansas. Robert and Jackie Chan were preparing to take action!

17