Chapter 77: Explosive Lightning Fire 
757 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Batman's self-made equipment was plentiful, but this time he only went out to fight crime as usual, and rescuing Catwoman was an unexpected situation. He hadn't had time to fully arm himself to the teeth.

Therefore, not only did Batman lack sufficient means to deal with Robert, but he also lacked equipment to quickly eliminate the shadow ninjas. If it weren't for Catwoman's help while invisible, Batman would have struggled against the shadow ninjas continually throwing hidden weapons, as their numbers were simply too overwhelming…

Question: How can you defeat Batman?

Answer: Attack him on sight, giving him no chance to prepare! Fortunately, Batman was a master tactician. Although the battle situation was not in his favor, he quickly found a way to break the stalemate!

Batman disappeared once again, truly becoming a knight merged with the darkness. Even the shadow ninjas couldn't locate him. Facing attacks from the invisible Batman, they could only dissolve into black mist and vanish.

But Batman's speed in dealing with the shadow ninjas wasn't very fast, only slightly faster than Jackie Chan, who came to help unarmed, and far less efficient than Robert, who was like a one-man army cutting through grass.

At first, when Batman saw Robert easily killing the shadow ninjas, he thought they weren't very strong.

But after a brief encounter, Batman realized these ninjas were indeed masters within the realm of normal human capabilities! In fact, Batman had fought with many ninjutsu masters, and not many could surpass these shadow ninjas in individual strength!

"Where did this little monster come from? He's so powerful..." Batman, while invisible and fighting the shadow ninjas, pondered how to effectively deal with Robert if they were to fight.

"Don't even think about running away!" Robert, as if sensing Batman's gaze, spoke leisurely, "These guys didn't come because of me, but for the talisman your companion has. As long as you hold onto it, they'll keep chasing you. Of course, I will too..."

"Should we just hand over this talisman?" Hearing Robert's words, Catwoman, who was cooperating seamlessly with Batman, suggested in a low voice as she looked at the seemingly endless shadow ninjas around them.

"It's useless to hand it over now. If we do, we'll become visible, and these shadow ninjas will still attack us. Besides, we can't necessarily trust his words!" Batman's deep, raspy voice resonated in Catwoman's ear.

"But it seems like these ninjas are endless, and they don't seem to be normal living beings..." Catwoman, puzzled under her mask, didn't quite understand how her simple theft of a diamond had led to such big trouble.

"No power is infinite. Even if these ninjas aren't living beings, they must have limits. And if we really can't eliminate them, the one who should be anxious isn't us!" Batman shook his head, reducing his attack frequency to conserve energy.

If Batman hadn't realized that the shadow ninjas could somewhat track him and Catwoman even while invisible, he would have already left.

What Batman didn't know was that Robert wasn't in a hurry at all. For him, these shadow ninjas were just moving targets, eliminating them didn't require much energy or effort, and it was even a good opportunity to practice how to kill the most enemies with the least amount of power and energy...

But while Robert was not in a hurry, some people behind the scenes were becoming anxious. With a large number of shadow ninjas dead and little progress in obtaining the snake talisman, not only was Garon restless, but the Grandmaster was also having a hard time keeping calm. If he wasn't sealed to the wall, he would have already burst out to take action himself! "Hmm? Wait! There's another talisman nearby? Draw them over there and see if we can disrupt the battle!" The anxious Grandmaster suddenly sensed a newly awakened power, a power he was once very familiar with. His eyes lit up as he quickly issued an order.

Following the Grandmaster's command, the shadow ninjas subtly shifted the battlefield. Meanwhile, a block away from the battlefield, in a single-family home, a young man named Johnny Storm excitedly looked at his palm, from which a flame was rising. In his other hand, he held a talisman with a dragon-shaped imprint!

Johnny had accidentally obtained the Dragon Talisman a few days ago and hadn't taken it seriously at first. But tonight, as he was preparing to sleep, he suddenly noticed the Dragon Talisman emitting a faint glow.

When Johnny picked up the Dragon Talisman, a burning energy merged into him, and he discovered he had the ability to create flames, which even contained explosive power! "Hmm? What's this? Wanda?" While Johnny was immersed in the joy of gaining superpowers, he saw several shadows approaching his house from the corner of his eye. Before he could see clearly who they were, a flurry of ninja darts was thrown at him.

"Crack!"

"Crack!"

The windows of the Storm house shattered instantly. If Johnny hadn't dodged in time, he would have been peppered with shards along with the window glass.

"Johnny! What are you doing?" Johnny's sister, Susan Storm, hearing the noise and thinking her brother was up to his usual antics in the middle of the night, loudly questioned him.

"Susan! Don't come out! There are monsters!" Johnny, hearing Susan, came back to his senses. Seeing the shadow ninjas rushing towards his room, he instinctively shouted, then suddenly realized something, looking at the Dragon Talisman in his hand, "Hmm? Wait, so what if there are monsters? I have superpowers now, and I'm not afraid to fight monsters!"

With this thought, Johnny no longer panicked and threw a ball of explosive fire at the shadow ninjas trying to enter through the window.

"Boom!" The window, already missing its glass, was now completely destroyed, but fortunately, the explosion also successfully turned the incoming shadow ninjas to ash.

Johnny didn't stop there, as more shadow ninjas approached their house's window. He threw one explosive fireball after another, scattering the ninjas.

"Monsters? What are you talking about? OMG! Johnny, what are you doing?" Susan, woken up by the loud noise and hearing Johnny's unreliable explanation, instinctively came to check and saw her brother Johnny throwing explosive fireballs with his bare hands.

At that moment, Susan wondered if she was still dreaming...

"Susan, hide... Wanda?!" Johnny shouted without looking back, fully focused on throwing fireballs at the shadow ninjas, and was startled to see Robert flying in the air, "A flying person?!"

Thinking Robert was with the shadow ninjas, Johnny instinctively threw an explosive fireball at Robert in mid-air.

6