Chapter 3
162 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You have been Invited to the Party; Iridescent Shields, Accept Invite? Y/N

Clicking yes, a new menu opened before me, one listing all the names of my party members.

Party Members:
Selene Whitefoot
Gaia Violetpaw
Azure Blueson
Ruby Core
Verde Fullgrowth
Sunny Yellow
Bea

Closing the menu, I looked towards Selene with a smirk, as she led me to a table with four very unorthodox species all chatting together. There was a Catkin, a Human, a Ruby Golem, An Elf, and a Demon, and now there was a Sea bunny.

"Selene, I noticed you added a new member to the party, is this Bea?"

"Yes Azure, She's Bea, She'll need to come up with a last name, but she's a Jarunne Astra, So our streak of inviting only different species isn't broken."

"Well Bea, Every member of the Party has a name relating to a color, except Sunny who's last name is a color but what will yours be?"

Thinking about it, I eventually decided my new last name, since my old one wasn't going to cut it.

"I'm Bea Voidheart, The Jarunne Astra. I'm glad to be on your team."

***

"Verde, I need healing!"

"Right away Selene."

"Providing Cover fire, We're nearly done!"

My new party was busy fighting a Wyvern that got too close to the city, and while The others seemed to be okay, I was struggling to keep up, only able to provide ranged fire using my Magi-gun, a gun that uses my mana to form bullets. It looked like an assault rifle, but in fact was much simpler since it didn't have as many moving parts.

Charging my bullets with Eldritch Mana, I watched as the flesh of the wyvern was slowly eaten away, only for Selene to end the battle by cutting off the wyvern's head.

<Ding! You have defeated a Greater Storm Wyvern Lv. 36 with the help of a party, EXP decreased accordingly, Level Up to Lv. 10 Evolution possible.>

"Ha... Ha... Everyone, I can evolve!"

"Congrats Bea!"

"Yeah, just make sure you choose wisely, don't want to be stuck as a mediocre race like Azure."

"Hey, High Human is better for magic casting, that unique option was better for direct combat, I'm a mage not a knight."

"Alright enough picking on Azure, she's got enough going for her. Bea, as Party Leader, I order you to pick a good evolution."

"Yes Ma'am!"

Opening the evolution menu, I looked at my options and made Pixel make my options display extra info by default. all my options leaned into the eldritch and space theme but these three were the best.

Evolution Options:
Jarunne Cosmos: A powerful space mage, the Jarunne Cosmos is said to be capable of teleporting whole structures at higher levels.
Greater Jarunne Astra: The Higher form of the normal Jarunne Astra, they have more powerful magic and a direct like to humanity.
Jarunne Terrificus: Leaning into their eldritch nature, They mature and develop a taste for chaos and fear, most are shunned by humanity, but some are capable of channeling their destructive nature into helpful actions.

"Jarunne Terrificus, That's what I choose."

<Okay, Beginning evolution...>

As the cocoon wrapped around me, it shifted from white to black as a few system notifications and errors appeared.

<Active Skill Eldritch Maw has become Chaos Maw, Passive Skill Unknowable has been unsealed, Error, cannot evolve into Jarunne Terrificus, generating a new evolution tree. New Evolution Path for Jarunne Astra Created, Evolving into Spawn of Chaos, Active Skill Chaos Maw has evolved into Queen of Gluttony Beelzebub, Passive skill Unknowable has evolved into Queen of Secrets Raum, Eldritch Magic has become Chaos Magic, All Stat based skills have been absorbed into Racial Skill Demi-Goddess, Toxic Spikes have evolved into Venom Magic, All Racial Skills have been Absorbed into Racial Skill Demi-Goddess. Evolution into Spawn of Chaos complete.>

Breaking from the cocoon, my body was much more developed, with my Rhinophores becoming hard and horn-like and 7 eldritch maws sprouting from where my external gills were. My face was much more mature looking and I was now taller than the average human by a foot exactly, still shorter than Selene however. My oversized hoodie was now just barely too big for me, and I was wearing a skirt and combat boots with it.

Opening my eyes, They glowed a gentle violet as I felt my mind fill with all sorts of new information, like how to use my 'Tails' as my instincts called them, how to use my magic, and even how to act in front of humans. All this info and more was directly injected into my mind, and while I wasn't overwhelmed, I could help but feel some shock at this evolution.

Each of the 'Tails' had a mind of their own that, while primitive, was capable of acting independent of me, and if a tail was cut off? Well then it will regenerate into a perfect copy of my previous evolution stage. Scratching the chin of one of them, I looked at the others before walking towards the city, I would explain it to them on the way.

*** 

"So you mean to tell me that your evolution changed from Jarunne Terrificus, to Spawn of Chaos?"

"Yep!"

Selene and the others just looked at me with a bizarre look before giving up trying to understand my actions. I just cutely put my hand on my head and tried to act innocent.

"Ehe Bleh."

5