Chapter 29-An epic clash of strength
14 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I thought that you wanted me to eliminate him. What's the problem now?” asked Kodon. 

“The plan has changed. Killing him now won't be profitable in the long run. That vampire named Jin will have to be the one to do it” replied Nyx.

Kodon trusted her so he didn't argue any further. He calmed down and proceeded to walk away.

“The true purpose of the Trials of Veridonia was to see how prepared we were for the battle against the Nethergrim Abyss, the domain of the demons. After watching things unfold so far I can definitely see an outcome where you all emerge victorious” said Nyx.

As Kodon moved back to the sky island, Nyx took Agalon and disappeared into the shadows. While all of this was happening, the Trials of Veridonia continued. Talia was holding off Kuma while Kael regained his strength. Talia understood that having Kael regain too much of strength would make it difficult for her to eliminate him but she had to take that risk. Kuma used Group 1, Infinite slashes to send out multiple slashes.

Kael used his tails to protect himself and Talia from the slashes while he meditated. He could feel his strength slowly returning. Kuma used Group 3, Samba swordplay to use complicated rebound strikes. The sword almost slashed Talia but Kael used his tail to deflect the attack. Kuma then used the rebound to land a slash behind Talia. Blood began pouring out of Talia.

Talia sent chunks of the ground flying at Kuma. He easily slashed them all. Talia used that as a distraction to close the gap between them and kick Kuma back. As Kuma went flying back from the impact she raised the ground to create a maze. Kuma couldn't tell where they were. He decided to just use Group 1, Infinite slashes to cut through everything. 

While he was distracted Talia landed a knee strike to the back of his neck. As he fell to his knees she stomped his head into the ground. She kicked his sword away and started punching him while he was down. She was convinced of her victory, but that's when Kuma used Group 3, Samba swordplay to connect the sword to him and he pulled the sword in. The sword pierced Talia's chest!

As Talia coughed blood, Kuma hit her with the hilt of his sword. He was going for the finishing blow but that's when Kael appeared and hit him with a double palm strike that sent him flying through multiple boulders.

“I think I've regained enough energy to deal with this guy. It's only 40% of my full energy though so I'll need you to support me from a distance” said Kael as he healed Talia's wounds.

When a participant is knocked out they are teleported to the nearby medical facility to receive medical treatment. Many of the eliminated participants had regained consciousness. 

“You did your best Jin. I know that the kingdom of Alzordia is proud” said Maven.

“Yeah, whatever. I'm going to go take a walk” replied Jin.

As he took a walk outside he felt the presence of something incredibly powerful.

It was Nyx. She circled Jin.

“You have a lot of potential. I don't think you even understand how powerful you can become” said Nyx.

“Who are you?” asked Jin.

“Let's just say that if you want to understand your true strength then you should follow me. You can call me Nyx” said Nyx as she opened a portal and entered it.

Jin wasn't sure of whether he should follow her or not, but he could already tell that she was strong so he decided to follow her into the portal. 

Meanwhile, the battle between Kael and Kuma continued. Kael kicked Kuma's face and Kuma flipped over from the impact. Kael then whacked him away using his tail. Kuma stabbed his sword into the ground to help him regain his balance. He then used Group 2, Unrelenting slash to try and deliver a slash to Kael but he blocked using his tails.

This created an opening for Talia to hit Kuma's face with an elbow strike. Kuma tried to use his sword but Kael held on using his tails. Kuma let go of the sword and tried to fight Talia using his fists but he was no match for her martial arts skills. He tried to punch her but she blocked and pulled him into a headbutt. He staggered from the impact but she stepped on his foot to prevent him from running away.

She then proceeded to rapidly punch his face. He endured the punches because as she was punching him he was using Group 3, Samba swordplay to slowly move the sword until he could quickly jerk it away without Kael being able to hold it. That's exactly what he did when she was going to punch his exposed neck. He pulled the sword back and it rebounded off the floor and penetrated her lungs. He then pushed her away and grabbed his sword.

He was going for the finishing blow but Kael stopped him using his tails. Two tails held his arms and two tails held his legs. Kael then hit Kuma's stomach with multiple double punches and then pulled him in for a double palm strike that sent him flying back. As he flew back Kael moved behind him and blasted him with fire.

“I should have around 60% of my full power now so I should be able to use all of my techniques. This fight is over” said Kael as he healed Talia.

“Damn it. Then I'll just have to string all my groups of attacks together. It'll use a crazy amount of energy but you won't be able to hold out at 60% of your full power” replied Kuma.

“Talia, your affinity changes based on the environment. I'll surround you with four elements. Use them to support me while I deal with Kuma. I'll deal with him before he uses his strongest attack” said Kael.

Talia nodded in agreement.

Kael placed four orbs around Talia. A fire orb, a water orb, a wind orb and an earth orb. He then charged at Kuma. Kuma began stringing his groups of slashes together. He used Group 1, Infinite Slashes to send slashes throughout the area. Kael blocked using his tails but Kuma transposed into Group 2 Unrelenting Slash to try and cut through Kael's tails.

It didn't cut through his tails but it sent him flying back. Kuma then used Group 4 Affinity slash to copy the affinity of Kael's tails and cut through it. That's when Talia sent a wave of water at Kuma. He was sent flying back. Talia then began spamming blasts of multiple affinities to prevent Kuma from using Group 4, affinity slash to adapt. This then created an opening for Kael to uppercut Kuma.

As Kuma fell, Kael began combining the affinities of the four elements. That's when Azazel appeared and caught Kuma. 

“Looks like you were losing. Luckily I saved you” said Azazel.

Kuma walked away from Azazel and said, “This is embarrassing. As a swordsman I can’t take this any longer.”

He then looked at Kael.

“Hit me with your strongest attack and I will do the same. The winner will be decided by who survives the next attack. No interference” said Kuma.

Kael sent out the blast that combined the affinity of the four elements and Kuma used Group 5, Sky Clear slash. Their strongest attacks met each other and the impact shook the entire sky island. Kael and Kuma pushed even further, aiming to go beyond their limits. That's when Kuma wasn't able to keep up and Kael blasted him away. Kuma fell to the ground severely injured and unconscious.

With Kuma eliminated, 5 participants remained. 

“I guess I'll have to get serious,” said Azazel as he prepared to fight Kael and Talia.

1