Chapter 36-Final Battle! The winner is decided.
3 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kael and Raylon circled each other. They knew that they didn't have much time left due to the poison in their system. Raylon hit Kael with a shoulder tackle that knocked him down but he immediately jumped back up and hit his face with a jumping knee strike.

As Raylon staggered back from the impact he tried to hit him with a spinning kick but Raylon ducked underneath the kick. He then punched the side of Kael's ribs and then he hit him with a lariat. Kael spun in the air from the impact. Raylon grabbed and hit him with a piledriver, spiking his head into the ground.

Kael was rattled but this was far from over. He pushed Raylon away with his legs and then he punched him. Raylon got back up but Kael punched him again. As Raylon got back up he used a feint kick to get Raylon to block his face but he kicked his leg to bring him down to one knee. Kael then kicked his face but Raylon didn't go down.

Kael jumped into the air and kicked the back of Raylon's neck. As he fell to the ground, Kael picked him up and powerbombed him back into the ground. He was going to pick him up to do it again but Raylon slipped out of his grasp and slammed his head into the ground.

Raylon then stomped Kael's head into the ground. He knew that it wouldn't be enough so he jumped off of a tree to gain more momentum and he hit Kael with a crescent kick. Kael pushed himself back onto his feet using his energy based tails but it left him open to attack. Raylon focused energy into his fist and was about to punch him, but that's when he summoned his two swords.

“Reflection” said Kael as he blocked using one of his swords. The attack was reflected at Raylon and he was sent flying back. One sword attacks viciously on its own and the other can reflect any damage it receives.

“Nice swords, but it'll take more than that to beat me,” said Raylon.

“Let’s see. Don't disappoint me.” replied Kael.

Raylon tried to blast Kael with fire but he countered by sending out a blast of fire as well. Raylon used the smoke created from that exchange to move out of his sight. He then appeared behind him and tried to land an uppercut but the sword that attacks on its own slashed him. As he fell to the ground, Kael kicked him up and then hit him with a hammerfist to send him back into the ground. 

The sword that attacks on its own began slashing at Raylon violently. Even though he was blocking, the slashes were causing blood loss. He saw an opening and grabbed the hilt of the sword and threw it away. He tried to kick Kael but he blocked using his sword and reflected the impact. As Raylon went flying back, the sword that attacks on its own returned and began slashing at him again.

Raylon combined the affinity of electricity with himself to increase his speed. He dodged all the slashes and threw the sword away once again. He then closed the distance between himself and Kael using his incredible speed and landed a punch that sent Kael through multiple trees. 

Raylon then followed by evading the sword of reflection and using an arm drag to toss him into the ground. He then stomped on his hand, causing him to release the sword. Thereafter he began punching him rapidly. Kael struggled to keep up with Raylon's speed so he moved the ground underneath then to separate himself from Kael. He then began throwing large slabs of the ground at Raylon.

Raylon swiftly evaded all the projectiles thrown on him and uppercutted Kael. He followed up by repeatedly punching him mid-air. He then grabbed his arm and threw him into a nearby hill. He then tackled him through the hill and continued to overwhelm him with a barrage of strikes. That's when Raylon heavily felt the effects of the poison and started to cough out blood. This allowed Kael to kick him away. 

“Looks like the poison is interfering. I'm starting to feel weaker as well. My limbs are starting to become numb. Looks like we'll have to give the next round everything we got as it might be our last” said Kael as he dematerialised his swords. 

“I agree. I guess we should be lucky Azazel didn't hit us with a heavier dose of poison” relied Raylon.

Kael sent out a wind orb that started to form a tornado. Raylon moved around it fast enough to dissipate the tornado before it truly formed. He then hit Kael with a dropkick that sent him tumbling across the area. Kael sent out a violent whirlwind and the intense winds began to cut Raylon's skin. He punched the ground to upset Kael's balance and then he closed the distance between them using his speed. He then hit him with an elbow strike that sent him into what remained of the forest.

Kael decided to use the trees to his advantage. He began bouncing off the trees to conceal his location and pick up speed. While doing so he began blasting Raylon with fire. Raylon countered by sending out blasts of fire as well. While this was happening, Kael flooded the area with water. 

Kael then sent a massive chunk of the ground at Raylon. He evaded it but Kael made it explode and the debris knocked Raylon back. He then used the water to disrupt his movements, allowing him to land a spinning kick that sent him flying back. Kael then created a massive tornado and sent it towards Raylon. The tornado engulfed Raylon!

Kael then began charging his affinity fusion blast. Raylon struggled to make out of the tornado while he was in it. The tornado thrashed him against all the debris and remnants of the sky island. This sensation reminded Raylon of the feeling of turning into his demon form. As he changed into his demon form he remembered how valiantly everyone fought in the Trials of Veridonia.

Raylon was finally able to use affinity of fire and elevation in his demon form. He made it through the tornado with a burst of speed after combining the affinity of electricity with himself. He then almost instantaneously reached Kael.

Kael was about to hit him with the affinity fusion blast but Raylon hit him with a plasma blast. It penetrated Kael. He fell down to one knee as he coughed out blood. Due to exhaustion, Raylon returned to his normal form. That's when Kael sent out the affinity fusion blast! It was severely weakened but it could knock out Raylon in his current state.

Raylon attempted to dodge but the poison caught up with him. He was severely fatigued and the affinity fusion blast hit him. The impact wasn't too large as it wasn't at full power but dust filled the area. Everyone looked on in anticipation to see the results of the attack. When the dust cleared, it was revealed that Raylon was unconscious. Kael was the winner!

The crowd cheered and applauded the result. The Trials of Veridonia were finally over. Nyx watched from the shadows and applauded silently.

“Impressive. I wonder how many of them will survive the battles ahead. Regardless, I've got my own plans to attend to” said Nyx.

1