Chapter 37-Aftermath
3 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to Kael's victory, the kingdom of Sadhala was generously rewarded. They were also allowed to occupy some land near each of the other kingdoms that participated.

“I can't believe you lost to a member of that crooked kingdom of Sadhala. We'll have to keep a close eye on them” said Avawrath.

“Take it easy on him. He just woke up. Besides, he lasted longer than both of us” said Taya. Avawrath just ignored her and walked away.

“I'm glad to see you're okay Raylon. I heard that you were impressive. I apologise for my late arrival. I had to take care of an important matter. Let me explain” said Saraya as she walked into the room.

A while back, princess Ravenna from the kingdom of Alzordia was stabbed with a divine blade and she's now in an eternal slumber. Saraya decided to investigate this and this led her to the kingdom of Saharis. It was a sky island that was full of sand. The ruler was known as Astaroth, the deity of knowledge. Despite having knowledge about nearly everything in existence he was quite immature.

Saraya visited him to ask him about what happened to princess Ravenna.

“It's always a pleasure to see the beauty of an elf such as yourself. Your figure remains stunning as ever” said Astaroth.

“Thanks. You know why I'm here already since you know everything. How do I save Ravenna?” asked Saraya.

“I wish you weren't always so straightforward. Regardless, it was a member of an organisation known as Lycanthrope. They're a group of werewolves that seek to combine their power with vampires to become the perfect hybrid” replied Astaroth.

Saraya thanked him and asked for their location but Astaroth refused to help her any further.

“The issue is not them, it's who they serve. I'm unable to obtain knowledge of him. He's from the continent Ithilin that remains on the surface. He's established relations with Lycanthrope to help him to export and import goods. If he's powerful enough to block my omniscient powers then he could prove to be challenging. As for Ravenna, you'll have to transfer her soul to another body or defeat the one that stabbed her with the divine blade as he used a powerful dark magic spell” replied Astaroth.

“Very well then, I'll eliminate the Lycanthrope then I'll head to Ithilin with a small group” said Saraya. Astaroth knew it would be pointless to stop her so he let her go.

Saraya created an invisible barrier that identified life forms in the kingdom. After a moment, she sensed that Lycanthrope was located in the mines. She charged into it and saw that it was swarming with werewolves. They all transformed into their werewolf form and attempted to attack her.

She sent out a punch so powerful that it compressed the air and sent them flying back. One tried to slash her but she blocked it's attack and broke its arm by smashing it's elbow with her first. Two tried to pounce on her but she moved so fast that she moved behind them before they could blink. She then slammed both of their heads into the ground.

They tried to overwhelm her but she stomped the ground and the impact caused a minor earthquake that took them off balance. She punched one so hard that it was knocked out. She chopped the back of another one's neck and it was knocked out. She then kicked the remaining ones and the impact sent them flying away. All this commotion alerted the leader of the pack.

“I am Horza, the leader of this pack. You are a formidable foe but an elf is just good at shooting arrows. You shouldn't be able to overpower me” he said.

Saraya smiled menacingly after hearing his comments. She stood there as he tried to punch her but she stopped his punch with her finger. She then picked him up by his neck and slammed him into the ground. The other werewolves were shocked to see their leader be knocked down so easily.

Horza tried to bite Saraya but she grabbed his mouth with one hand and crushed it. He felt his teeth shatter from the impact. She then kicked him away and pulled him back for another kick. Thereafter she grabbed his tail and used it to swing him around viciously. She smashed him into all the nearby objects and threw him up into the air. When he fell back to the ground he begged for mercy.

“Who is your master?” asked Saraya. Before he could respond his body was possessed!

“You will not receive any answers. The master will come for you. Soon, you will join us. Come to Ithilin. Come to your destiny” it said. Horza’s head then exploded. 

[Present day]

“That's what happened. We're going to depart to Ithilin when you recover. Taya, you and Avawrath will be coming as well. We'll also be accompanied by the person that teleported the injured away during the Trials of Veridonia. Her teleportation abilities may come in handy” said Saraya.

Taya and Raylon nodded in agreement. While their journey to the continent of Ithilin was beginning, danger already awaited them.

“Deity of lightning, take care of the intruders as soon as they enter” said a figure that was engulfed in shadows. 

A new journey begins! 

Next time, the liberation of Ithilin arc begins.

1