Prologue: Another World
656 14 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man was in front of a gaming PC playing some kind of game with fervor.

He was going at it like his life depends on it.

“Damn, this boss is hard! How am to supposed to clear? If only I have an SS-rank Valkyrie”

He grumbled, “I really need to farm some crystals now”.

He then proceeded to play for another 4 hours before stopping.

“300 crystals… this is enough for now. I’ll just farm again tomorrow”

Satisfied with his supposed earnings, he turned off his PC and went to the kitchen.

“Hmm… now, what to eat… Let’s just go with Pizza”

He picked up his phone and ordered a 9-inch Peperoni Pizza for himself.

After filling up his stomach, he just laid back on the couch. He pondered what he should do next.

“Should I go jogging? But still, I should just play Honkai again. I need to amass crystals for the upcoming event”

He then went back to his room and played once again. He just continued playing until night.

“There, that’s enough for today” he stopped after his crystals reached 700.

“It’s already night? How long was I playing? I should hit the bed”

He just went straight to his bed and slept.

After a while, he woke up. He was shocked to find that his not in his room, but rather, in a pure white space.

“Where the hell is this?” he thought. “Maybe I’m still dreaming” he then pinched his cheeks and felt a little pain.

“Maybe this is a lucid dream?” he was again thought. He tried many things, from manifesting sword, shouting some weird lines like ‘Gates of Babylon!’ just to end up with nothing but silence.

“Did I get sucked on a dimensional rift or something? This is too realistic for a dream” he mumbled

“Correct” said a voice out of nowhere. “Woah!” he yelped. He saw an old man wearing what looked like a robe, “Who are you? Wait, you’re an ROB, right” he said. “Ah, Random Omnipotent Being, haven’t heard that word for a while.

He looked at the old man, not knowing what to say. “You’re wondering how you ended up here, didn’t you?”

The young man nodded. “Truth to be told, even I don’t know” shrugged the old man. “I just noticed another presence in the void except mine, so I checked it out and now we’re here” the old man added.

“Can I go back to my old world?” the young man asked.  “Sadly, no. You travelled too far in the void that even if you know where to go, it would take too long to go back even with my help” the old man pondered for a while and said “and also, your physical body doesn’t exist anymore. So even if you somehow managed to go back, you’ll just enter the cycle of reincarnation almost immediately” he added.

The young man was speechless after the infodump that was thrown to him like a curved ball. He was what you would call a shut-in on his previous world. He just survives by getting donations from his livestreams and some income by cryptocurrency. His family has already disowned him saying that his ‘useless’ so he doesn’t really have any attachment to that world except his game.

“So, do I just… you know… die?” asked the young man. “Well, if you will so then yes. But seeing that your character is a little bit interesting, I will help you reincarnate to another world,” said the ROB. The young man was visibly excited on hearing the word ‘reincarnation’. He had read too many novels and manga to know what the entails.

“Yes please!” the young man shouted. The ROB was amused by this reaction “now, seeing that your culture has those things called ‘system’ when someone was in the same situation as you, I will give you one. But to make it more interesting, you will play a roulette to determine the type of system you will have,” said the old man.

The young man was shaken, as his luck isn’t really good. But seeing that he has a chance, he went with what the old man said. “Good, now, spin the roulette” the ROB pointed to a roulette that appeared out of nowhere. In the roulette, there was words like, ‘Gamer System’, ‘Unlimited Money System’, ‘Pervert System’, ‘Simulation System’ and many more. The you man was exalted when he saw the types of system he might get.

He was familiar with most of the as they appeared with the works the he read. He then put his hand to the edge of the wheel and gave it a strong swing to make it spin. It spun for a few seconds before ultimately landing on a black tile, inside the tile were the words ‘Dimensional Chat Group’. The young man did a ‘guts’ pose before facing the ROB who gave him this.

“Oh, a Chat Group System. You have good luck” the old man said. “The thing that you will get is based on the works from your previous world. So, choose your world now” he added. The young man thought on what world would he reincarnate as he knew so many interesting worlds from his gaming and reading hobby.

Finally, he faced the old man and said “please reincarnate me to the world of Honkai Impact 3”. The old man nodded and went for the reincarnation process. He then said “I will give you a 15 years-old body, and you will be 1 year away from ‘canon’. Good luck”

The young man nodded and thanked the old man. He was then engulfed by a blinding light and disappeared from the void. The old man too disappeared as if he did not exist.

In a spacious room, a blinding light soaked the surroundings. The young man appeared and instantly said “System!”

[Ding, Dimensional Chat Group is Online]

[Hello, Host]

 The young man was ecstatic hearing the neutral voice in his mind. He then explored the functions of the system and found three functions [CHAT], [STATUS], [INVENTORY], [GACHA] and [SIGN-IN]. The [CHAT] and the [INVENTORY] page was self-explanatory,  [STATUS] page showed his current parameters, [GACHA] is, well, Gacha, and then there was the [SIGN-IN] feature.

He can only sign-in once a day and he will get a random amount of point ranging from 1-100. Also, he can get a ‘special’ sign-in if he interacts with important characters, like the protagonists from each world. He then saw a notification asking if he wants to sign-in. He was happy seeing these and immediately signed-in

[Sign-In completed. Host got 60 points]

He was happy with the reward and opened his [STATUS] panel.

[STATUS

NAME: Asamiya Ren

AGE: 15

TITLE: Traveler, Owner of the Dimensional Chatgroup

SKILLS: NONE

POINTS: 60]

He looked at the descriptions of the titles that he had. The second title aside, he only has a vague idea about the first title.

[Traveler

Rank: EX

Description: Given to those who have traversed dimensions. The owner of the title is granted Super-fast growth and the owner would also be perceived as ‘good’ by the will of the world the owner visits, Consequently, the owner is also given freedom and great luck because of the favor of the world’s will]

The effect of the title was very good, especially the second effect.  Considering that he got ‘freedom’ from the will of the world, he can do almost anything that he wants, except for things that is harmful for the world. This alone give the title a five-star rating, and then there’s also a supposed ‘exp’ and luck boost. Maybe now, he wouldn’t lose the 50-50 anymore.

After checking his Status, Ren did not waste any time and opened the Dimensional Chatgroup

22