Chapter 2 – My first kill…
285 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

'Ouch,' I muttered to myself after waking up from such horrific pain. The pain isn't gone but it also isn't as bad. 

Calling out my status, I looked at the differences. The mutations I purchased were on there. Now it was time to see how well they work.

Looking at my surroundings, I realized the last thing I did before I passed out was jumping into a bush. I was currently on a branch, low to the ground, realizing that I'm a very bad at jumping.

Crawling to the ground, I look at my once dull claws. 'They weren't black before,' I tell my self. Last time, my claws were white. They were rather puny looking claws. Now looking at my claws, I see that they are black and look way sharper than my original claws. 

Testing my claws against a root, I felt them sink easily through the roots like butter against a hot knife.

Rather excited, I run around my bush and pass a a couple trees into an open field. Time to find some prey, 'Hehehe.'

Looking around the field, I notice movement in the grass. Crawling towards the spot where I saw movement, I got ready to attack.

Seeing a little nose pop out of the grass, I crouch as low as possible so it didn't see me. 

Getting ready to strike at the creature, I slowly crawled forward. 'Status, what kind of creature is that?'

'That right there is a Regular Purple Mouse.'

Oh, that doesn't sound so bad. Sneaking behind the purple mouse, I sprint towards it and shove my claws into the purple mouse. Feeling my claws sink easily through its furred skin, I let out a grunt in satisfaction. 

"SQUUUUUEEEEAAAAAKKKK" Cried the now dead mouse. 

'You have gained 3 Mutation Points and 8 Life Force for killing a Regular Purple Mouse'

Congratulating myself, I start eating the dead mouse. It kinda taste like lettuce... 

'You have consumed 15 meat'

That wasn't so hard, I feel like I could easily rank up in the next Tier if I just keep hunting them. I should also see what's after Newborn.

'Status, show me whats after Newborn.'

Newborn - 0 Life Force

Juvenile - 100 Life Force

Young Adult - 300 Life Force

Adult - 500 Life Force

Elder - 1000 Life Force

Alright, that doesn't seem so bad. I just need to kill more of those purple mice. 

'Status'

Name - Inigo
Species - Lizard (Weak)
Newborn - ⅕ (8/100 Life Force)
Tier - 0 (15/100 Meat)
Stats - 0
Strength - 3
Constitution - 5
Soul - 10
Mutation Points - 5
Current Mutations - (Common) Sharpened Claws*, (Common) Dull Teeth, (Uncommon) Hardened Scales, (Rare) Regeneration Blood, (Uncommon) Night Vision Eyes

I should probably get Poisonous Teeth; now that I can afford it. After finding a huge rock to hide under, I purchase Poisonous Teeth. 

'Countdown 10...9'

Taking a deep breath, I slowly close my eyes and wait for the pain to come.

"SCRAAAIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSST," I don't know what kind of scream that was, but I couldn't really think about it after I passed out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mentally groaning, I struggled to open my eyes. That pain was unexpected, even though it was expected. It was like going to the Dentist to get all your teeth removed then replace them with new and minty teeth. Slowly moving my jaw, I got out under my rock and looked around. 

It was currently night, which means I should probably go back to sleep. But for some reason, I didn't feel tired. My Night Vision Eyes Mutation turned out to be very useful, since now I can see through the dark as if it wasn't there. The only reason I could tell it was night was by looking at the sky and seeing stars. I didn't see a moon though...which was unusual. 

After thinking for a little bit, I decided to go hunting some more. My goal for tonight is to get to Juvenile and Tier 1. I don't like feeling so small so it would be nice to grow in size. 

Looking around, I decided to head towards a forest that was a couple of yards away...

 

Entering the forest, I sniffed for any smells and started the hunt.

 

11