I alone rule
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rebecca's advisor hopped into his sleek black Toyota and drove away from the clean yet deserted New York City. It still had a peculiar glow, radiating with an enchanting aura. Occasionally, the factory workers were compelled to keep it clean.

The car came to a stop beside the toll gate, separating the vibrant part of the city from the neglected area left to decay in WW5.

A tall man near the gate gestured the advisor towards a parking spot. "Why don't you use your words?" he grumbled while parking his car. A bodyguard in blue attire stood there ready to receive payment for watching over the car. The advisor flashed a smile at the man and handed him a twenty-dollar bill. The man sniffed the money and remarked, "The horses are at the far right of the gate" The advisor expressed his gratitude and began to walk away.

"Also..." he added, "Just so you know, there are no signals outside. Technology is scarce."

"Thanks."

"And one more thing."

The advisor's eyes darkened.

"What is it?"

The man trembled in fear. "I just wanted to wish you safe travels."

The advisor composed himself. "Apologies, sir. It's been a stressful day, that's all."

He left the parking lot and climbed onto his carriage. Neatly placing his laptop at the back, he urged the horse to move. However, it remained motionless. He tried again and again, but it seemed indifferent to its master's commands. Frustrated, he kicked the horse forcefully. It glared at him as he sat down. "Are you defying me?" he muttered, preparing for another kick.

But before he could strike, a lady intervened. She was dressed in old English attire, resembling an explorer. Her sturdy boots contrasted beautifully with her blue eyes and wavy blond hair tied in a ponytail.

"You can't just kick the poor thing. You have to be gentle," she said, leaning over the horse and whispering something. The horse stood up, and she rewarded it with a gentle kiss.

"Oh, good girl."

"You've got to be kidding me," he muttered under his breath. "I apologize, you're right. I was just in a hurry." The horse and the woman stared at him in disbelief. "Don't you dare give me that glare," he thought, shrinking under their piercing gaze.

"Are you heading to the Capital City of Thaw?" the woman inquired. "Sorry, that's private business," he replied. The women simply eyeing him up and down before entering the carriage. "Ah, you're one of those officials," she remarked, grabbing his laptop.

"Please, let go." She simply stared. "You abuse your power over others and expect me to act subservient." She mounted his horse and declared, "I'm Philomena, taking this rare artifact." Blowing him a kiss, she rode away with his steed. Enraged, he muttered, "I should have known; no one cares about these mules. She's just a thief," kicking the wagon in anger and noticing a note. Philomena had left a message: "Meet me in Thaw's capital city at the town square. 12 pm on March 23rd."

He let out a fierce scream, determined to make her suffer as he has. Needing a ride, he explained the situation to the man at the toll gate, who was uninterested. "Were can I get another mule?" he pleaded. After a moment of thought, the man suggested, "You are out of luck unless you are willing to share."

"Anything," he begged.

"Alright then."

The man made a call and arranged for a wealthy woman and her son, who was suppose to be 17, to provide transportation. "You'll be their bodyguard and teach the boy to use his powers," he was told. Frustrated, he muttered about rich kids, thanked the man, and headed back to the car, checking his watch. He had a day to reach the capital.

Hours went by, and suddenly a rock jolted him awake. He turned his head into the wind and let out a scream of pain. Startled, he noticed a small boy standing there, barely 17 but looking no older than 10. The kid had fancy gel in his hair and a childish smile that hadn't yet faced reality. "Is this the kid?" he wondered. Curiosity got the best of him, so he opened his car door to get a closer look, only to feel a thud on his head.

A beautiful woman in a long regal dress, adorned with sparkling jewelry, stood before him in the empty parking lot. She stared at him with plump lips and said, "How dare you keep us waiting? We had to ask that awful conductor where you were," she huffed. The advisor's eyes rolled in annoyance. "You two bumped into my head, and yet you expect me to be pleasant," he thought to himself, hiding his frustration. Calmly, he replied, "So sorry, madam, please allow me." He reluctantly carried the brat in his arms, who was wildly kicking and screaming. "Isn't he 17?" he asked.

"It's complicated," she replied, pointing towards her carriage. It was a huge carriage covered in bright red, elegantly displayed but slightly small for someone wealthy. The advisor noticed there was no coachman at the front and asked why. Embarrassed, the lady covered her face with her fan and said, "You'll have to operate it too."

"Great, now I have to take care of a kid with down syndrome and a shady rich woman," he muttered to himself. He placed the "child" in the carriage and helped the lady in, saying, "Okay, let's go."

"Wait, I haven't gotten your name," she said, gazing at the advisor with her captivating eyes. "God, she's hot," he thought. Flustered, he turned around and replied, "It's Link; what's yours?"

"Adonis, and my children are Cain," she answered. "Lovely names," Link said, struggling to hold back laughter. Little did he know, this journey was about to become more eventful than he had anticipated.

0