The sky is red
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Link tilted his head in realization, "How long have you been carrying him/her?"

"Not too sure, actually, a little over 7 months." Is that recent enough? Doesn't matter. Link simply sidestepped her and headed for the exit.

As Link stepped outside, he felt his lungs strain and his eyes filled with splinters. He quickly took cover behind the door. "Wait, you can't just go out." Izzabella walked up to him, holding up a mask in one hand. "The toxic nuclear waste isn't gone yet. You have to wear this." Link snatched the mask without thanking her and prepared to make a sprint. But he asked where the capital was.

"I'm not too sure." You never are. "But I could send a bird out to ask the bishop for a ride." Link frowned. The last thing he wants is for the gardener to harvest another fruit. Link just hopes that no matter what, he can get his laptop back.

In Ariek's wooden house, the two gentlemen, Ariek and Nel, discussed plans while a lady rested her back against the walls. Nel threw a long piece of paper over the wooden table covered by a silk white overlay. The paper was filled with notes. Nel coughed, "Okay, so far Samson only has two weaknesses, the two mothers he thinks will host the 'light of the world' and the safety of his church."

"What about his anger?" Ariek said, rocking his chair. "That's more of a quirk." Nel added, "He can still take down five great soldiers by himself in a fit of rage. But when it comes to his powers..."

"Yeah, that's going to be the hardest part about it. We just don't know enough. All we know is that he can turn people into trees. That hints at him having plant powers." Nel nodded and then looked at the lady, "What do you think, Philomena?"

Philomena stood up straight and strode towards the table, allowing the lantern to illuminate her features, "Finally glad you asked. I say we rush him now. Or at least when the baby is being born."

"And let the baby see blood," Ariek objected.

"Relax, babies don't remember those times."

Ariek's face contorted with annoyance. "Fine, I'll send my snakes to check if they're even capable."

Nel raised an eyebrow. "But why harm those creatures?" he questioned. "Well, Nelly, this guy Castor can only control animals using his sound powers, but he needs to insert a metal rod to make it easier to give them commands. It's quite pitiful for those poor creatures."

"Efficiency is crucial," Ariek added.

"But when babies are involved..." Philomena says.

"Why you—"

"Hold on," Nel interrupted, "He also gets distracted when he's tending to his garden. He'll be doing that tomorrow."

Philomena's eyes widened. "Now that's more like it, straight to the point."

Ariek grinned. "I can definitely agree with that. So it's settled. By this time tomorrow, we'll have Samson's head."

0