If there is such thing as nirvana, eternal bless, would there be enteral despair?
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The earth was contoured and stretched beyond belief. The trees were strapped to the air as they hovered over equally torn pieces of metal and scrape that once made part of the city. Thousands of feet in the air, at the eye of this madness, lay Dreng. His back was pinned to the floating platform of his own creation. His throat was held hostage by Amara's silver rapier. Her pink eyes fade to normal, revealing an icy glare.

"And I thought you would impress me."

Dreng winced yet showed a tiny flicker of a wolfish grin. "I don't need to impress you, fiend." The platform started getting engulfed by thick vines sprouting from the surrounding landscape. Amara cursed and released Dreng, weaving past the overgrown vegetation. One graps her and swings her body off balance.

She dropped her rapier. The lush tendrils tangled her entire structure. Only leaving room for an eye pocket. Though it, Amara saw Dreng shaking Bishop Samson with his scarred hand. What surged through her wasn't hate or despair, but relief that the killing could end. And so the white haired fury can now rest.

A tiny hole was punched in her floral cage. It was Ariek. He whispered, "Listen, we are planning on taking down Samson and need your help." Amara heard desperation in his voice but never the less refused to help. "I don't have the thirst for blood anymore." Ariek winced, then looked around. "Help us kill Samson to stop further bloodshed. We can't take him out ourselves." 

"We," Amara emphasized. "I'll explain later. But first, cover your ears." She did as she was told. He took out a horn. A resounding crash erupted, shattering the buildings and bruising the once sturdy vines circling around them. Dreng stood in shock and stared, following where the boom came from with bloodshot eyes. He murmured something, then fell to the platform, blood spewing out of his eyes. Bishop Samson got rattled too, but it seemed ineffective.

"You took out the wrong person." Amara shouted. Just as warned, the floating structures plummeted to the floor. The vines barley broke Amara and Ariek's fall. In the near distance, Bishop Samson glided to the floor, aided by leafy arms.

"The real fight starts now." Samson declared.

0