Ghost town
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The people mobilized once more. Samson lifted his hand. The surrounding earth lifted them thousands of feet in the air and dropped them down. The groans of corpse rattled the air. Ariek sounded his horn again, but Samson was prepared. He closed the distance with one step and placed a tattoo on him. 

"Fall!"

Ariek's body was pulled to the floor. He screamed in pain. Amara ran her rapier next to Samson's neck and said, "Leaven now."

Ariek shouted, "What are you doing? Move. Kill him." Amara bit her tongue. Her sword wavered. flashes of the innocent people she slayed by the official's orders. She feared blood. "I can't," she admits.

Arieks face flashed a mixture of disappointment and anger. He passed out from the weight. Samson grew a grin. "Good." With one motion, Samson placed eight tattoos on Amara. Her body was sent to the floor. She struggled in agony.

In the wake of her death, she wondered if she had made the right choice. She starts to tear up, remembering the memories of having drinks with Kemuri and Dearan. Telling war stories to Lana. Although she loathed murder, there was this... thrill. She couldn't get enough of it. She was afraid it would rise again after years of suppressing it.

Though gravity hammered on, Amara stood up, and Samson was amused. A sinister pink glow escapes her eyes, and her demeanor changes. 

...break...

A year after being with Dearan, then later Kemuri, Amara told Dearan her powers over Ale. "Well, it's about memory. If I place one tattoo on an object, I get a comprehensive peek into its history. Who touched it, where it went, everything. But this history only stretches as far as the number of tattoos I placed on it. 1 tattoo equals 1 decade, typically." Dearan nods, then points to her weapons. Amara elaborated," You see, if I place the tattoo on it, not only do I get its memories but also the muscle memory used by its wielder. So I basically learned their fighting style. I met this girl once. She had a way to make it seem like she cut off your limb without actually doing it. I had to steal that. Unfortunately, when I do this, I end up getting their personality. So expect me to sound different."

...break...

Amara's new persona flashed a clean cut in Samson's chest. If she can't kill him herself., her "other memories" will. But she knows that her body will give up to gravity. She will die at the end of the battle.

Even with his body in pieces, Samson stood alive. Death seemed to favor him. Amara's persona says, "Amara , it seems this person can't be killed. But I have a propersition..."
The personal lifeted the rapier in the air and tossed it in the distance with all ten tattoos attached. As her eyes fade to normal, the person says, " Maybe she could finish what we couldn't." Amara's body fell to the floor. She could finally rest.

Samson dusted himself up and tried to gain Amara's power by turning her into a tree. It failed. As if she'd lost her powers. Samson grunted, then grabbed a stray blanket from a fallen individual and wore it. In the landscape that had bodies bathed in scarlet, the trees gave it an estaric contrast, Samson thought as he walked back to the now empty city.

0