Chapter 4: Errors and Blood condensation
105 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bearing witness to the naturals strength of the creatures of this world, Ye Hao immediately understood that with his current strength he is naturally at the bottom of the food chain.

As such until his cultivation breaks through to the peak of the body refining period Ye Hao has no choice but to settle on eating insects as his food.

However killing insects are proving to be a struggle even with his bone refining cultivation base.

The insects in question are typically ten times the size of insects from earth. A small centipede from earth would be over a meter long here.

The worst aspect of hunting insects is the fact that some of the insects are poisonous, and Ye Hao who is a foreigner in this world has no way of telling whether an insect is poisonous or not.

Ye Hao was afflicted by poisonous insects more than once however surviving adversaries bring reward and as such, using his heaven-defying comprehension he's figured out a method for expelling poison using the surrounding energy. 

...

A little over a week goes by as Ye Hao continues struggling for his life.

Ye Hao is now at the peak of skin refining and the insects which where originally a struggle are now unable to penetrate his skin.

During this period Ye Hao has been continuously perfecting his cultivation technique and noticed two problems the first problem is that his blood is no longer able to provide enough energy to the rest of his body quick enough. Even if he doesn't practice his cultivation technique his blood is still not capable of supplying nutrients to the rest of his body.

This problem isn't due to Ye Hao not eating enough but rather due to the bloods inability to carry enough nutrients. To counter this Ye Hao has decided to add a minor realm to his present cultivation realms, Blood condensation.

The second problem is that refining a certain aspect of his body one at a time created a certain friction between his body. Prior to his cultivation his body would maintain balance and harmony creating a perfect system which allowed his body to function at maximum efficiency however when he began bone refining his bones became out of touch with the rest of his body and seemingly acquired some semblance of individuality.

Although no problem has arisen yet but if this continues for an extended period of time Ye Hao's body might begin decaying far earlier that he originally expected. 

While he predicts that he will still has a lifespan of around 150-200 years his body might lose function at around 70 years, thus making him no better than a corpse.

The solution Ye Hao came up with is to, once again, create another small realm within his cultivation with the purpose of achieving unity between all aspects of his body, thus the unity realm.

At present Ye Hao's cultivation realms are as follows; Bone Refining, Muscle tempering, Skin tempering, Blood condensation, Organ refining and Unity.

As for the realm beyond Body Refining realm, Ye Hao hasn't thought of it yet.

During this week, Ye Hao has mostly devoted his time to cultivation, hunting, or carving. He has begun carving to accessorize his cave and sustain his mental health.

Ye Hao has come to the conclusion that partaking in a hobby is the best way to keep his mental state from diminishing.

At the moment, his cave no longer looks like a simple cave but rather resembles a cave abode, decorated with a simple wooden table and chair. For his bedding, he simply carved a large block out of wood and placed an array of leaves to make it more comfortable.

Currently, Ye Hao is cultivating in his cave and is on the verge of breaking through to the Blood Condensation realm.

Sitting cross-legged on his makeshift bed, Ye Hao draws in energy from the surroundings and brings it towards his heart. The accumulated energy causes his heart to expand, bringing in an abnormally large amount of blood. The blood that enters his heart is sealed there by a barrier of energy created by the arteries.

Once the blood in his heart accumulates to a certain extent, Ye Hao's breathing changes and the energy which was forcing his heart to remain expanded changes as well. His heart begins to contract, compressing the blood as a result.

When the blood finishes condensing, a slight 'boom' occurs within Ye Hao's body, and the condensed blood begins emitting a blood-red aura. This aura is violent in nature, and once it appears, the energy surrounding it starts to move away as though it were afraid of this newly born blood-red aura.

The birth of this new aura was well within Ye Hao's expectations. Since Ye Hao is unable to cultivate using the energy around him, he will use a new kind of energy instead. Although he is using the spiritual energy around him to temper his body, that is the most he can do as his dantian lacks spiritual roots to truly absorb the energy.

It's akin to using an environment with greater gravity to train the body. In turn, the body, which has trained using the gravity, will become more resistant to it. Under this notion, Ye Hao is using the energy to train his body while also making it more resistant to the energy.

3