Chapter 3: A feathery friend
388 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My walk to school was fairly uneventful, crossing intersections proved quite quick given how few centaur-drawn carriages there were, I'll have to try one of those out later, they seemed cool. I wasn't entirely certain why, but I was actually looking forward to school once, maybe its because since this was my first day it was like, a restart, maybe its because this world didn't seem to have any bloody humans, though I'd have to research that later.  My train of theories was interrupted when I arrived at a very familiar area, one intersection away from the school..it looked almost the exact same as where I had died, I guess this world mimicked my old one in some ways. And then I heard a shout.

Gods please no, I just got into this fucking world, don't have some shitty murder going on! I would look down that damn alleyway and...nothing? Where had that shout come from though? Someone would shout from..above me?

"Look out!"

I looked up just in time to see a bundle of feathers crash down onto me, knocking me into the pavement, fuck that hurt, though a little less then usual, I seemed to be quite durable. I blinked a few times looking up at whoever had landed on me. Fuck she was adorable, a soft, round face with a small nose and large blue eyes, and of course circular glasses that she fixed up, god nerdy girls were always adorable. I felt my face getting hot as I looked over the rest of her, attached to her arms were deep blue feathers, spread out in glorious wings, so she was a harpy. The girl got up off me, starting to apologize profusely, which let me see her legs, they looked exactly like the legs of a bird, almost always bent at the knee and covered in what looked to be scale-like skin, not to mention large sharp talons, with my size she could probably pick me up and carry me off...no stop, no horny thoughts about the cute girl, had to get to school, besides my face was hot enough as is.

"A-are you ok miss? I'm so sorry! I'm new to flying and oh my gosh, you're so red, oh no did I land on a sick person!?"

She began rambling worriedly, godamnit could she stop being so fucking cute for a second?! I was trying to think. And of course that weird bloody tingle returns when she called me miss, I did not have time to be contemplating this shit! I got up, dusting myself up for the second time today, and school hadn't even started, seems I was durable but a magnet for accidents.

"Yeah yeah I'm fuckin' fine, takes more then a birdbrain to knock me down" I chuckled, before mentally facepalming, brilliant, just fucking brilliant, great way to make a first impression, insult them. The girl looked a bit stunned at first before something seemed to click.

"Ohhh, you're that new student right? Your family just moved here didn't they?"

I thought for a moment, yeah no my family did move here, used to live in a sucky tiny ass village..and there it was again, some memories of this world, seemed I was at least lucky enough to know some things, that'd come in handy. I would nod "yeah that's me, so are ya a student too?"

She nodded, stifling a giggle, "yeah I am, I'm Avarie by the way."

I grumbled, was she bloody laughing at me? I wasn't someone to laugh at I was fuckin' vicious..ok noted, goblin brain came with overconfidence, probably not helped by the durability. "I'm..Nixispix"

The name came to me while I spoke, Nixispix huh? bloody mouthful, Nixi is better, its a more..girly name anyway. Not like I like the name or anything..ok its not bad..but like, its just cause I need to pretend to be a girl....right?

"But just call me Nixi or some shit, full name's bloody stupid" The cute harpy girl couldn't help but giggle at that.

"I-I'm sorry for laughing, its just never met a goblin, didn't realize that all the swearing rumors were true, and your voice is kinda cute too so it makes it event funnier" Oh fucken hell did she have to call me cute? That stupid bloody tingle was doing like, fruit loops or some shit in my stomach, fucks sake did not need to be dealing with the concept of my bloody gender today. I was a guy, surely? I'd been one my entire life..but was I ever happy? I bit my lip while thinking, a bit of pain did always help calm my thoughts..I suppose I had never really been happy, I just, dealt with life. And now here I was, talking to a cute harpy girl and actually looking forward to going to school. Wait shit school, fuck it I'd think on the way there.

"Umm, you good Nixi? You're kinda red and spacey" Oh shit right, there was a conversation happening.

"Yeah I'm ok, completely fine, 100% fucking dandy" And she just looked at me strange, fucks sake even as a hot girl I was totally shit at socializing.

"Ok then..well we should probably get to school Nixi, don't wanna be late!" I just nodded, turning and walking, thank fucking god she hadn't said anything more on the redness, I must've looked like a tomato or some shit. Anyways off to school with the cute harpy girl walking beside me. And damnit she hummed to, as if she couldn't be cuter. Fuck me.

17