Chapter 4 : Wizard and Magus
144 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After three days, in the treatment room

A beautiful woman who wears a priest's hat on her long black hair. He wore a long white robe. There is a sun sign on his robe.

The woman named Iriana. She was a priest and a user of light magic; she was assigned to pay attention to the condition of a man lying in front of her.

Iriana has treated the man for 3 days. But the man is still unconscious.

Iriana took out her notebook, she recited the incantation and used various magic tools then she recorded the condition of the man's body.

"Body temperature, normal. Blood Pressure, Normal. Heartbeat, Normal ... "

"Sources of Magic, Normal. Magic Flow, Normal. Magic Waves in the Brain, Unstable ...”

After recording everything, Iriana put her notes on a bed table. Then Iriana looked into the face of the unconscious man.

‘Since, I first took care of him. If I look again, he turns out to look very handsome, even though he is unconscious like this,’

Unwittingly Iriana had brought her face closer to the man to take a closer look.

After regaining consciousness, Iriana felt ashamed about what she had done.

‘Focus, Iriana. I am a priest and he is my patient, I have to be professional ’

Iriana patted her cheek, and looked at the man again.

‘But ... how long will he be like this, poor guy’

‘From Ellie's explanation she fainted from touching the Red Data Crystal?. Never before had anyone experienced this event. ‘

After, Iriana checked the man condition. Iriana left the treatment room.

***

After a few minutes from Iriana's departure.

Eric woke up from the faint; he saw the ceiling of the building above him.

"This feeling reminds me of the first time I came into this world. It was the sky with blue clouds that welcomed my new life. And now the ceiling of this room welcomes the beginning of my life as a magus in this world. "

Eric woke up and looked around. He looked at this room and guessed it was a medic room.

"Is this a hospital? It's too different from the earth."

Then Eric felt the magic energy around him.

Eric remembered how Sindhu gathered magic in the air as a start to becoming a magus.

"This energy is more and purer than on earth"

"I don't know how they divide the stages of magic training in this world. They call magic users wizards, whereas in my previous world magic users were called magus. Is there a difference between the two? Or is it just a difference in pronunciation? "

"I will absorb the magic energy here first and try to increase my magic power."

Eric took a deep breath, and then absorbed magic energy into his heart.

On earth, this stage is known as the Gathering Stage. Magic energy will continue to be collected in the heart which acts as a container for the source of the user's magic. When the heart is full of magic energy, then this magic energy must be densely packed, the denser the magic energy, the stronger the foundation of magic.

The next stage is, Small Circulation Stage, Big Circulation Stage, Yin-Yang Stabilization Stage, Refinement Stage, and Until Mastery Stage.

Previously, there was a stage above the Mastery Stage, Soul Stage, but this stage only exists in Ancient Era records.

Magic energy in the air sucked towards Eric. His heart began to be filled with magic. Eric decided to tamp it up immediately.

"I need to tamp it up"

He continued to gather magic energy around him, until the magic energy around Eric runs low.

"Not enough, I need to pull from the outside"

Eric continued to draw magic energy from outside the treatment room. He continued to fill his heart with magic energy.

The magic energy inside Eric's body continued to increase and solidify.

***

In the room at the top of the tower

"What happened? Why is magic energy running low? Jean, is the Tower Head back? "

"Not yet"

"Then is there a Magic Lord or Magic King who has been to the tower lately?"

"No"

"Hmmm this is strange. Jean, try to check down if something happened! "

"All right, Vice Lord!!”

***

In the cafeteria room

"Hey, did something happen?" Ask a man to the friend next to him

"It seems like the surrounding magic energy is running low, is anyone using a B lvl magic?"

"I do not know, maybe the Head of the tower or Vice Lord or maybe there is a Magic Lord or Magic King inside the tower who is trying a new spell" answered the bespectacled man.

"But that's from the direction of the treatment room." Firmly other people.

"Oh no, it seems from the direction of the treatment room" Iriana who was resting in the cafeteria immediately ran towards the treatment room.

***

In the treatment room

"Finally ... I did it ... HA HA HA" Eric laughed after feeling the full magical energy in his heart.

"I am now at the Gathering Stage, and increase the affinity for light magic and dark magic."

Eric tried to manipulate the light elements around him.

Shingg ... Shinggg ...

Light shone around Eric. He moved the light element towards his hand and tried to compress it.

The light element moves and solidifies into a ball of light.

"Great ... but my magic energy is quickly drained only for a ball of light; I think I can only make 3 before I run out of magic energy. I will try dark magic too. "

Eric disperses the light magic in his hand and tries to draw the dark element, but he just realized that the dark element around him is very thin. So Eric failed to create dark magic.

"What is the cause? Is it because I just used light magic? But according to Sindhu's memory it is not possible, because for the magus on earth where there is light there must be darkness. Forget it, I'll find out later. "

Creakkkk the sound of the door hinge opening.

"Hey, wait don't move too much yet" Iriana immediately stopped Eric from trying to stand up from his bed.

"Who are you?" Eric asked

"You lie down first, I will check your current state" pleaded Iriana

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry. On the contrary, you haven't answered my question, miss? "

"Oh yeah ... my name is Iriana Asviel. You can call me Iriana; I'm a Light Wizard Expert who serves as a priest in the Sezerte tower."

‘Light Wizard Expert? 'Eric was confused by Iriana's explanation.

"Miss Iriana, what is a Light Wizard Expert? I previously wanted to register as a wizard because my magic capacity was rated C, but I haven't explained it in detail because I fainted before. Can you explain to me? "

"Oh ... so you don't know much about the wizard huh?"

"Yes, I just arrived in this city"

"Alright ... but you're really healthy, right? Let me check your condition first, and then I will explain it”

"Thank you, Ms. Iriana"

"No problem, this is precisely the responsibility of my work to ensure that my patients are healthy."

Iriana uses various magic tools while reciting several spells. Shortly after

"Miss Iriana, do you know about the cause of the depletion of magic energy just now?" Asked the woman named Jean who had just entered the treatment room.

Eric looked surprised after hearing what the woman who had just entered said. And Iriana who was checking it saw that Eric was surprised by Ms. Jean's question.

"Oh, Ms. Jean, I didn't know you were here. I will examine my patient first, can you wait outside? “Iriana answered with a disturbed and angry face.

"Alright Miss Iriana I will wait for you outside, you better not long." Jean walked out of the room.

In a small voice Iriana asked Eric

"Hey is it you who caused the magic energy to thin out before here, I can even feel it from afar, it's like being sucked up by the use of B lvl magic upwards. What are you hiding? "

"I do not know what you mean Miss Iriana, I just lay here, after I realized a beautiful angel with black hair came to take care of me" answered Eric while teasing Miss Iriana.

"Oh ... Good seduction Mr. Handsome, but I'm not a cheap woman who is easily tempted, you know?"

‘It seems like he suspects me.’ Eric thought in his heart.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. You know, I always don't like the attitude of that woman. OK, I checked everything, you are really healthy, even your level of magic has increased from before, I will tell you the basics about the wizard to you as I promised beforehand”

"You are a very good person Miss Iriana"

"Can you stop calling me miss, just call me Iriana" replied Iriana rather embarrassed.

"Alright Iriana"

"First the Wizard is those who use magic by reciting spells, this spell has existed from ancient times. The wizard will recite a spell using the media in the form of a wand or magic tool to gather magic energy and magic elements around it. Then continue reciting spells to give shape to the magic element. Finally the magic element is released and a magic is created. "

"What about non-elemental magic? Previously I saw the use of language magic. "

"For non-elemental magic, the process is the same. But you need to draw magic energy from within the magic element, this is very difficult, so only certain people can use it. Then you give shape to magic energy and you release it. Do you understand?"

"Yes and then, what about the magic stages? Previously my magic capacity was rated as C lvl. "

"magic capacity is the maximum amount of magic energy that can be collected and released by a wizard. Because your magic capacity is in C lvl, it means you can use C lvl magic but you need to drain all the magic energy in your body for only one use of C lvl magic. To prevent that, we wizards practice the use of magic from F lvl upwards slowly and let our bodies get used and resistant to their effects. This process takes years. "

"Then how about if I have F lvl, can I forever only be able to use F lvl magic and can't use the magic above?"

"Not really, if you train hard there is little possibility for your magic capacity to increase to E lvl; wizards with high magic capacity usually refer to magic capacity in people as magic talent to mock the people below them."

Eric saw Iriana answering rather sadly about this.

'In any world talent is always a measure of one's progress, but without hard work talent is just nonsense.' Eric thought about this and recalled the memories of Sindhu.

"What about the stages?"

"Their Entry Level is only able to use F lvl magic and their Apprentice Level is capable of using E lvl magic. They are usually not recognized as a wizard because of their weak magic capacity"

"Their scholar wizards are experts in the use of D lvl magic and their Wizard experts are experts in using C lvl magic. Most of the wizards are in this lvl and it is very difficult to increase it, to increase from C lvl to B lvl just like climbing to the sky. "

"Their magic lords are experts in using B lvl magic. In Sezerte city as far as I know there are 3 people who are at this stage, namely: Head of the Tower, Vice Lord of the Tower and Lord of the City”

"Their Magic King who is an expert in using A lvl magic, there are very few people in this lvl"

"Their Grand Wizard who is an expert in using S lvl magic, I have never seen and heard of them, but I only know that they exist based on old stories."

"Anything else you want to know?" Iriana asked eagerly.

"Miss Iriana, haven't you forgotten something?" Asked Jean, who was standing behind Iriana?

Iriana looked behind her.

"Aghh ... Miss Jean since when you stood there." Iriana answered with surprise

Jean looked at Iriana with furrowed brows.

"Isn't eavesdropping on other people's conversations not good Miss Jean." Iriana answered

"Forget it I will ask beforehand, do you know the cause of the depletion of magic beforehand? Because it comes from this room. “Jean asked impatiently to Iriana.

"I don't know about that, Ms. Jean."

"Is it true? You better not lie because the use of B lvl magic above is prohibited inside the tower because it can interfere with various other facilities in the tower, unless you have permission to use it, Ms. Iriana”

"I am only a Light Wizard Expert, I cannot use B Lvl Miss Jean's magic."

 

6