3. Bad play.
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a careful writing session, I was able to send the message in most social media, unfortunately my message got flagged as misinformation on Cwitter, so that's that. 

I was using an old account back when I used to post a lot of PBX related photos, and yes you can indeed take pictures in PBX using the computer connection. 

Anyway, I'm posting this from inside of the game. Upon logging in, I immediately put to work the plan that I had. 

The map that I got from the store is not an ordinary map, as it is resonating with whatever god just contacted me a while ago. 

I already cast the needed protection spell as we started to trek to the high mountain. 

It's going to be a painful few days of climbing but I'm sure we both could make it across the border. 

I filmed my recording as I found a particularly good shoot of the landscape. 

'It's close Grease! Please let this be a good rune... ' usually I would ignore the map because I would already have a full fleshed out plan right from the get go, but I have no idea what I'm getting into and this excites my cold dead heart. 

Technically slime does not have a heart, but it's close enough. 

It's honestly astonishing how fast we're reaching our destination, with our deathwalker and grassrunner (which are named Clover and Rose) working together alongside each other, we were able to make short work of the mountain. If not for my fear that the wagon would broke if we go any faster, we would have reached the location on the map already. 

After some feeding time with Clover and Rose, I checked Grease to make sure they were good. 

Grease was absolutely cooked inside out, having rust and complete system malfunction is everywhere, it's a miracle Grease could even run. 

'Let's get you fixed up Grease... This is going to be a long night... ' Thankfully, I had the foresight to buy some tools just on case this happened, it cost me like five silver but I'll buy anything to keep this guy. 

My time as a tinkerer served me some good as I was able to skillfully repair basic malfunction as well as cleaning out the rust and dust that accumulated. 

However, soon I would need to log out as the online mode only has a halfed time dilation instead of the insanely customizable time dilation in single player. 

As far as I know it was ten years per 24 hour? And I played in that time scale for like... 6 years? I played it like crazy when I found out about it, unfortunately I still remember the need to pay the bills and finish school, at least it was a good escapism for me... Some might go crazy from that but I was able to keep my sanity intact... Most of the time. 

You can't make an omelette without dropping a few eggs, a few mental breakdown isn't that bad when compared that I basically has lived quadruple (?) Of my lifetime. 

After setting up the camp and protection like mana turret and proximity mines, I was able to log out safely. 

"Abhjun, come we need to talk. " I said as the shadow within my room grew and grew until I saw a pair of eyes peering deep into my soul. 

A shadow in the dark, the basic form of most demon who have not gotten a body yet, looks like Abhjun still hasn't devoured William, did she has a plan for something? 

"What's the matter? " Her voice was less harsh than before, is she using etiquette? Makes sense since she shared a body along with William, I wonder if it's because of William's father teaching or that she learnt it on her own? 

Either way, I'm glad that she's not antagonistic towards me, I needed her for most of my plan. 

"I need you to tell me every bit of information regarding this world connection with Pandora. " This is the most crucial plan ever, gathering information. 

"Pandora, the land of destruction and death in which contains countless of blessings and curses. It seems that some of your kind accidentally stumbled upon it, upon us. You seemed to be one of them, your knowledge is as vast as a God itself and yet you rejected such power, keeping it at bay, the arrogance that comes with such knowledge. How? " She seemed a little desperate at the end... A demon that tried to learn humility? How surprising. 

"I don't know. " I replied, shrugging at the meaningless question. 

"You of all people should know what humility is. " I can sense the venom in her voice, did she expected me to be all knowing? Laughable. 

"I'm sure you could see the knowledge that I have, but expecting a mortal to be as knowledgeable as a god? I thought better of you, Abhjun. " I stared at her formless abyss, actually... I don't know how I'm still sane after looking at her. 

She's formless, her mere presence itself is causing my mind to tear and yet I can fully comprehend how her grating nail like voice speak to me, I can sense her intention and she can't hurt me in a way that matter. 

"This conversation is going off the road, you can ask me later after this conversation is over. " The shadow retreated as she put off the pressure she accidentally used on me. 

"This world had a peculiar connection with Pandora, the myth, the basis of Pandora itself originated from this world, someone in this world made Pandora from nothing but imagination, spend their whole life working on it and wished of its inception. " Someone wished Pandora was real? But... Why name it Pandora's box to begin with? In Greek mythology Pandora box is a box that contained all evil in the world. 

So why? Do they already knew Pandora was going to be real even before they made it? 

"I'm suprised you didn't know of this... Who are you really? " She leaned forward the shadow like tendril slowly approaching me. 

"A mortal? Come on, you didn't have to be so respectful of me. You have the ability to see the knowledge one has acquired yes? Tell me what mine is. " I wondered how much knowledge I have acquired from my many lives inside of the game. 

"It's... Infinite. Far beyond the scope of my existence, you're not just a mere mortal... You're my employer. " She kneels as I feel a headache coming, I can't have the demon god kneeling at me... I suppose she and William would be a good believer but I'm so tired of being a god that relies on faith, it's literally just the default 'do nothing and win' strategy. 

"Don't kneel, I still have much to learn. No knowledge is infinite, only what you thought the limit are. " I said as she stood up. 

"Be proud, you're the demon god and yet you're kneeling at a mortal with some knowledge? Both of us are equal, no matter how many knowledge I'm packing. " I also stood up as I extended my hand, a simple handshake between two cooperative individual, nothing more, nothing less. 

"Let's discuss this later, I need some time to think... " Hmm, is it even worth it to spread some knowledge regarding the game? I'm sure I could use that faith for something but I rejected the faith of the demon god so why should I get some from a less effective source? 

Competition?... I want to be able to compete against someone in the early game, competition breeds innovation and creativity, war comes from differences and gaps in power. 

That's right! It wouldn't be fun if there was no competition to begin with! I had to fight some pretty nasty enemy inside PBX but what if the elements of real people were added? Chaos would ensue. 

Ah, I look forward to destroying our current societal expectation and politics, two of the worse aspect of human civilization, at least expectations was used to keep weirdos like me useful, but if I get rid of it... I might... Nah, I'm expecting the impossible from humanity... They're always judging anyway. 

Now, I'm on a bad mood because of society, I'm going to eat something to make me feel better. 

... 

After a while, I'm finally back in the game. 

The sun slowly crept up as the world began to bathe in the warm glow if the sun, waking up Rose as Clover doesn't have to sleep, we continued our journey. 

A few hours passed as I make use of the time making my new video... That remind me of my job... I should just quit once I got my video rolling. 

That's for later, I can't even quit my job anyway, maybe Abhjun knows when things are about to get real just so that I can plan accordingly. 

Following the mall direction, we took a bit of a detour from the main road as I followed the arrow on the map. 

After fifteen or so minutes passed, I could see a small cave, Grease coukd probably fit in there but I don't want to risk it. 

Tying Clover and Rose to a nearby tree, me and Grease approached the claustrophobic cave. 

Yeah, it's impossible to fit Grease in there. Guess I'm going alone for the first time. 

'I'm going alone Grease, keep the horses safe. ' I said on my mind as Grease immediately moved to the horse as I fell from their head to the hard ground below. 

Thankfully, I'm a slime so that drop didn't hurt me whatsoever, what it did do is scaring the shit out of me. 

Glaring at the static automaton, I took a deep sigh and prepared myself for what's going to come next. 

I plunged myself into the hole of the cave, I can barely fit in there as my body deformed to fit the hole I was in. 

If not for my mana sense, I wouldn't been able to see anything right now, I didn't even know the hole was this tight of a fit and since the rock are made with a very good stone that was probably mixed with metal, I cannot even digest it let alone brute forced it using a pickaxe. 

The journey felt like forever as the hole grew narrower and narrower each second I traversed the cave. But with my lithe form, I was able to barely squeeze through what felt like crack on the wall. 

Flopping to the ground undignified, I slowly looked what's around me. 

Walls, more walls and a single orb in the center... Great, I'm dealing with a poor god right now. 

'Yeah, this is a waste of time. ' with that thought I immediately climbed back to the small crack in the wall. 

'Wait! ' a foreign voice entered my head, it sounds childish enough, probably a newborn god, poor thing. 

It's not worth my time though, no matter how powerful a newborn god is, it's still need faith to live and setting that up is a massive pain in the ass. 

'Hey! Wait! ' the voice calls out again as I slowly makes my way outside. 

'Hey Grease! Let's leave. ' I called out to Grease as I noticed something bad... Grease is nowhere to be found... Clover and rose is still here though... 

'GREASE!! ' I called out to the forest but they're nowhere to be seen... Shit... Oh shit... This is bad... 

I can't just go into the woods alone! I'm not even an acid slime for gid sake! I'm just a beauty slime, they're literally made for cleaning! My magic is ass as well since I already used the majority of it casting my protection spell and my regeneration is slow because I'm only passively consuming mana from the air... I can't even make a mana heart for mana regen at this moment! I'm so dead... 

I looked back into the cave as my eyes narrowed... I guess a cooperation is imminent then... 

1