9. The Confrontation Against a Lineage
429 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, at the same time, as those shouts rang, another presence suddenly made itself known, approaching the scene quietly from a different direction.

Like a shadow materializing near Hikari, this figure showed no surprise at the sight before him: two defeated youths and several Side Branch members collapsed on the ground, completely drained. This was Takumi, the Fifth Elder, and Hikari's appointed 'custodian'.

By the time the Seventh Elder reached the scene, his gaze fell upon his two grandsons lying on the ground, prompting a look of fierce displeasure and distortion on his face. Takumi, meanwhile, had positioned himself in front of Hikari.

The Main Branch members, driven by curiosity, had congregated closer, their numbers swelling as the previous commotion unfolded as well.

The crowd around them grew larger and more notable, with it becoming evident that these were not merely random passersby. Many of the clan's strongest jonin had also arrived, drawn by the disturbance.

It was clear from their focused expressions that they had been monitoring the fights from a distance using their Byakugan and had now joined the gathering to witness the aftermath.

The revelation that a three-year-old, untrained child had defeated a seven-year-old who had undergone four years of rigorous training sent shockwaves through the assembled crowd.

While not everyone present was familiar with the concept of 'Resolve,' the sheer unlikelihood of the feat laid before them was enough to convince all that they had witnessed something extraordinary, perhaps even historic.

Conversations about Hikari, previously full of ridicule and mockery, now buzzed with shock, wonder, and amazement. The crowd, composed of both Main and Side Branch members, engaged in passionate discussions about Hikari's actions.

Words of disbelief mingled with speculative theories on how such an unprecedented victory could have occurred, already marking a significant turn in the perception of Hikari's capabilities and potential within the clan.

"Fifth Elder, what is going on? Were you aware this was going to unfold? Is that why you've shown up now? What are you implying by your presence? Are you trying to shield this child?",

The Seventh Elder, having regained some of his composure after seeing his grandsons being attended to by following Hyuga Jonin who assured him they were okay, directed his questions and thinly veiled accusations at Takumi.

"I also got notified of what transpired here. This child dared to insult our entire lineage, and yes, while my grandsons may have been defeated fair and square, and he has no authority to discipline members of the Side Branch directly under my command. These actions alone grant me the right to discipline him.",

He stated confidently, but his demeanor calmed slightly as he addressed Takumi, who stood kind of protectively in front of Hikari.

Although the Seventh Elder was inwardly astounded by the events and Hikari's evident talent, his resentment over the public humiliation of his grandsons overshadowed his shock.

He clung to the dual grievances of the insult to his lineage and the unwarranted disciplining of Side Branch members as justifications for seeking retribution against Hikari, using these points as leverage in his argument with Takumi right away.

"Seventh Elder, first and foremost, regardless of his actions today, you alone don't have the authority to interfere in this child's related affairs. You know well that his matters are not for you to decide and judge unilaterally.",

"Debating this with me here serves no purpose. If you have grievances, present them at the Elder Council tomorrow. In the meantime, I am responsible for him, and it is my decision that carries weight. I'll be taking him with me now, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't obstruct us or create unnecessary complications.",

Takumi stated, his tone both calm and assertive. His prime physical condition lent an additional layer of authority to his presence, contrasting with the Seventh Elder's age. 

"So, you are going to oppose me, Fifth Elder?", The Seventh Elder questioned, raising his eyebrows in a mix of surprise and challenge.

"No, are you planning to go against the entire Council, Seventh Elder?", Takumi retorted, refusing to be intimidated or give an inch. His voice was steady, signaling no compromise. 

A tense silence followed their exchange, a silent standoff where neither seemed willing to concede. The air was thick with unspoken threats and the heavy weight of clan politics.

After a moment that stretched between them, laden with the potential for deeper conflict, the Seventh Elder sighed, signaling his reluctant surrender.

"Very well, Fifth Elder. Your point is taken. I will not overstep today. But make no mistake, this incident will not be overlooked. I expect a full discussion at the Elder Council tomorrow. Until then, I will hold my peace. But know this, the actions taken today will have consequences...", He replied while fixing his gaze on Hikari, his tone laced with a mixture of resignation and warning.

The Seventh Elder's careful choice of words and the intensity of his look toward Hikari suggested a deep-seated concern, yet it was ambiguous whether his admonition was directed solely at Hikari or if Takumi, too, was included in his cautionary statement.

After delivering his warning, the Seventh Elder commanded his entourage to attend to his grandsons and the Side Branch members still lying on the ground, ensuring they were taken care of and brought back inside.

He then turned his attention to the large crowd of both Side and Main Branch members that had gathered, signaling that the spectacle had come to an end,

"The show is over...", He announced firmly, "So, I would appreciate it if everyone vacated the entrance courtyard of my property now.", With that, he, along with his entourage, retreated inside, and the gates were closed behind them.

After the Seventh Elder and his entourage retreated, Takumi turned to Hikari, "We'll talk later. Let's head back to my estate now...", He suggested, a hint of seriousness in his tone.

Hikari simply nodded in response, still processing the aftermath of the confrontations.

At the same time, the adrenaline rush slowly subsided and his entire body ached, he was keenly aware of his chakra levels.

Thanks to his meticulous chakra control, he had successfully avoided nearing chakra exhaustion.

As they walked away, Hikari cast a final glance at the closed gates of the Seventh Estate.

'Having one lineage against me is preferable to having the entire Council and Main Branch against me like before. The events of today will now ripple through the clan, as soon as all those people leave, showcasing my potential to the fullest...',

He contemplated with a sense of calculated optimism, 'So, tomorrow's Council meeting is unlikely to proceed as the Seventh Elder hopes. Far from being punished, this could very well officially mark the beginning of my rise...',

As for Takumi appearing here to protect him from the Seventh Elder - that was also a part of his plan. Otherwise he wouldn't have explained this situation to the man so clearly yesterday.

 

Up To 60 Advanced Chapters Available Here:

http://patreon.com/hanma_jack

21