24. The First Contact with ‘Gen-Taijutsu’
220 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will now demonstrate to you the principle of my lineage's unique technique that blends genjutsu with our traditional Hyuga clan framework. It could even be dubbed as the only such practice in the whole world, even as an entirely new category of jutsu called "gen-taijutsu". It is all the same fundamental principle that can be applied in two different styles, just like the Gentle Fist itself...",

"You can use it openly and quickly in one strong burst with a palm strike, or gradually over time, by incorporating it into your finger styles so your opponent doesn't suspect anything. It depends on the battle situation and your battle tactics. Watch closely; I will demonstrate it to you now...",

Takumi positioned himself with a calm demeanor, his focus intensifying as he prepared to unveil the intricacies of a technique that bridged the worlds of taijutsu and genjutsu.

He began with the Eight Trigrams: Phantom Mirage Strike. With a deliberate, precise palm strike aimed at an imaginary opponent, Takumi illustrated how the strike catalyzed the genjutsu, channeling a subtle burst of chakra intricately woven into the victim's chakra pathways. Due to using the Yin Release nature transformation in that chakra as well, it looked quite different from ordinary bluish chakra, it had a considerably darker shade in it.

"As you can see...", Takumi explained, maintaining his palm strike posture, "The strike itself doesn't disrupt the chakra flow in the traditional sense or try to damage the opponent, it is much more subtle. Instead, it introduces a genjutsu-laced, Yin Release chakra into the opponent's system. Depending on my intention, the illusion can range from a paralyzing memory to disorienting their sense of direction, or even creating phantom attackers...",

Takumi then shifted to demonstrate the Eight Trigrams: Shadow Whisper Assault, engaging in a fluid motion that mimicked a series of swift, precise strikes aimed at specific points in the air before him, "Each touch...", He continued, "plants a seed of genjutsu within the opponent's chakra system. These seeds grow, fed by the natural flow of chakra, blooming into illusions that can completely disorient or deceive the opponent.",

Throughout the demonstration, Takumi's Byakugan was activated, highlighting the essential role of their kekkei genkai in executing these techniques, "The effectiveness of these attacks is significantly enhanced by our Byakugan's precise targeting ability, making it nearly impossible for the opponent to realize they've been ensnared in a genjutsu."

"You have already requested me to provide you with some ways to practice the Yin Release chakra refinement and control methods a few years ago and have been practicing it for some reason. What I gave you is the exact building block of chakra that I use for this style as well.",

"So, you essentially just need to learn how to match that kind of chakra into your attacks in the heat of battle, create it quickly, and subtly, and introduce it into your opponent's system. Now, extract that chakra in front of me to evaluate it and see if it's good enough...", Takumi instructed, his expression serious and focused.

Hikari nodded and closed his eyes for a moment, gathering his focus. With a deep breath, he then began to concentrate on the core of his chakra system, drawing upon the Yin Release chakra he had been practicing diligently over the years.

Slowly, Hikari extended his hands in front of him, palms facing up. He visualized the chakra within him, refining it with the techniques Takumi had taught him, aiming to produce the specific quality of chakra necessary for the genjutsu-infused attacks. 

As he concentrated, a faint glow began to emanate from his palms. It was a visible sign of the chakra he was channeling, refining, and controlling to match the requirements Takumi had outlined. 

Takumi watched intently, observing the quality of the chakra that Hikari produced. The elder's eyes, enhanced by the Byakugan, could see not just the chakra's visible glow but its deeper qualities. He was looking for the subtle nuances that would make it effective for the genjutsu techniques he had demonstrated.

While creating that kind of chakra, Hikari recollected everything he knew about it. Whereas the five elements are created by changing the characteristics of chakra, Yin and Yang Releases are created by altering their composition.

Chakra was traditionally made by mixing together physical energy and spiritual energy in equal proportions to fuel ninjutsu. Therefore, by varying the ratio of these energies, a different kind of chakra could be produced altogether.

Yin Release involved chakra that was comprised of two parts spiritual energy to one part physical energy. It governed imagination and the manipulation of the spirit, creating form out of nothingness to give shape to the formless.

Genjutsu was a prime example of Yin Release, as it employed the yin chakra to manipulate the chakra flow within the target's cerebral nervous system. This manipulation allowed the user to control the five senses and alter perceptions, creating illusions of all kinds.

Conversely, Yang Release was characterized by chakra that contained two parts physical energy to one part spiritual energy. It governed vitality and the manipulation of the body, infusing life into the lifeless.

Medical ninjutsu exemplified the Yang Release, as it used yang chakra to stimulate the body's natural healing processes. When channeled into a target's cells, it could significantly accelerate the healing of injuries.

Already a few years ago, Hikari had approached Takumi with a request to learn how to create the basic Yin Release chakra. As he became more familiar with Yin Release, growing more in touch and attuned to it and developing a stronger affinity for it, Hikari believed it could also enhance his dojutsu performance.

He understood that while the Byakugan's functionality was mostly biological, tangible, and optics, it also operated, to some extent on the pre-programmed use of Yin Release chakra.

This was totally opposite from the Sharingan's mechanisms, which were way more focused on Yin Release and less on biology instead, but significant for Hikari to improve nonetheless.

Hikari was always convinced that expanding his understanding and control over Yin Release could potentially unlock more advanced abilities within his Byakugan. He knew that in a world dominated by bloodline powers, where basic ninjutsu could become almost ineffective against opponents wielding overpowered innate abilities, enhancing his dojutsu was critical. 

"This looks very good, Hikari-kun. It seems that you've practiced this more than I initially thought on your own. Well, it's always beneficial to have more aces up your sleeve instead of relying on just one thing. Tell me, what did you imagine while creating this Yin chakra...", Takumi said, nodding approvingly after a moment of silent contemplation as if he were pondering something deeply.

He genuinely didn't understand why Hikari had dedicated so much effort to this practice, but he assumed it was because the boy had heard of his own renown in utilizing such techniques. Hikari, after all, despite not being from his direct lineage, was his formal student, and Takumi reasoned that Hikari wanted to be well-prepared to learn his techniques early on.

"Thank you, sensei. I imagined this chakra to cause you to lose your sense of direction after traveling through your cerebral nervous system...", Hikari responded. He already understood that this 'gen-taijutsu' style, which blends genjutsu with taijutsu, primarily also relied on visualizing effects and creating them from nothing, also a hallmark of all Yin Release jutsu.

However, since it was supposed to be executed subtly and in the heat of battle, mastering it to be performed without the use of hand seals was crucial before it could be effectively brought into real combat scenarios.

Hikari, who had dedicated nearly three years to practicing this and who already possessed exceptional chakra control, had grasped how to perform it without any need for hand seals. 

'This is probably not everything Takumi has under his sleeves. To match his reputation, I feel like he also knows some other applications of this philosophy, probably long-ranged in nature. Either way, from this alone, I can learn a lot on my own... I can at least integrate it into my Vacuum Palm Blasts, even if he doesn't plan to teach me more in the future...',

Hikari analyzed internally, speculating about Takumi's reasons for not divulging more. He considered that Takumi might have withheld those advanced teachings of that because it was too early for Hikari to learn them, or perhaps he wanted to protect his lineage's secrets.

 

Up To 60 Advanced Chapters Available Here:

http://patreon.com/hanma_jack

10