43. The End of The Second Shinobi World War
201 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After wrapping up his conversation with Hinome, Hikari made his way to meet with the director of the medical institute, a prominent figure from the Hyuga clan's fourth main lineage.

Their discussion was productive, with the director assuring Hikari that Hinome would receive additional support and oversight to prevent any future incidents like the one she recently endured.

They also touched upon Hinome's educational trajectory, ensuring that it would align closely with Hikari's ambitions for her.

To secure the director's support, Hikari offered him a favor—a gesture of goodwill to be reciprocated in the future when Hikari's influence within the clan had fully matured.

Recognizing the potential benefits of aligning with a rising star in the clan, the director was more than willing to accommodate Hikari's requests.

It highlighted the keen interest of the clan's elders and other influential figures in forging a positive relationship with him, anticipating his ascent to a significant leadership position.

After his successful meeting with the director, Hikari hurried off to his advanced practical fuinjutsu class, arriving just in time.

The 'Fuinjutsu Hyuga Center', where this specialized branch of ninja arts was also taught to the Hyuga clan, was situated within the Side Branch residential area.

Unlike the imposing and elegant structures commonly found in the Main Branch's quarters, this building had a more modest but functional appearance.

Its design emphasized utility over grandeur, with sturdy wooden architecture and a layout that facilitated focused study and practice.

The entrance was marked by a large, engraved symbol of the Hyuga clan, signifying the importance of fuinjutsu knowledge even within the more utilitarian spaces of the clan's domain.

Inside, the fuinjutsu center was equipped with various rooms and halls designed for both theoretical learning and practical application of sealing techniques.

Hikari's class took place in one of the practical rooms, where individuals could practice their skills on special scrolls and sealing materials provided by the institute.

During the class, Hikari focused intently on the intricate patterns and formulas that formed the basis of advanced fuinjutsu.

He practiced inscribing seals with precise chakra control, demonstrating his proficiency and keen understanding of this complex ninja art.

The lesson covered several advanced techniques, including chakra flow manipulation and the creation of temporary binding seals, which required both theoretical knowledge and practical skills.

Once the class concluded, Hikari gathered his materials and exited the building, his mind still partially absorbed in the techniques he had practiced. 

As Hikari made his way back to his residence in the Main Branch area, his thoughts turned to the wealth and power inherent to major shinobi clans like the Hyuga.

It struck him as particularly impressive that the Hyuga clan, not widely recognized for its fuinjutsu expertise, still maintained its own dedicated fuinjutsu learning center and division.

This facility, although smaller and less populated than the clan's renowned medical division, stood as a testament to the broad educational resources and opportunities available within the clan.

This reflection led Hikari to appreciate the significant advantages that came with being part of a prominent shinobi family.

As Hikari walked around, his mind wandered to the more profound reasons behind his interest in fuinjutsu. He had long recognized that, apart from altering his own "body hardware" to mimic the Otsutsuki, there existed another pathway to achieving the monumental 'Six Paths' level of power within their world.

This alternative involved harnessing external, potent sources of chakra, the most important form of energy of this world, such as the Tailed Beasts, or potentially other yet undiscovered reserves, and sealing them for personal use—a task most effectively accomplished through the art of fuinjutsu.

Determined not to put all his eggs in one basket, Hikari had committed to gaining at least foundational knowledge in fuinjutsu from a young age.

This skill set could serve as a backup if his primary plan to evolve his body fell short, or it could complement and enhance his abilities should his initial strategy succeed.

Nonetheless, Hikari recognized that this second approach presented considerable challenges.

Acquiring such powerful chakra sources typically meant confronting dozens of opponents of Kage-level strength or beyond, due to the sensitive, and highly sought-after nature of the Tailed Beasts. 

For this reason, Hikari viewed the second method of achieving Six Paths power through fuinjutsu and chakra sealing as a more arduous and risky path.

It wasn't his preferred strategy for ascending to Six Paths status. Instead, he saw it as a potential avenue to explore only after reaching such a level through his primary means of body evolution.

Achieving Six Paths power would then provide him with the necessary strength and capabilities to pursue these external chakra sources with a realistic chance of success.

Hikari's contemplations were abruptly brought back to the present as he navigated through the densest part of the Side Branch residential area on his way to the Main Branch.

Despite the official end of the Second Shinobi World War a few days prior—a conflict that even concluded on terms favorable to Konoha—the mood was far from celebratory.

The streets, usually bustling with activity, carried a somber undertone. Many families in the Side Branch had borne the brunt of the war's casualties and injuries, and the relief of peace was overshadowed by grief and loss.

Hikari could sense the collective sorrow and frustration emanating from the people around him.

The joy that might have been expected with the war's end was muted, replaced by a reflective and somewhat desolate sentiment.

The reality of war's aftermath was starkly evident here, in the heart of the Side Branch community, where the cost of the clan's contributions to the war effort was most acutely felt.

Upon entering the Main Branch area, Hikari immediately noticed that, despite its separation from the broader world's conflicts, it too was enveloped in a subtle, somber atmosphere.

This mood, he understood, stemmed from a different cause than the grief pervading the Side Branch.

The Main Branch, with its deeper political involvement and connections, was acutely aware of the broader implications of the war's end.

The conclusion of the Second Shinobi World War on terms most favorable to Konoha was largely attributed to the efforts of certain elite individuals closely aligned with the Hokage's faction.

This faction had long sought to diminish the influence of powerful shinobi clans, including the Hyuga.

While the war's outcome solidified Konoha's status as the most powerful Ninja Village, once again,

It also signaled a potential shift in power dynamics within the village that could threaten the traditional authority and autonomy of clans like the Hyuga.

Members of the Main Branch, attuned to these political undercurrents, recognized that the post-war era might usher in changes that would challenge their longstanding positions of influence.

The war's end, therefore, was not an unequivocal cause for celebration within the Main Branch. Instead, it was a reminder of the evolving political landscape and the need to navigate this new reality carefully.

For instance, the renown of Hiruzen Sarutobi, the current Third Hokage, reached his peak during this period.

Known for his mastery over numerous Konoha's secret techniques, all five chakra natures, and numerous combination jutsus, Hiruzen earned the moniker "God of Shinobi" through his active and impactful participation in the war.

His reputation was further solidified when he fought to a standstill against the legendary Hanzo the Salamander, also called the 'Demigod' who had audaciously declared war against nearly all five great shinobi villages simultaneously and even repelled him in battle.

Beyond his combat prowess, Hiruzen also demonstrated exceptional strategic and tactical skills.

His influence extended to reshaping team dynamics within Konoha, advocating for innovative small team formations and strategies that emphasized versatility and cooperation.

All of those individual achievements left many within the Hyuga clan and other prominent families quite uneasy for obvious reasons. 

In Hikari's assessment, Hiruzen Sarutobi truly merited the "God of Shinobi" title for his era, especially considering his ability to confront Hanzo the Salamander on equal footing—a feat unmatched by any other shinobi of the time openly on the side of the shinobi villages.

While the accolade might have echoed the honor once bestowed upon the legendary Hashirama Senju, known for his unparalleled strength and also referred to as the "God of Shinobi," Hikari believed Hiruzen's achievements and contributions during his tenure warranted recognition.

Despite the reservations he had about the use of the same title for two shinobi of markedly different capacities, with Hashirama being several levels above Hiruzen, obviously a little shamelessly promoted by the Hokage's faction itself, Hikari acknowledged Hiruzen as one of the two strongest shinobi of his generation.

In his view, while Hiruzen, alongside Hanzo, might not reach the mythical levels of power possessed by figures like Hashirama and Madara Uchiha, his prowess, leadership, and strategic genius placed him at the pinnacle of shinobi excellence in the current age.

Hikari's estimation of Hiruzen's and Hanzo's strength and their place in the hierarchy of shinobi power was informed by the stories and accounts he had absorbed over the years.

Beyond Hiruzen, the shinobi clans of Konoha and other villages had more figures to be wary of: Hiruzen's three disciples, who had recently been elevated to "legendary" status.

This accolade came directly from Hanzo the Salamander himself, after they survived an encounter with him that would have spelled certain death for lesser shinobi.

Impressed by their valor and prowess, Hanzo dubbed them the "Sannin" as a mark of respect for their abilities and courage, choosing to spare their lives for reasons that remained a subject of speculation.

The theories for the reasons behind Hanzo's decision were varied and complex within the clan. Some theorized that he spared them to maintain some level of respect or diplomatic balance with Hiruzen, with whom he had previously engaged in combat, to maintain some stability or peace.

Others speculated that sparing them was a strategic move, possibly to conserve his forces or as a gesture to acknowledge Hiruzen's power indirectly.

The least likely, yet still mentioned possibility, was that Hanzo saw something particularly promising in the trio and chose to let them live out of a rare, perhaps even misplaced, sense of admiration or respect.

Among the Sannin, Tsunade's medical prowess and advocacy for medical professionals being present in every shinobi team formation also resonated particularly strongly throughout the entire ninja world.

Her groundbreaking contributions to medical ninjutsu and her ability to heal wounds that were considered fatal by others set a new standard for medical care within the shinobi communities. Her expertise in dealing with various kinds of poisons was also widely spread.

Tsunade's innovations not only saved countless lives on the battlefield but also advanced the field of medical ninjutsu in ways that would benefit future generations of ninja.

Meanwhile, during the same period that Tsunade's medical expertise was becoming widely known, Danzo Shimura was carving out his own distinct, though far more ominous, reputation in the ninja world.

Known as the 'Darkness of the Shinobi World,' Danzo and his secretive organization, Root, began to emerge into the broader consciousness of the shinobi communities.

Root, operating under Danzo's strict and shadowy leadership, was characterized by its unwavering commitment to the protection and advancement of Konoha, often employing methods that were ethically questionable or outright reprehensible.

Danzo himself, possessing strength that could be classified as Quasi-Kage level, was feared not just for his combat capabilities but also for his sinister, strategic mind. His ability to plan several steps ahead, coupled with a willingness to sacrifice anything or anyone for what he perceived as the greater good of the village, made him a formidable and controversial figure.

The actions of Danzo and Root during the war—ranging from assassination missions to espionage and even manipulation of political situations within and outside Konoha—solidified their reputation.

While some viewed Danzo as a necessary evil, a protector operating in the shadows to ensure Konoha's survival, others saw him and his organization as a dangerous embodiment of the moral compromises that the shinobi system could engender.

As Hikari continued his journey back to the Main Branch, he further contemplated the current hierarchy of strength within Konoha's most notable shinobi. He estimated Hiruzen Sarutobi's strength to be at the late Kage level.

Regarding the Sannin—Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Orochimaru—Hikari believed that, although they had not yet reached their peak, each possessed strength that could be classified as early Kage level. 

 

Up To 60 Advanced Chapters Available Here:

http://patreon.com/hanma_jack

8