Chapter 6
1.6k 14 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack puts up with the pain and while Jessica is still dressing his wounds, he looks at the information that’s appearing before his eyes:

SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT - Congratulations – You have subdued the King class creature, Grey Wolf King

SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT - Congratulations – You have subdued the King class creature, Lightning Scaled Horse King

SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT - Congratulations – You have acquired 50 achievement points for subduing a King class creature, Grey Wolf King

SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT - Congratulations – You have acquired 50 achievement points for subduing a King class creature, Lightning Scaled Horse King

[Grey Wolf King]

Level: Stage 0-3

Grade: S

Stats: Strength: 12, Intelligence: 9, Agility: 12, Constitution: 9

Skills: Wolf King’s Might (strikes fear into ordinary wolves and makes them submit), Bloodthirsty Bite.

Description: A common grey wolf that has evolved into a King class through absorbing the blood essence of many different creatures.

[Lightning Scaled Horse King]

Level: Stage 0-4

Grade: SS

Stats: Strength: 17, Intelligence: 11, Agility: 14, Constitution: 12

Skills: Horse King’s Might (strikes fear into ordinary horses and makes them submit), Piercing Horn, Heavenly Lightning Descent (the land shall be covered in heavenly tribulations)

Description: An incredibly rare horse that has evolved into a King class through absorbing the blood essence of a Lightning Qilin.

Looking through the information, it seems like Jack got incredibly lucky to subdue both of these creatures. The grey wolf is a King class which means it’ll have its own lair that is able to spawn wolves that are subordinate to their king. The same goes for the Lightning Scaled Horse, but that’s even more incredible as it has a Lightning Qilin bloodline which from the description is very rare.

Achievement points are used by system cities as a sort of reputation system, as you get more points and higher ranks then you get access to higher levels of systems within the system cities and also respect from the system’s people.

The rankings follow the real world example of kingdoms, i.e. everyone starts off as a commoner, then become a citizen of that region, followed by esquire, followed by Baron etc.

While Jack is going through all the information and waiting for the animals surrounding him to get back up on his feet, we look back to Feather Town.

“First a dragon appears in the region and now lightning descends during a clear sky day”

“Why is the lightning so close to town, I nearly got blown off the roof from the shock”

“What is the mayor doing? They have all these guards out looking for two people but can’t spare anyone to see what’s going on out there?”

“It’s the sign of impending disaster people! The tribulations are upon us!”

“Stop it with your doomsday whacko crap”

“Yeah it was just some lightning, not tribulation lightning”

“Exactly stop trying to scare everyone”

A crowd of people are surrounding the Mayor’s house, while a stern looking man with a beard is looking down at the crowd of people from a window. He is surrounded by several people, including the two guards that were chasing Jack and Jessica earlier.

“So no one has any idea who those two people were and no one has any idea why lightning would fall shortly after they are chased out of town?” the mayor asks the room.

Everyone just looks down and has no response. Reluctantly a man steps forward with a piece of paper.

“The man just suddenly appeared at the town gate earlier this afternoon, he was initially denied entry as people suspected him of being a Demon due to his red glowing eyes but after the crystal denied the presence of Demon qi and his cooperation, we let him in” the man repeated a summary of information on the sheet of paper.

“What about the woman?” the mayor asks, glaring at the person speaking for the group.

“She arrived in the town this morning with a Merchant group that travelled from Apricot Town, it’s believe that she’s a survivor of Dragon Peach Village that’s rumoured to have been destroyed and looted by bandits working for Apricot Town not too long ago” he replied, again summarizing the report that is in his hands.

“Do we know why they’re together now?” the mayor asks, squinting his eyes at the man in a threatening manner.

“Uhh… ummm….. that is….” The man starts to trail off, his hands starting to shake and some sweat coming down his forehead.

The big burly gate captain sees this and steps forward to take the piece of paper and reads the information, letting out an audible sigh.

“It appears that your son tried to abduct her while she was looking for work and he stepped in to rescue her after which she followed him into an inn and we all know what happened after” the burly guys says with a dejected tone. He knows that all too often, the messenger is the one killed for bringing forwards this information.

The mayor looks at the burly guy with a furious look in his eyes, his fist tightening and his knuckles cracking as though he’s ready to punch something. He takes a deep breath and loosens his fist.

“Inform my son that he’s to be confined to his room for the next 6 months as punishment” the mayor says while turning around.

“What of the two people that escaped?” one of the men in the room asked.

The mayor takes another deep breath and says, “There’s no big enmity between us and neither of them got hurt, we will not welcome them into Feather Town anymore but we will not chase them down” the mayor says through clenched teeth.

Everyone in the room is shocked at this, the mayor who upon rising to his position started a bloodbath of all his opponents is letting these two people go? The same man who didn’t let the dogs and chickens escape from the bloodbath, people who did nothing wrong except oppose the mayor?

“Relay my orders and do not disobey me!” the mayor shouts and waves his arms to indicate everyone to leave.

All the men slowly shuffle out of the room, leaving only the mayor and the captain of the archer guards.

“Your son will not drop this, you better reign him in” the captain says to the guard.

“I know but what can I do about it? I only hope that he doesn’t bring down the whole town with him…” the mayor slumps down in his deck chair, staring out the window looking into the sky.

The two men talk for some more time while someone sends word to the mayor’s son about the decision of his father.

“WHAT?! That slut hurt several of my guards and I’m meant to just leave it alone?” the mayor’s son shouts at the messenger as he’s pulling out a sword.

“Please sir, Don’t hurt me, I’m just relaying what your father, the mayor told me” the man pleads with the encroaching youth.

“The servant doesn’t get to tell the master what to do!” the mayor’s son says as he stabs his sword into the mans chest. He lets out a mouthful of blood and collapses onto the floor, the young man just looks at the man collapsed on the floor, clicking his tongue over how much blood is being spilt.

A few guards come in and drag the mans’ body away, the young man returns to his bed chambers where there are several women around in various stages of undress, including a couple that are chained up.

He walks upto one of the chained up women who obediently sticks out her tongue without any sort of expression on her face, as though she’s just a puppet while the youth slides his sword over her tongue to clean it. She doesn’t do a very good job and he smacks her face a few times, causing the woman to moan.

“Bruce!” he yells out, a shadow appears from behind the youth and it’s a tall thin man dressed entirely in black with a face mask covering his face.

“Yes sir!” the masked man yells.

“You know what to do” the young man says without even looking at the masked man, who merely nods and disappears into the shadows again while the youth is starting to feel up one of the women beside him.

“No one can stop me from getting what I want!” he says while squeezing the breast of one of the chained up women, there’s some visible bloody fingerprints on her skin but she still moans as though it’s pleasurable and starts rubbing her legs together. This causes the young man to smirk and proceed with his rampant desires.

If one were to look closely at the city walls, they would see several shadows jumping over the city wall and proceed into the forest at an incredible pace. A hooded man in green can be seen standing on a tall tree, watching these shadows proceed into the forest.

He pulls out a flute from his sleeve and plays a tune, closely followed by an eagle’s screech as it lands on the man’s out stretched arm. He says a few words in a strange dialect and the eagle quickly flies back into the sky while the man slowly disappears into the various foliage as though he was never there in the first place.

30