Kam’zul
296 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Kam family's house, there were three Shen'la, who were watching a little toddler named Kam'zul. The toddler slowly crawled towards her family, who supported her.

"Little one, you're almost there."

"Sister, you can do it, come to your brother."

Kam'zul crawled to her family, and they all started hugging her and showering her with love and attention.

Kam'ra didn't mind that his sister was getting all the attention. He was happy to have a sister, so he also gave her all his attention, sometimes sacrificing his time with friends for her.

Kam'zul was a normal Shen'la child, like every other, nourished in the egg-shaped incubator until the age of one.

Every Shen'la child was well nourished, and their bodies were better than others, thanks to the constant support of the incubator.

The family watched as Kam'zul tried to mimic her family and tried to stand. The family began to support her. Although Kam'zul didn't understand due to her age, something in her felt positive.

After several unsuccessful attempts, Kam'zul stood on her own feet and after a few seconds of standing, fell to the ground and started crying.

Kam'tzu ran to her daughter and started hugging and comforting her. Kam'zul calmed down and fell asleep. The family looked at her. There was something strange on her skin, there were purple lines like veins, mainly around her eye. The family was somewhat scared, not knowing what was wrong with her.

This was Kam'zul's second day out of the incubator, and the family had already scheduled an appointment with the doctor. There were relatively few doctors in each city. Most Shen'la adults wanted to become scientists, researchers for new things.

They were supposed to see the doctor the next day, so they laid Kam'zul in bed and went about their own business.

...

Kam'op, Kam's father, was looking at the screen, but he wasn't at home. He was at a bar with his friends, watching sports and drinking some alcoholic cocktails. Kam'op was boasting about his daughter. It usually takes a Shen'la child about a week to stand on their own feet, but his daughter managed it in a day and a half. Others looked at him as if he were a fool.

Kam'ra, Kam's son, was already in bed at home, sleeping. It was late at night, so he obeyed his mother's command. Now he was in the realm of dreams.

Kam'tzu, Kam's mother, was sitting in the living room, watching the screen where an interplanetary cooking competition was taking place. Her family encouraged her to try it, but Kam'tzu didn't believe in herself that much. She watched TV and waited for her husband to return.

...

(The next day)

The Kam family was riding in a hovercraft towards the hospital. Kam'op was driving, or rather, he told the system where they should go.

Sitting in the co-passenger seat was Kam'tzu, who was choosing the music.

Kam'ra was helping his mother with the selection.

And where was their daughter Kam'zul? She was strapped to a device that protected children in hovercrafts in case something happened.

Shen'la music was without vocals, only instruments played.

...

The Kam family arrived at the hospital. They waited in the waiting room. They were in the part of the hospital that cared for newborns and infants.

Kam'zul held onto her mother. The family waited for their turn for examination. Before them were three other families. Those families started chatting, and the Kam family joined their conversation.

Mothers began to talk about their children. Fathers talked about their things like sports and other such things.

And Kam'ra? He was there alone; all the families had their first child except his. So he just waited and did nothing.

The mothers agreed that when they met like this with children born in the same year, they would go out together and let their children play together.

As the families chatted, they heard an alert, which was a sign that the doctor had started his shift. A nurse opened the door and collected information from all the families. She called the first family.

...

It took some time, and the Kam family was next. They entered and saw how the old doctor greeted them, took Kam'zul, and began to examine her.

"Hmm, I've never seen this before; nurse, I will need the CSR." (AN: complete scan result)

Kam'tzu started to get nervous; she couldn't help but ask.

"What's wrong with my baby? Is she okay?"

The old doctor looked at her with a smile.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Kam. Your daughter isn't sick, but we need to know what those veins are doing."

Little Kam'zul was sent for CSR. A nurse was at the monitor, monitoring her body. She just looked at the results. Her eye widened in disbelief.

"I need to show this to the doctor right away."

The nurse entered the room where the doctor was talking to the Kam family. She came to him and showed him the results. He started to look at the paper incredulously.

"This, how, this is really interesting, nurse, are you sure about this?"

The nurse just nodded.

The Kam family started to panic a little.

"Doctor, what's wrong with my daughter? Is she okay? What's going on with her?"

The doctor looked at the family with a smile.

"Don't worry; your daughter is in perfect condition, even better than other Shen'la children. Let's say her skeletal and muscular system is different from normal Shen'la children. Physically, she will probably be the strongest Shen'la ever born. Her bone marrow is made of Kerunurium, a very rare substance on this planet, and usually serves to strengthen the basic structure of the body..."

The nurse jumped into the doctor's speech.

"In simple terms, her bones and muscles will be about twice, maybe several times stronger than those of other Shen'la. So your child is completely fine."

The Kam family breathed a sigh of relief; they were quite nervous, but now they took Kam'zul and were very happy. Their daughter was not only completely healthy but would also be much stronger than others, which could secure her a place in some professional sport.

...

The family returned home, put Kam'zul in her crib, watched her for a while, and then started doing their own things.

22