Chapter 2: Mana Management.
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting excited about mana, José dove into the next chapter. 'Basic Mana Handling: First Steps' sounded like a video game tutorial. Both excited and somewhat incredulous, José set out to try the instructions.

Mana, being the energy source of magic, was extremely important as indicated in the book, so José intensely studied its control and usage methods.

So, the first step was to establish a stable connection with the newly awakened mana, which was very weak at the moment since he had just awakened it.

To connect with the mana, the book mentioned something about meditating. José thought, 'Okay, let's see if I don't fall asleep'. But hey, after half an hour of concentration, he started to feel something running through his skin like Spider-Man sensing danger!

Focusing on the energy flowing through his body, José closed his eyes, concentrating on the sensation, similar to a gentle electric current running under his skin.

Since José awakened his magic thanks to a magical artifact, which was the book, it was relatively easy for him to feel the magic while meditating for half an hour, as normal apprentices would take an average of 1 week after their magical awakening to feel the energy in their body.

After moving and feeling the energy inside him for a few hours, José came out of his stupor feeling quite physically and mentally tired, so he left the book and, with excitement but tiredness, went to sleep in his bed, which he rarely did.

....

Outside the window of José's room.

The sun could be seen setting in the sky as night began to fall in the city.

Lying in his bed, José moved slightly, indicating he was waking up from his afternoon nap.

After some light movements, he sat up in bed and said:

"I felt so tired earlier, I didn't think that simply training mana movement could be so exhausting for the body and mind."

But feeling his connection with his mana stronger than a few hours ago, though sadly stronger than the previous connection, was at least stronger.

A big smile appeared on José's face.

Even though he had woken up from a restorative sleep, José still felt very tired, and the reasons for getting up were two:

Heat
Hunger
"I'm rotting right now," José said as he got out of bed to go to the kitchen to find something to eat.

Finding something to eat upon opening the refrigerator, José went to his room to eat quietly while watching an episode of Friends.

After finishing eating, even though he was tired, José took the magic book and started to read it, "Let's see what else this precious baby has for me," he exclaimed with enthusiasm.

One of the first basic spells after mana awakening and mobilization was the physical strengthening spell, which was the most basic of basics.

And following the procedure in the book, José tried to direct the strengthening to his right arm to see if the spell worked or was a farce.

Looking at something heavy in his room to try lifting, José saw his chair, where he sat most of the day, "Help me once more my loyal companion," he told the chair sarcastically.

"Let's see if it at least works," José said as he tried to lift a chair with his right hand.

When he grabbed the chair from the center, which joined the legs to the top part, even though he only managed to lift it a little off the ground, it was something he could never have done before normally. "WOW, this shit really works," he whispered, seeing the chair lifted although his neck seemed about to explode from the effort he was putting into it.

At the end of the day, exhausted but flipping out, José discovered strange lines in the book. 'Could they be cheat codes?' he thought, with a mix of wonder and eagerness to discover more.

The book, which had already proven to be extraordinary, seemed to harbor even more secrets. Intrigued, José decided to study these patterns, wondering if they could be the key to understanding more advanced aspects of magic.

"haha, thinking about advanced aspects when I'm just a one-day beginner, although I think I've advanced quite a bit for just one day," said José, Not knowing that what he had done in a single day would take weeks or a month for normal magic apprentices.

And this was not because José was a magic super genius or something similar, but because he found the book which helped him skip the most tedious first stage, which is the awakening of magic and the connection with his mana for its control.

.....

A day later.

José could be seen with his laptop at school listening to his programming teacher in class.

Looking at the professor speaking, José looked at his computer and thought, "I want to go home to carefully check the book this time," since when he started to train mana at home he hadn't read the book well due to the euphoria.

"Also, I couldn't read it today because I woke up late thanks to the mana training beatdown from yesterday, and if I arrived late my administration teacher, who I hate and always takes attendance, would mark me absent, and with that, I would have 2 and if I get 3, he will fail me in the subject," José thought while doing his code as the professor indicated.

After finishing classes and returning the same way he found the magic book to see if he was lucky and found another extraordinary thing.

"It would be ironic and great if I found 2 treasures on the same crappy street," José thought.

Arriving and opening the door of his house with his keys, José immediately went to his room and looked for where he hid his magic book this morning.

Seeing it in the same place, José immediately relieved because if it wasn't there he might have thought that everything was a weird dream.

Taking the book and opening it, José looked at it for a moment.

Now, with the magic book open, he felt like the protagonist of one of those adventure movies he loved so much. "Ok, José, time to do some real magic!" he exclaimed with a mix of excitement and a touch of sarcasm.

Looking at the instructions in the book, he thought out loud, "Well, how am I supposed to do this? Just wave my hands and say some magic words?" However, when he tried his first spell, nothing happened. "Great, a magician without magic," he mocked himself, but he didn't give up.

With each new attempt, José began to feel more and more the connection with mana. "Come on, mana! Do something already!" he exclaimed with a mix of frustration and anticipation.

Finally, after several tries and errors, a small flash of light came out of his hands. "No way! It worked!" he shouted, surprised and delighted. At that moment, he knew his life had changed forever.

But reading the book attentively, José noticed that apparently what he had just done was simply expel the mana he had towards the atmosphere and that caused a small light.

"For my second magic and the first with special effects, it's not bad at all," José thought.

And after saying this, José paid attention to the main topic of the book, which it was entirely about, except for the basics that José did,

Turning to the next page, José read aloud what the book said in the title, "Magic Seals: Chapter 1".

---------------

If you know characters, animes, series, etc. in which there is magic with the ability to seal things or people, please leave me a comment.

1