Volume 05 Chapter 00: Prologue
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side 〜〜〜

 

In the dimly lit room, a child sat with their head in their hands, staring at the object placed on the table.

 

"Hmm..."

 

I just can't figure it out... My prototype didn't listen, probably due to its low intelligence, rendering it useless. But it was strong. I sent it into the labyrinth of demi-humans to gather data. However, according to my comrades, it was defeated by the people from the Comprehensive Guild. It was one of my confident works, so it's sad to lose it, but I can make another... Oh well, I guess I shouldn't worry too much. Honestly, I'm starting not to care.

 

"What's troubling you so much, Yahan?"

 

"Oh, Revis!"

 

"You're still making strange things as usual."

 

"Don't say that! These samples here are necessary!"

 

As Yahan pointed at the squirming and eerie creature on the table, Revis, slightly taken aback, took out some documents from her bag.

 

"I brought the summary of the recent information."

 

"By recent, you mean the incident where my prototype was defeated, right?"

 

Surely you didn't forget about making the chimera yourself... I want to say that, but it seems like it would be troublesome, so I keep quiet.

 

"Yes, you should read it too. There was something that caught my attention."

 

"Something interesting? What is it? Tell me!"

 

"That white-haired girl seems to have defeated the prototype you made."

 

"Hmm... is that so? Well, as long as I know that, I don't need to read much further around here."

 

Watching Revis flip through a few pages, Yahan sighed inwardly, hoping she would read it properly.

 

"Huh!? The parasitic demon worm successfully parasitized the sample!"

 

"It seems so. However..."

 

"I know the result. It failed, right?"

 

"Yes, but was that okay? Ultimately, your carefully crafted chimera was defeated, wasn't it? And you were fond of it, weren't you?"

 

"Well... I did cherish it, but as I've become able to create better things, I've started to not care much. Besides, it was a failed experiment, and it was becoming troublesome to manage, so I thought it was just right to send it into the labyrinth for combat data and parasite demon data collection."

 

To think I was so pleased with the outcome, and now it's treated like rubbish. Revis couldn't help but think.

 

"Well... it seems that unless the magical power is reasonably high, it won't parasitize. And it looks like the core protrudes from the body. If the core is damaged, does it die...? We need to do something about these weaknesses."

 

"Isn't it your job to fix that?"

 

"Well, since there are still unresolved issues regarding magical power, I can't improve it. But it seems possible to improve the weaknesses, so I'll do my best. Oh, by the way, I'm taking that newcomer with me on the next mission, right?"

 

"...Newcomer?"

 

Although Yahan eagerly approached, Revis tilted her head in confusion, but soon remembered.

 

"Oh, that person."

 

"Yeah, that person. If I'm going to be working with them, hand this to them."

 

Yahan took out a bangle adorned with a purple gem from the desk and showed it to Revis, beginning to explain politely.

 

Volume 05 Chapter 00 Prologue

 

Ellyna's Perspective ~~~

 

Three days had passed since the deadly battle with the monsters. It goes without saying that the labyrinth of demi-humans was closed for internal investigation, but according to Ramul, it would be reopened soon, so there was no need to worry. Or so she said.

 

By the way, it's no surprise that I received the highest reward for the battle against the monsters. Although I had heard from Instructor Aid that there might be some dispute over the distribution of emergency quest rewards, there was none at all.

 

Well, it was mainly Instructor Aid and I who were fighting.

 

Also, Captain Agus is being held accountable for supervision due to this incident, so Darren is temporarily managing the labyrinth of demi-humans as acting captain.

 

According to him, nobody comes to the labyrinth, so he's bored. Well, it's only natural since it's closed.

 

Despite such peaceful days continuing, I was currently in the midst of battle!!

 

Clang! Clang!

 

"Welcome! Master!"

 

"Wow, it's Ellyna! Is Ellyna really working at a maid café?!"

 

"No, Master. My name is Ellel! Nice to meet you~!"

 

Welcoming the masters who came to the shop in maid attire.

 

"Ellel?"

 

"Huh? No... but you, didn't you defeat the monster that came out of the labyrinth of demi-humans, Ellyna?"

 

"If you don't call me Ellel, Ellel might start to dislike you, Master?"

 

"Well, but..."

 

While bending forward with a sad expression, I looked up at the master with upturned eyes and said this.

 

"Ellel, then... is not good."

 

"Wha...what!?"

 

Seeing the laughing figure of the master saying meaningless words with a smile on his face, I thought to myself, "Alright! I defeated him! He wasn't the wrong opponent! I defeated him!" as I cheered inwardly.

 

"P-please take care of me!! Ellel!"

 

"Ellel~ Ellel~"

 

"Huh?! Sorry! Ellel!"

 

"Yeah yeah, let me show you around, Master~!"

 

Guiding the master with a smile while thinking in my heart.

 

Damn it!!!? I shouldn't have done that!!!!?

 

About an hour and a half ago.

 

As I was walking along the streets of the royal capital to report on the request I had fulfilled at the Guild, I found a shop that caught my eye and inadvertently stopped.

 

"Hmmmm? What's this..."

 

I found myself staring at the signboard standing in front of the shop. And as for what was written on it.

 

Maid Café @ Orange & Lime @ Now Open!

 

"Th-this is...!?"

 

A maid café!? H-has there been a sanctuary in this world too!?

 

"...Should I go in?"

 

No, I'm a girl now, so it's weird to go into the shop, right?

 

Wait, isn't that prejudiced? And besides, I've always wanted to go there once, so if I don't go now, when will I go?

 

"Now's the time!"

 

Volume 05 Chapter 00, Prologue

 

As I entered the shop, a delightful maid greeted me, a self-proclaimed "moe-pig"!

 

"Welcome! Master! Oh, it's not Micha-- I mean, Master, you see..."

 

"Ah..."

 

Scratch that. A familiar face was working at the maid café.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"Why on earth are you here?!"

 

"Well, you see... I was curious, so I decided to check it out~"

 

"Just leave the shop already!"

 

Hold on! Isn't that a bit rude to our Master? ...Wait a minute. Considering Micha-chan's personality... Ah! Could it be?!

 

"Micha-chan is playing the tsundere role, that's why she's saying that!"

 

"I'm genuinely telling you to leave!"

 

"Oh no, I'm not leaving. Is there a vacant seat?"

 

"Mrrgh..."

 

Ignoring Micha-chan's glare, because, well, I'm planning to tease her endlessly.

 

"Now, now, Micha-run. You shouldn't be rude to our Master."

 

Micha-chan... no, the nekomimi maid who spoke up had come from the back of the shop.

 

And her nekomimi were twitching and her tail was swaying! Unlike in my past life, this wasn't some headband or such!!

 

Ah, it's the genuine nekomimi maid I've dreamt of!! Thank goodness for being reincarnated in another world!! Hail the otherworld!!

 

"Eh, the manager!?"

 

Wait! This person is the manager!?

 

"My apologies for Micha-run's blunder towards you, Master."

 

The manager bowed deeply in apology, and I hurriedly replied.

 

"D-don't worry, Manager! Micha-chan is my friend, so I knew she'd speak like that!"

 

"Oh, is that so? Micha-run has a friend..."

 

Well, she seems to want to say 'I'm not your friend!' though.

 

"Since we're standing, please have a seat over here, Master."

 

Yes, yes, this must be how maid cafés treat their customers, right? As I sat down, I spoke to Micha who was standing.

 

"So, why are you working here, Micha-chan?"

 

"My master told me to work here and fix my attitude! I was forced to accept the job offer they posted here!"

 

"Oh, I see..."

 

"You're talking like it's none of your business!"

 

Well, it actually isn't. Anyway, more importantly... about this menu. I'll have the Fluffy & Creamy Omelette Rice and the Love-infused Tropical Mix Juice, please, Micha-run."

 

"Understood... Master."

 

"Master, understood meow☆"

 

The manager, whose real name I didn't know but whose name tag said "Mii", went to the counter with a smile, while Micha-chan, or Micha-run, followed reluctantly. As they left, I glanced around the empty shop.

 

The interior was clean, with a lingering smell of paint. Does that mean they've just started recently? And why am I the only customer here?

 

Maybe because they've just started. Or perhaps they haven't advertised the shop enough. I haven't seen any flyers introducing this place.

 

And it's also strange that there are only two employees... They wouldn't be able to handle the customers during peak hours with just two people.

 

Volume 05 Chapter 00: Prologue

 

"Here it is, all ready for you~" Mihaln said, bringing the dishes over and placing them on the table.

 

"Now, please, enjoy!"

 

"...Eh?"

 

Th...This is a maid café, right? Not a family restaurant, izakaya, or M*cDonald's, right? I'm definitely in a maid café, right!?

 

"What's with that dissatisfied look!?"

 

...This person just shattered an otaku's dream!!

 

"Unacceptable!!!!!!"

 

"Huh? Why are you suddenly saying that? And who are you?"

 

"I'll show you an example, so sit here!!"

 

"Huh!? Wait! What's going on!?"

 

Forcing the bewildered incompetent maid Mihaln to sit down, she picks up the dishes on the table and heads towards the counter... And then.

 

With a smile, she takes the dishes to the master and says this in front of him.

 

"Thank you for waiting! Master☆ I have brought your meal~!"

 

"Eh? W-what?"

 

Ignoring the perplexed Mihaln, she places the dishes on the table and takes out the ketchup.

 

"Now, I'll pour in some love~!"

 

"H-Huh?"

 

Drawing heart marks with ketchup on the omelette rice, she makes heart shapes with her hands around her chest and chants the typical charm of the maid café.

 

"May it be delicious~! Moe Moe Kyun"

 

"What!?"

 

Seeing my charm, Mihaln's face turns bright red, and she flaps her mouth like a fish out of water. Ignoring that sight, I pierce the omelette rice with a spoon and offer it to Mihaln.

 

"Master, open wide~"

 

"T-There's no way I can do something like that!!"

 

Saying so, she turns away.

 

"Come on~! If you don't eat, I can't do my job~"

 

"Don't you feel embarrassed doing this kind of work!?"

 

"No, I had fun. Besides, Mihaln needs to do it now. Didn't the manager teach you?"

 

"I can't do something so embarrassing!!"

 

Well, if you work at a maid café, you have to do it.

 

*Click!*

 

"Hmm?"

 

I turned around to see the manager, who had suddenly appeared behind me.

 

Moreover, he looked like a predator who had found its prey.

 

"Hey, you, would you like to work here?"

 

"...Huh?"

1