Volume 05 Chapter 03
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I rode in the carriage towards my home, I glanced at the scenery outside with a displeased expression, all the while ignoring the maid fondling my chest.

 

"Please, refrain from such a gloomy countenance. My apologies if I've caused any offense," she said.

 

"Hmph..."

 

I pouted, still turned away, clearly displaying my irritation.

 

"Elle, you really shouldn't make such a face," she admonished.

 

"And who do you think is the cause of my displeasure?" I retorted.

 

"A-ahaha... W-well, anyway! When we arrive at your house, there are things we need to discuss, so I expect we'll be staying a while," I said, trying to change the subject.

 

"Things to discuss?"

 

I wondered what it could be. Perhaps it was about the recent incident?

 

"Um, it encompasses various matters we discussed when we first met. But more importantly, we'll be arriving soon, so please prepare to disembark!" she instructed.

 

Prepare to disembark? But I don't have any luggage, so there's no need for that... Wait, did she just deflect my question? Or am I just imagining things?

 

"Look, there it is! That's your home over there!"

 

"Huh!? Where?"

 

I followed Aina-sama's pointed finger and saw a distinctive white house amidst the surroundings.

 

"Aina-sama, is that white house over there my residence?"

 

"That's right! Quite a lovely home, isn't it?"

 

Considering it was from Duke Valdek, I had expected something grander.

 

"Did you perhaps imagine a larger residence, Elle-sama?" Aina-sama asked.

 

"Yes, I assumed something more like an estate, prepared by Duke Valdek-sama and Aina-sama," I replied.

 

"Would you have preferred an estate?" Aina-sama inquired.

 

"No, I was considering living alone, so I thought a more manageable normal house would be better. So, a house like that is sufficient."

 

As I spoke, Aina-sama glanced at the maid who continued to fondle my chest with a smirk, and almost simultaneously, the perverted maid averted her gaze from Aina-sama.

 

Huh? Did Aina-sama and the maid argue when they bought this house?

 

"We've arrived in front of the house, shall we both alight?" Aina-sama suggested.

 

"...Yes, madam."

 

Before I could even respond, we were forcibly pulled out of the carriage and ushered towards the door.

 

Then, Aina-sama knocked on the door with a resounding thud. Despite being a Duchess, her behavior was far from ladylike.

 

"Nelsoooon! It's Elle, no, it's Ellyna! We've brought Ellyna!" she shouted.

 

"Aina?! I'll open the door right away, just wait a moment!" came the response.

 

After some hurried footsteps, the door creaked open with a click, revealing Duke Valdek-sama.

 

Wait, isn't this the kind of reception that servants are supposed to do?

 

"You took your time, Aina. Finding Ellyna was quite the task..." Duke Valdek-sama said.

 

Ah, as soon as Duke Valdek-sama laid eyes on me, he froze.

 

"Why is Ellyna wearing a maid uniform? Did Alifa force you into it?" he asked.

 

Yeah, that's the reaction you'd expect from seeing this outfit. Wait, who's Alifa?

 

"Please, husband, don't misunderstand. I didn't force Ellyna into the maid uniform; she was working at a maid café wearing this," Aina-sama explained.

 

"Working in a maid café? Are you telling the truth?" Duke Valdek-sama asked.

 

Huh!? Is the person next to me Alifa-san? I had no idea!

 

"Yes, I am telling the truth, husband."

Volume 05 Chapter 03

 

"Hmm... could you, er... please stop calling him 'that husband'? You are..."

 

"Oh dear, my husband. Since we're just standing around, let's hurry up and go inside the Earl's house."

 

"Eh!? Whoa! Wait, I get it! I get it, so calm down!!"

 

Oh my... is it alright that she's forcefully pushing Duke Valdek into the house like that? Won't she lose her job for disrespecting him?

 

"Hehe! Hehehe..."

 

Huh? Lady Ainya is laughing.

 

"Lady Ainya."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Why are you laughing?"

 

"Well, it's quite an amusing sight to me."

 

"Eh, an amusing... sight?"

 

Could it be that Duke Valdek is being blackmailed by that maid, and he obeys her because she threatens to expose something from the past? If that's the case, isn't it cruel of Lady Ainya not to intervene despite knowing?

 

"Anyway, there are others waiting besides my husband, so let's go inside!"

 

Others waiting besides my husband?

 

"Um, who else is waiting? Could it be Mr. Guel or Ms. Lizlina?"

 

"Well, well, well, that's a surprise for you to find out when you meet them. Alright, follow me!"

 

While being half-coercively dragged inside by Lady Ainya, I couldn't help but think that she's quite forceful herself.

 

"Hehe! So, how's this entrance?"

 

"Oh wow! Unlike in my past life in Japan, there are no shoe cabinets or storage items, so it feels spacious, and above all, the wallpaper is pure white, making it look nice." Wait, huh?

 

"Um... there's something I want to ask..."

 

"Something you want to ask? What is it? Go on."

 

"Um, are the furnishings prepared by any chance?"

 

"Oh, we prepared those ourselves!"

 

Just as I thought! It was as I expected!!

 

"Well, you see, um... don't you think it's unnecessary to go that far? If it were me, with the money I received from Duke Valdek, I could have easily prepared the necessary furniture."

 

I can't tell Lady Ainya, but there are convenient electrical appliances that can operate even without outlets.

 

Perhaps depending on the item, Lady Ainya might discard the furniture she went to the trouble of preparing. Like sofas or beds, for example.

 

"What are you saying, dear?"

Volume 05 Chapter 03

 

Oh, what's this!? Why am I being scolded? And with Lady Ainya's face so close, it's even scarier!

 

"You're a hero for saving Reedgarum, so it's not strange to be thanked like this!"

 

"Huh, a hero!? Me?"

 

A hero, like those wicked dragons from myths, or defeating even the Demon King? I haven't done any of that, so I can't be called a hero, can I!?

 

"That's right! Not only did you resolve the issues in the Eastern District, but you also saved the hero from the demons! And on top of that, you saved Reedgarum Kingdom from an unprecedented crisis single-handedly! Who else would we call a hero!?"

 

"Wait, does this mean the citizens found out I subdued the zombie horde!?"

 

"No, it was Ellel who subdued the zombie horde. Only a few of us, including me, know the truth, so it's fine."

 

Oh, that's a relief. If it got out, this country would... huh?

 

"Huh? Why does Lady Ainya know that I subdued the zombie horde and can talk about it normally?"

 

While Duke Valdeck was trying to speak, he continued laughing uncontrollably due to the effects of the contract magic parchment.

 

"Oh, I'm fine because I didn't write on the contract magic parchment."

 

What did you sayyyyy!?

 

"W-Why didn't you write on it!?"

 

"More importantly, let's go to the living room quickly! We can't keep the husband waiting any longer!"

 

As Lady Ainya said this, she grabbed my arm and started walking.

 

Damn it! Being dodged again! I'll sulk now!!

 

Entering the living room with a sour expression, Duke Valdeck was sitting on a chair, with Alifa standing beside him, but who are the people with them?

 

"Umm, Duke Valdeck?"

 

"Hm? What is it, Erlaina? Or rather, now it's Ellel since Ainya is renting it."

 

I wish Duke Valdeck wouldn't call me Ellel too! But more importantly!!

 

"Who are the uncle and aunt over there?"

 

"Uncle!?"

 

"Pfft!!? Ahahahahahaha!?"

 

Huh? Is this reaction from Duke Valdeck and the others a sign that I said something bad?

 

"Do you, by any chance... not know the two here?"

 

"Oh, no. I don't know them."

 

Rather than trying to deceive, I decided to answer honestly to avoid going in the wrong direction.

 

"The two here are my brother Zeon and his wife Mayra."

 

Oh, Duke Valdeck's brother and the lady next to him are his wife... Wait a minute!?

 

"In short, they are the king and queen of Reedgarum Kingdom."

 

As Duke Valdeck spoke those words, my face turned pale as if I had been doused with cold water from head to toe.

0