Dark Reality: The Welcome
7 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jacob walks alongside Molly towards the main hall, where the welcoming ceremony for the new students of the school will take place. He carefully observes his surroundings as he follows Molly, taking note of large cylindrical concrete pillars. Larger blocks are stacked on top of each other to form the imposing walls of the school. Flags of different military ranks wave majestically, along with the flag of the capital.

"This seems more like a fortress than a school," exclaims Jacob in astonishment.

"Yes, indeed. Right here was the military headquarters during the Border Wars. Hundreds fought in this very place to defend their freedom. After the war, as an act of honor, the Great School of Knights was established. Since then, this place that once defended has become the one that educates the new generations," replies Molly as she moves ahead of Jacob.

After advancing a few more steps, an imposing double wooden door, so large that it dwarfs the students, stands before Jacob and Molly.

"Well, Jacob, we've arrived. Make sure to take your place... and see you later," says Molly as she disappears into the crowd.

Jacob waves goodbye to Molly. As he walks towards his designated spot, he observes hundreds of students seated in an orderly manner. The new members wear regular clothes, while the older students don uniforms similar to those of the entrance guards but with different logos on their shoulders. These logos depict swords, spears, shields, a badge in the shape of the dawn, a weapon emblem, among many others.

After finding his place, Jacob sits down and admires a large wooden esplanade in front of him. In that area, many older individuals with the same military attire, but with much more intricate details, are present. One of them stands up with a steady pace and heads towards the center.

"Welcome, new students, as well as those already studying in this honorable school. Today, we commence a new year, where many will come to know the teachings of this place, and others are already familiar with what is taught here. I welcome the new aspirants. May your will guide you towards the best outcome," declares the person who has risen with a firm and serious voice.

Next, another individual, somewhat young, around 30 years old, dressed formally in an impeccable military uniform with insignias on each shoulder, rises among the crowd. He walks with determination towards the front of the students, making it clear that he is the school director.

"Thirty years ago, in this very place, people fought for the freedom you now possess. Blood and tears were shed on these walls, where those individuals gave every last drop of effort for what you have today. With that same determination and dedication, you must learn those values and follow in the footsteps of our heroes. Here, you find descendants of those men now called heroes. You must honor that word and be the next heroes who will care for ordinary people. Never forget it. Your will shall guide you towards the outcome. Welcome!" proclaims the director with a strong and firm voice.

With a signal to the other teachers, everyone stands up and salutes the students in a military fashion, marking the beginning of a new stage for many.

Jacob, amazed by the inspiring words of the school leaders, realizes that all the students stand up in an orderly manner and head towards the exit. Without hesitation, he stands up and follows them to the exit, where large hand-written blackboards display the names of new and old students, indicating their study rooms.

Jacob keeps his gaze on the huge blackboards, searching for his name to know the location of his classes.

"All right, I hope to find my name quickly. It can't be, there are so many! But most importantly... I want to be with Molly," says Jacob excitedly, making some gestures in the air.

After searching for a while, Jacob finally finds his name. "Very well, I'm in class D! And most importantly... I'm with Molly. Yes!" he exclaims with joy as he looks at the blackboard.

"But I don't know how to get to class D. Besides, this place is too large; I'll probably get lost," says Jacob with fear in his words, as he is not well-oriented in this gigantic school.

"Well, there's nothing left but to ask," murmurs Jacob as he approaches some students in front of him.

"Excuse me, nice to meet you. I'm Jacob, and I just enrolled in this school, but I'm having trouble finding my way around. Could you help me?" says Jacob with a cheerful tone and a smile on his face to the new students.

"Hello, sure... What class are you in?" responds one of them.

"I'm in class D," Jacob replies with a smile on his face.

Upon mentioning his class, Jacob notices a smile forming on the faces of these students. "So, class D, huh?" comments one with a smile.

"Wow, so here we have a new pack mule who will clean our boot excrement," says another student.

With doubts in his mind, Jacob observes these guys, not understanding what they are saying. "Come on, donkey, don't just stand there dumbfounded. Take our backpacks and carry them, come on," orders one with a louder tone of voice.

Jacob, still not comprehending the words of the students, stands there without saying anything and with a puzzled expression. "You're not listening, donkey. Take our things and carry them," one of them shouts in his face.

"Does our donkey not understand with words? Perhaps he understands through blows, don't you think?" says another student with an irritated tone on Jacob's face. The same student takes advantage and kicks Jacob's legs, causing him to fall to the ground and hit himself.

"Now the donkey wants to rest, huh? Who gave you permission to rest, donkey?" they shout while Jacob lies on the ground, trying to comprehend the situation.

Tired of Jacob's lack of understanding, the students decide to launch themselves at him, hitting him consecutively on the ground. While this happens, the aggressors continue with their insults.

"You're useless, Jacob! Do you think you can be in our school?" shouts one of them while delivering blows to his body.

Another aggressor joins the attack, "Look how pathetic you are! Surely, you don't even deserve to be here. Who do you think you are to talk to us?"

Jacob, defenseless on the ground, receives increasingly strong blows. Meanwhile, another student observes the situation with annoyance, deciding to intervene. "Leave that guy alone!" he exclaims, throwing a strong punch that sends one of the aggressors flying.

Jacob, amidst confusion and pain, manages to glimpse the blurry figure intervening in his favor.

 

 
 
 
 
 
0