Chapter 1
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening my eyes, and somehow feeling lightheaded as if I was floating. No! I am floating!

Extending my limbs to the extent I could see it by my eyes, I could see my hands have no fingers nor any details to be pointed as a human. Recalling what happened in the previous, the reaper split me into two for unknown reasons, and the next thing I knew, I woke up with this.

Scanning around my surroundings without taking a step, I can assume I'm somewhere inside of a structure. Uneven walls with no windows, the ceiling was that of a cave, and there are no movements in the wind, a dead silent within this area.

Gazing back at my appearance again, I scanned it carefully. By touching both hands, I could feel it even though I can't see them. Proceeding to touch my face, I could feel the smooth surface of my face. And lastly, touching my whole body just to be sure it is there, I could still feel it.

I let out a long breath, and immediately think of what I am. However, before coming here, I was a ball piercing those colorful things.

That reminds me, whenever I pierce through the floating colors, some memories came up to me, hence I was able to comprehend things. I should be thankful to the lady I had pierced. Wait, that's me though, the lady I had pierced since I inherited her memories, her excessive knowledge, and wisdom. Not only her of course but the other floating colors I have pierced through.

I still don't know who I am, what am I or what purpose I am alive. Suddenly, that lady reminded me, she was just your everyday highschool girl yet she died from an explosion. Though I don't know what the cause is, everyone in the school should have died… I think... Afterward, she appeared in that plane

Hence, I think those beings were not just any floating colors, but the souls of a being. They were sent through that plane since they died from something if so, I could assume that the plane was the purgatory

Well, reuniting the lady (me as a replica) and her other seemingly classmate. She does not interact with someone which I am sad about, but most of the time, she spends it on reading and learning, and with just this lady, I was able to have a mind in that plane. Well, even if I reunite this lady, I'm just a replica of her. Moreover, the incident had happened in many years, I doubt that I could meet her classmates that still retained their memories. Not only that, how could I even interact with them? I mean they are just mindless souls. Wait… I'm missing the point here.

The reaper reaping the souls inside the purgatory, just where do those souls go? I mean, he reaped me right? That thought only came up to me just now, and up until I have done in that plane, it was the same as him. In other words, I was reaping souls… But just where those souls go? Assuming that the destination is here, I should be able to find them.

Even though I had said that I have a body of an invisible being. Could I even interact with them using this? Wait, do they even have a body? I could only hope so since they might have that appearance of a soul.

Wait, does she even want to reunite with them? I still don't know since I am unable to grasp this lady's wants and needs, in any case, I will have to live as I like, and somewhere down the road, may I find something to return the favor for this lady. Well, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to think in the first place.

I started to walk, or may I call float since, to begin with, I don't have any feet to walk with. If I recall using the lady's memory, I should be a ghost or an invisible anomaly. If I was still the same as my previous appearance like the ball, I would definitely know it because of the height.

Floating around in this area, nothing had changed from what I was doing in the previous plane. Just what am I doing here? And why am I here? Those are still the questions I have ever since I was born in that plain, or perhaps I am a soul in that plane with no memories. Just who am I? Am I that lady? Or am I the same as those souls but was able to think through the help of that lady. I don't know which is the correct answer.

Looking around in this area, where spikes were born from top and bottom, the echoes that the dripping water makes, and the sight that reaches to nowhere. I could only assume that I am inside a cave or a cavern.

Normally, a cave without the source of light should be dark, I could somehow see clearly in this cave. I roamed around as I usually do, and now that I am a ghost, am I still able to pierce through a being? The only reason to do that is, to be able to learn about this area, or perhaps a plane. Well, remembering what the reaper did to those souls, he sliced through the souls with his scythe, afterward, those souls become mist and fades away. Moreover, those souls did not return on that plane. In which the theory that they transported to somewhere is plausible.

Digging deep into this lady's knowledge, purgatory is either heaven or hell, a waiting area for the souls, in which they will be assigned where they would go. In other words, when I was reaped, I should be in hell due to this never ending tunnel. Wait, are you supposed to get reaped in order for you to be transported?

No way that's true.

Using the studies, there should be a being from heaven or hell to guide the souls to their domain. But this one doesn't have one. Wait, are these studies even true? I'm just thinking nonsense at this point and still don't know. Well, aside from that theory. I see no hell-like here.

I am ashamed thinking that… I am a ghost, aren't I? I could only laugh at that. Also, besides being a ghost, I don't have a name to call myself.

Now that I think of that, I'm a ghost, aren't I? I just thought of it logically, it might not even be real since I don't know what my real appearance is. And so, I test it out via the wall! I have heard that ghosts can walk through anything! So I came closer to a wall and floated straight to it.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! That hurt!

To my surprise and pain, I certified not a ghost, because I was not able to walk through the steep wall that is purely made out of stone. First the face, and second the body, they made an eventful sound upon impact. The sensation of pain was new to me, so I was not able to withstand it and fall at my back. That hurt… A lot…

What is this? Why is the world spinning so violently? I don't understand!

Part 2

After laying down on the ground for a bit, I waited for that unknown phenomenon to fade. Did an earthquake just happen? Looking at the lady's memories, I could assume so. But this lady did have any similar incidents like this happened to her, so I assume not.

And so, the question whether am I a ghost or not, I could assume not? I slightly tilted my head to the degree I can see my torso and toes

Just below my waist down to my toes, It was completely nonexistent, I gave my condolences to it. Other than that, I seem to be wearing a piece of white clothing but it was fading towards the end. Looking at my arm by extending it, the white clothing extends. And forcing myself to make fingertips, it was nearly impossible to do. This is exactly what a ghost's appearance is, or it was for the lady. However, since the lady is the smartest one in her entire school, I could trust her information and knowledge.

I stood up from the ground and resumed my floating.

Soon, when I felt the humid air started to crawl in my nonexistent body, I could assume that there is something up ahead. The scene of stones and spikes never change, it was as if in a loop, however, I could not assume so because I was walking straight. This tunnel had yet to intertwine with the other path that leads to nowhere.

All of a sudden, the thought of meeting with other people came up to me. If I was able to meet a human, should I greet them? Like boo~

Haha, just kidding~ I'm sure that the human would likely be scared since the ghost is the symbol of fear for them. So, interacting with humans is a no-go, unless if I find some ways to deal with it, I will do so, all for the reason that I may interact with the society of humans, or perhaps this lady's classmates.

Well, looking at the memories of this lady, her previous life was filled with bliss food, and I want to eat those too. Also, interacting with this lady's classmate, I might be able to get help from them! It was a doable plan. I hope… I'm a ghost, so I don't know what will happen. Quite the terrifying thought.

All of a sudden, the tunnel up ahead, glows a faint blue color as if inviting me there. Well duh, in the first place, I have no other ways to go through. I hastened my floating pace and got there in no time.

Entering what connected on this tunnel, the source of faint blue shine was visible. I looked at the huge glowing crystal below since it was situated in the middle of this vast room, and carefully looking at the layout of this room, it was almost as if this room was a stadium. The tunnel I exited was far above the ground, and there was no pathway to avoid the glowing crystal. The only thing was a path leading to the ground, and it hugs to the stone wall with a steep descent.

Where am I? It was unlike the lady's world. Where buildings were seen here and there, wherever she goes. In addition, if that crystal with numerous distorted spikes growing out from it, were to be seen by a human. Surely, humans will become rich in no time and doubt. Just looking at it, I could assume it's a diamond.

Observing the descending pathway, it was made that those who walk down, will never go up again. Unless they try very hard and have some types of equipment that could help them ascend. Before going down, I look at the surrounding of the room.

Far behind the crystal, there were three-headed dogs from the body of a lion, it clad in emerald scales as it perfectly reflects the bluish color emitted by the crystal. Moreover, its chin rested at its crossed legs, clearly dozing off. But most importantly, why does that dog have another two heads from another dog? Not only that, it is blocking the way to another tunnel.

Looking at the sides in this room, there was no way out but the dog which was covering the entrance of another tunnel. Furthermore, collecting the memories of the lady, it seems that this dog is a Cerberus from Greek mythology. A being with a job to protect a gate or an entrance of something.

So is this hell? Am I going to hell? I don't know what the correct answer is. Just looking at Cerberus, it was looking healthy and well. So, is this still not what this lady's world is? Questions flooded my mind, but it didn't stop me from moving. I hurriedly descended down the pathway.

Part 3

Landing on the ground floor, I still could not feel the cold on my feet. But I did not bother that unnecessary question and move forward onto the crystal gleaming faint blue. Taking the advantage that I am now a ghost, I should be nowhere to be seen at sight, or I hope it should be.

On the crystal, it did not have any properties to reflect an image. I was able to confirm it since the ground was not even seen. I sigh in relief, I'm quite afraid if I have an ugly face. Well, you know what they say, ghosts are really ugly and terrifying if you see one.

And now that I said that, should I really look at it? I will surely brace for the results!

I move closer to the crystal to seek what content is inside, of course, when my nonexistent face impacts the icy-cold surface, I stop to avoid that out-of-nowhere violent spin. Inside the crystal was a slimy blue-like liquid that was providing the dim lighting of this room, and also, bubbles sprout forth in the center. But I don't why it reacts like that.

Seeking a similar phenomenon on this lady's memory, I conclude it with the carbonated drinks and some other foods. At that moment, something appeared at the surface of the crystal, it startled me and if I had a mouth, I would surely let out a shriek.

I pushed myself away from the crystal. Doing so, I lost my balance and fell on my back, this is the second time I have fallen ever since I got here! Although it doesn't really hurt me nor give any lingering pain, it somehow makes me look like I'm clumsy or something.

After fixing my posture, I returned a gaze with a puzzled expression, at its exterior was a box that followed the parts of the distorted crystal, it has a pure white color and it did shimmer as the crystal did, but instead, it had a very different glow. And its size was fixed to the edges of the crystal.

Aside from it, there are scribbles dyed in a color of black, which almost appears that it was written with a brute force. The scribbles were not readable from here, and so I came closer to it. Reading and Writing for me was not a problem despite being unable to write for many years, comprehension was not a problem either.

After reading the contents, I was shocked by it.

[ - Welcome to the Ludyra Labyrinth! No name, lesser spirit! -]

1