Chapter 3
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Skill [Control lv.4] is too low to control that object]

And followed with a monotone voice that could not be identified whether it is a boy or a girl. Though, that case was not important. The dog seems to notice what I was doing, and throws itself onto me. 

It’s sharp nails dug deep into my torso as I could feel an unimaginable pain digging to my very insides. Moreover, I was pinned to the ground and could unlikely move. My mind is screaming from this agonizing pain, yet my mouth was not able to procure the words I want to yell.

Then, the dog synchronizes its gesture and howls loudly while facing me, making my ears ring itself, and destroying my thoughts. I trembled endlessly as I looked directly at the dog’s giant mouth that can eat me entirely. Sharp teeth that could lock onto anyone that dares to seek a beast like him.

I am scared, I know that for a fact. Both the feeling of fear and pain mixed together, there are also other feelings such as giving up, sinking into despair, and don’t want to die. And these feelings were the culprits for making me unable to think. 

But, almost instinctively, or might be this lady’s instinct and acted to save me, I controlled the crystal shards that were thrown into the ground and made it strike the dog before me. 

Numerous shards, small or large, most of them impaled at the dog’s head and fresh red blood was gushing out from it. It all happened in a brief second and I was not able to comprehend what happened.

Some of the crystal was large enough to penetrate its very skin and exited from its body, soon continued to harrassed the dog. The dog’s miserable cry and sound of breaking its bone warped the filled the room with it.

The dog continued to struggle for survival, it even tried to strike me. But another crystal with the same size as me, it impacts onto its face and completely destroyed its counter-attack. The dog was thrown away a few meters, collapsed and did not raise itself anymore. 

Was it me? The one who killed the dog? How was I able to cast control? Or perhaps it was my adrenaline rush kicking in. But, the good news that I only want to know right now, is that the dog was not moving anymore.

In the first place, how was I able to kill it? Remembering my status, it is unlikely that I could win against that dog. I mean, he should be at least around a hundred or a thousand on its base stats. There was no definite answer, but if it turns out to be real that I could single-handedly kill this dog, this game is rigged. 

Actually no… As the crystal floats in front of me, I came up with an answer. 

The main culprit was you! The crystal! Therefore I give my thanks to you!  

Part 2

Recollecting what happened again, the dog attacked me and I took my counter-attack by doing it unconsciously, or perhaps it was this lady’s instinct. Either way, I somehow made it alive… by killing the three-headed dogs of course.

What choice do I have? Wait, I think I have one. But I currently don’t have it on me, nor will I have something to get it. If following the Mythology, I think a lyre should do right? Urgh! I hate myself!

I swiveled my head side to side just to forget the heavy feeling weighing me down, perhaps is this the feeling of guilt? Maybe… 

I fixed my posture by making myself sit. Somehow, I could not feel pain anymore nor, the fear filling me to the brim. All of a sudden, Something appeared before me, or should I call it a window? I don’t know what to call it, but I assume so by using the lady’s memories as evidence.

[ - Level proficiency reached. Individual no name Lv.1 has leveled into individual no name lv.30 -]

[- Skill proficiency reached. Skill [Control lv.4] raised into [control lv.6]

[ - Conditions met. Acquired skill [stealth lv.1] - ]

[ - conditions met. Acquired skill [stabbing lv.1]- ]

[- passive skill proficiency reached. The passive skill [pain resistance Lv.2] raised into [pain resistance lv.3]

[ - level up bonus has been added in your status -]

Three windows overlapping each other, but the following monotone voice was organized. It seems this is not hell, but rather a game-like world. But why did that reaper send me here? Isn’t it supposedly a hell world?

I didn’t bother questioning more and just assumed that this is a game-like world. I can somehow understand the concept of this game-like world just by looking at the memories where I was looking at the status. But I am not a hundred percent sure, because I am not familiar with this, and only guiding myself with this lady’s memories.

How was I able to kill this dog despite how amateur I am, and only two answers are valid, which the crystal shard’s damage is high, or the dog is already wounded. I don’t know what the fact was since I was lacking a lot of information.

But there is no use in arguing how I killed it, what done is done! I have to be thankful for my luck that I was able to save myself! 

I stood up from the ground, and the windows before me seem to fade long ago. I then use my specialty, which is to dig into memories! Not from this lady, but for me! Remembering that feeling of being able to control the skill, I was able to make myself get used to it. Moreover, looking closely at the dog before it had been impaled by numerous shards, it was not wounded at all.

Therefore, the only answer is that the shards were too powerful for it! It also sums up to what the dog is guarding, or perhaps there was something on the other side. I rather not think about it now and focus on my problem.

I used my skill [control] and combined all the shards into one piece again, even if it was soaked by blood, I shook it off. Wait, blood? I’m truly forgetting the feeling of guilt, aren’t I? Or might be because I am just a monster. However, this lady is human, and her institution, memories, wisdom, and knowledge are mixing as well.

No, I must not copy this lady entirely, since I have my own will. But I am thankful for his lady’s memory,

Thinking deeply, the shattered broken shards came along to one piece, and I could see my status again. 

[Lvl: 30 Name: N/A Race: Lesser spirit. 

Racial Lv.1 Rank: G

Job class: Spirit lv.1 Sub job: N/A

HP: 150/150

MP: 294/300 

<<Base stat>>

Offensive ability: 70 [+20 bonus]

Magical power: 86 [+20 bonus]

Resistance: 158 [+20 bonus]

Agility: 77 [+20 bonus]

<<Skill>>

[possess lv.1] [control lv.6]

<<P.skill>>

[Physical resistance lv.9] [Pain resistance lv.3]

<<title>>

[Beast]

All of a sudden, another window appeared before me. Of course, it is a different case from my status, which I could clearly see on the crystal glass.

1