CH2: ROB Returns
178 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the after-glow, I told Moka about myself, my family, and the basics of ranking. Maybe there was something wrong with me, but the first step to forming a lasting relationship was to hold out my hand in trust. She was a little distracted at the time with the loss of her rosary.

 

We found it eventually, in pieces. I understood the importance of family heirlooms and items of power. Only she becomes more powerful by taking it off. There was something about limiters used by vampires and hers being a special tool that created a fake personality that mirrored her mother.

 

The headmaster started ranting, and after two hours, he hadn't stopped.

 

Moka and I sat in the headmaster's office while the man completely freaked out. On his desk was the rosary Moka wore in two pieces. The holy energy within was long gone, along with the fake personality.

 

Only that wasn't all there was to it. Moka's rosary also held back some uber vampire that sounded more like a strong rank 4 than an actual problem. Yeah, a 10,000+ physical and or mental attribute combination was intimidating but hardly unassailable. The headmaster, Tenmei Mikogami, while hiding his full power, felt like a low rank 3. So 500+ physical and or mental attributes up to 10k.

 

I could easily feel the power hidden behind holy locks as a being that once reached rank 3 myself. The headmaster was limited by this world and couldn't rise to rank 4, or he didn't dare to seek out the power needed to climb a rank.

 

That wasn't an insult. Without some time to cultivate the refined blood, I was still at rank 1. Climbing the ranks through Easton cultivation technique that I half knew was going to be an experience. I needed more blood of various monsters to really cultivate. I might need weeks to reach rank 2 and months for rank 3. Rank 4 was years away without a massive stockpile of blood from either very powerful monsters or lots of blood. Quantity could be a quality all its own, given enough numbers. All of that would have to wait, though, because the white robe-wearing man with glowing eyes was freaking out.

 

"What am I going to do with you two? My plans are ruined before they can even begin. You were destined to fall in love with Aono Tsukune, the human boy, and give him your blood. I hand-picked him out of thousands of possible candidates. He was the only one plain enough with no true ambitions besides loving a woman. You were supposed to frighten him in your inner form and be kind in your outer form, endearing him to you. This important dichotomy would have drawn him ever closer to you until the dangers of the school would have forced you to give him blood to survive."

 

Moka glared at the exorcist with eyes full of hate. "I don't know who this Tsukune is, and I don't care. What do your plans matter with my rosary broken?"

 

The man looked like he could rip his hair out at any moment. "Alucard will awaken and destroy the human world. Your rosary was the seal that not only kept your Shinso blood in check it also restrained his body. Nothing is stopping him from awakening. We could have months before he attacks the world. There isn't enough strength in we dark lords to counter him again."

 

Shinso was an hour-long explanation for a type of variant that wasn't even the peak of the rank from what I could tell. Why were monsters here so limited compared to my world? At least they seemed to be able to transform into cute girls. My efforts to turn the male population of this school gay required more pure mana.

 

What better crisis to solve than the one I created myself.

 

"Alright, if you want to give up, then leave it to me. With the right resources, I can quickly grow strong enough to defeat Dracula. I want the privilege of skipping classes whenever I want, blood samples of every monster you can get your hands on, and any magic metals you can find for me."

 

The man stood up and stared at me in incomprehension. "Are you human or some kind of devil in disguise?" The headmaster said.

 

"This is hardly one-sided. I just want every sample of monster blood you have to fuel my cultivation. If that's too hard, then rob a few blood banks to pad it out." I said.

 

"Where does this come from you should be a normal human by all reports?" I pulled a nicknack off the man's desk to hover over my hand. "I sense no youki from you."

 

I nodded. Local energy sources aside, without a steady, powerful resource like monster blood I would need to substitute with an equivalent. Human blood was really necessary. I could go to a slaughterhouse and collect gallons of cow blood. That might be what I had to do if the headmaster flakes.

 

Once I gained enough fuel, I could cultivate. Easton didn't use attributes from their system. If I could reach the 4th rank or Nascent Soul, Alucard wouldn't be a problem. Resources were the bottleneck.

 

"I had so many plans." Tenmei Mikogami said.

 

The priestly-looking man had a very Weston look for a man with an Easton name. Then again, we were currently on a small island off the coast of an Easton like continent.

 

Moka chuckled, and I could hear the smug radiating from her voice.

 

"That was your mistake. Your plans to manipulate my life are over." Moka said.

 

Really, I didn't mean to shatter the rosary. It was in my hand, and I accidentally used a psychic lance. That was the end of the magic item. Maybe they should have used something stronger if they didn't want it to break.

 

I blamed Rob. He put me in a situation where there was no choice but to defend myself. "I had bullies, perverts, and a school terrorist lined up. I've even let the school safety community become corrupt to give you a challenge." Mokogami said.

 

"Really, it's ok don't go through the trouble. Just announce a blood drive offer free cocaine or whatever teens in this world like. I'm sure you'll have people fighting to give blood." I said.

 

From what I heard, cocaine was obviously a substance like attribute fruit limited to the wealthy. It would make students far more productive, like Easton spirit tea, only stronger.

 

"You don't seem to take our situation seriously."

 

A rank 4 without anything to oppose, it was a world killer. That couldn't be denied. A few months wasn't a lot of time. From what I've read, most cultivators took centuries to reach rank 4. Rushing it would extend the wait to rank 5 without some miraculous resources.  

 

"I don't remember the creature you speak of, so it might as well be a fairy tale," Moka said.

 

"Your memories were erased when you were 10, so of course you don't remember." The headmaster said.

 

I stood up. "I think we're done. Get my cultivation resources, or we'll leave the school and you to deal with this mess."

 

Moka blushed. "You could have some of my blood," Moka said.

 

We left Mikogami's office and separated to find our dorms.

 

 

The golden drops flowed into my meridians, pushing black waste out of my pours as I meditated on the bathroom floor. I could feel the three golden drops in my dantian slowly drain into my opening Meridians. Every little bit pushed open my long-atrophied spirit circulation system, nurturing my soul and repairing the damage. Another drop fell in, but it wasn't enough to stop the inevitable. I didn't have the resources to cultivate long.

 

My eyes slowly opened, and I sighed. It would take time for more golden drops to fill up my Dantian. The only answer to that problem was to raise my skill level.

 

Sky Fiend Apotheosis (3) lvl4

 

"You stink," I threw a punch that was blocked by an arm cut and molded from the night sky. "I don't think you heard me. No bitches for you. You should have acted like a good gamer when you had the chance." The ROB said.

 

The levels gained from my victory over Moka vanished, depleting the dummy skill's connection to the system.  

 

"You certainly are a petty little thing," I said.

 

My barriers shattered, and I felt a blow strike me too fast to see. I spat a broken tooth out and watched it circle the drain before falling down. That would take a few days to heal naturally.

 

"I thought about how I should punish you when it came to me. Moka was a blank slate when she met you but what if she wasn't. I'm giving them all their end-of-series memories as if they went back in time. Moka will see you as a murderer." The ROB grinned. "Kill yourself, there will be no bitches for you." The ROB said.

 

This guy was the worst kind of bully. He acted like he thought alphas did, even though he was a beta cuck. That thought gave me some ideas, and the skills fit together like magic.

 

He tried again to read my mind, but it was easier to resist him than before. Information flowed from the ROB to my system, showing me over 2 years of history of Tsukune Aono and his little monster harem. I was sure he would level Yaoi to 100 within the year.

 

I rubbed my cheek; it had been a hell of a blow but not a rank 5 blow. It was the equivalent of a rank 3, maybe a little stronger. My barriers were stronger than when I fought Moka with a few ranks the ROB wouldn't be able to shatter them easily. Even my little bit of cultivation had given me the attributes to resist him. With a weapon I could use my rank 5 skill Cosmic Slayer and kill the bastard.

 

Seeing the full harem only gave me faces to the names from the quests.

 

"Don’t you ever think? I see something behind your eyes, but nothing is there. Fighter might have been the perfect class for you.” The ROB said.

 

My fell, and psychic energy moved sluggishly to my command. I needed time to practice. More than that I needed to build a training regime that would see my skills level quickly.

 

Using multiple skills at the same time would be best. Though without a steady supply of blood, I didn’t dare use Black Umbilical beyond fell energy manipulation. It would push rank 4 fell energy into my body, breaking me and remaking my body stronger and hungrier. If I had a reliable system, I could get attributes from training with it.

 

The ROB stood in the middle of my bathroom, staring at me. “Are you done, or should I return the favor?” I asked.

 

The ROB snorted. “What could you possibly do to me? You know what? Go ahead, give it your best shot.”

 

“Really,” I asked.

 

“Go right ahead. Show me the strength of a level 1 fighter. I won’t even hit you back.” The ROB said with a snort.

 

“Alright, if that’s what you want.” I pulled my fist back and loaded Yaoi, Submissive, and Cuckold into it, my own set of curses primed and ready. Thanks to the ROB I knew how to attach skills to souls. “I’m waiting.”

 

I punched him and felt all three skills attached to his soul. Another blow took one of my front teeth. The ROB glanced away and stared into space.

 

“How is my system updating. I didn’t design these. How did they get here? No, I don’t want skills like these. Who would dare prank me? Is it one of the Naruto?”

 

I smirked, showing off my broken smile. “Is something wrong?”

 

“Nothing you could accomplish. As you can see, I am unaffected by your pathetic attempt to damage me. You are lucky I have other things to worry about than a weakling like you. A word of advice, try leveling your power strike. Those flashes of light were pathetic. Your whole arm should glow when you use it.” The ROB looked to be messing with a floating keyboard and growled. “Why can’t I delete these skills?”

 

In a flash of light, the ROB was gone, leaving me to rub my jaw. Once more, I was fucked over by that guy, but this time I got my own hits in. All I did was encrypt my skills and hide them in his system. The ROB’s personal system seemed to be encrypted through the roof. Still, some parts resembled the framework of the system he stuck on my dummy.

 

The guy was too prideful to realize I could have given him those skills. I grinned, completely satisfied with my actions.

 

Another session of cultivation left me smelling like rot, and I had to shower it off. I couldn’t sleep, so I spent my time creating needle constructs with plungers to pull blood away from a monster’s yoki field. They weren’t hard to make, and if a long rang blood drain didn’t require psychic energy, they wouldn’t be needed. I didn’t think it would come to it, but my regeneration and cultivation relied on blood.

 

When the sun rose, I felt exhausted. I raised my hand, and a needle made from a mix of fell and psychic energy appeared. With a flick of my will, it impaled a wooden post, and the stopper pulled back.

 

 

I tried to meet Moka, but she was already gone. Pretending I couldn’t sense her mind and find her at any time was difficult. There were others around her talking about the guy. She had one day with me and two years with Tsukune. I wondered how we compared. When I focused my attention faces appeared in my mind’s eyes of the few characters that appeared in the memories. Tsukune was with Ginei Morioka, talking like old friends.

 

More people than Tsukune’s harem had their memories restored or the ROB considered all of these people members of Tsukune’s harem. That or the ROB was lazier with telepathy than I thought. He mass-uploaded memories of the other timeline.

 

Well, what was a harem but the friends made along the way? Nah, Tsukune was definitely into bussy.

 

I shook my head. I had hoped to never use that dreaded term.

 

Less than a few minutes later, I found Moka glaring at an angry succubus with a witch waving her wand around. A kunia made of ice shattered on my barrier, and a purple-haired girl stepped out from behind a tree.

 

Moka spotted me and flinched. “Atom, what’s going on? I remember things that we had sex. I betrayed Tsukune, did you know?”

 

“Yes,” Tsukune said as he approached. “I’m not a vampire. A Jotun gave me her blood. Despite the changes, this guy was strange from the start. He attacked me when I confronted him. Gajin can’t be trusted.”

 

Kurumu ran to him, and the second Tsukune saw her breasts, he turned his head away and made a face of revulsion. He was like a baboon with a harem; eventually, they all turn gay.

 

“Is that true? Did you attack him because of me or because of us? You destroyed outer Moka. Was it because she would have seen through your act.” Moka said.

 

“Until last night, I would have had no idea what you’re talking about,” I said.

 

Moka looked between Tsukune and me, completely unsure.

 

“He isn’t much to look at barely even a man compared to Tsukune,” Yukari said.

 

Cultivation had made my skin shiny and clear after my first session but even I had a heart. I flexed my PK a little.

 

The tip of her wand snapped off and fell harmlessly to the ground. “What just happened?”

 

Moka’s eyes widened. “A witch needs their tool to channel their power.”

 

Ginei, the werewolf pervert, shot forward at incredible speeds and slammed two clawed feet on my barrier. I created a needle from fell and psychic energy and shot it forward the moment his feet impacted my barrier. The half-transformed werewolf stared at the hypodermic needle in his thigh before the plunger pulled back, drawing lots of blood. I used blood drain to take blood from the wound even as it was drawn out and away from his yoki field. More ice kunai hit my barrier as another hypodermic needle blasted at her, only to crack an ice sculpture.

 

“You aren’t fighting to defeat us. You stated your goal to the headmaster.” Moka said.

 

I rolled my eyes. “If someone tossed you a bag of fresh human blood, would you let it go to waste? On second thought your answer to that question better be no because this is not the same situation.”

 

“You aren’t taking us seriously,” Moka said.

 

“Before I died and was brought to this world, my body was stronger than your headmaster. I’m used to fighting enemies far stronger and faster than any of you.”

 

“You stole my first time from Tsukune,” Moka said.

 

“Your memories are of another life. He isn’t the Tsukune of your time. Even with the original Tsukune’s memories, they aren’t the same.” I said.

 

“Don’t let him fool you, Moka. He’s just trying to buy time. He might be protecting himself, but he hasn’t moved from his spot.” Yukari said.

 

A needle stabbed her in the thigh, and she screamed. “If you want me to move, I can, but even if this entire school turned against me, I would win,” I said.

 

Kurumu transformed and slashed at my barrier. Layers of psychic energy tore away leaving a small protective film of fell before a second layer of my barrier. My needle poked her in the femoral artery.

 

Moka chose that moment to move and shattered it before aiming a deadly kick at my head. I felt the bones in my neck snap, my jaw deform, bones shattered, and my body flew into a nearby building.

 

My body slowly regenerated using the drained blood as fuel, hastening the process. With the rosary destroyed Moka grew stronger much faster. That was something to remember. Golden drops fell into my Dantian as the lion’s share was burned away and my jaw reassembled. My head was turned all the way around, and I couldn’t feel my body from the neck down.

 

I felt Moka land behind me. Rocks and desks shot at her, but she weaved through them without breaking a sweat. She really had grown stronger. I was just a hair’s breath too slow I needed more practice with my skills. That was if I managed to dig myself out of this hole.

 

“When I close my eyes the only person who touched me was you. Though we only knew each other for a short time, I knew it was me you cared about and not an imitation. I didn’t have these memories yesterday and now I feel like I’ve fallen in love with Tsukune. Slowly, step by step, he struggled to earn my affection. You took it, and I no longer know what to feel. All I’m sure of is I don’t want you to die.” Moka lowered herself, and I picked myself up.

 

Slowly, my neck snapped back around until it faced the proper position, and the bones healed at the cost of emptying my blood supply. “That’s right, at the height of your strength, I could compare you to high-rank 3s,” I said.

 

Moka smiled in the way she did when I insulted her. At least she wasn’t finishing the job. Pieces of the building fell around us, but I made no move to continue hostilities. The only viable move was to take to the air, and I didn’t know if she could use her wings or not.

 

“Alucard was a rank 4. I recall blasting holes through him.” Moka said.

 

“My estimate was due to his projected ability to wipe out the human species. After reviewing his abilities I’ve concluded that he isn’t rank 4. I don’t think he can survive a WMD.” I said.

 

“You forgot his eggs. There are clones of him all over the world. With my rosary broken, my mother can’t give him a change of heart.” Moka said.

 

I sucked in a breath and let it out. There was so much I could do to grow stronger, but I needed time. With only a few weeks of cultivation, I could have subdued them all. What was I a cultivator? That wouldn’t change the fact that we had a real rank 4 threat.

 

“Fuck,” I said.

 

I shifted into a sitting position and groaned at the aching up and down my spine. That would take time to heal. I needed far more blood.

 

“Language, this is a school,” Moka said.

 

“I don’t think anyone can stop him. Change of plans then.”

 

“What are you going to try and join my stepmother?” Moka asked.

 

“Don’t be silly. Gyokuro is a useful idiot. Alucard doesn’t need her and he’s set to take his revenge. The only tool that might have controlled him is gone. We should jump timelines.” I said.

 

I have memories from the other one. What happened to us in that timeline?” Moka asked.

 

“It ends where your memories do, only to loop around endlessly.”

 

Moka stared at me in abject horror at my speculation.  

 

“Or maybe you could only handle so many memories at once.” I sighed and rubbed my aching cheek.” You don’t seem to want to show me my place like a bondage mistress anymore,” I said.

 

Her leg flashed and rested on my neck, leaving a shattered barrier behind. “Have you already forgotten it?”

 

“Enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime superiority while you can,” I said.

 

“I’m aware that time is on your side if you tell the truth, but I’m not certain if I want you here at this school, outside the barrier, or dead. So long as you live, you will be a threat to my relationship with Tsukune and a blemish on my purity.”

 

I chuckled; I couldn’t help it. She had cemented it fully in my mind. The ROB would die.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

“Nothing, you wouldn’t get it. I already told you this isn’t the Tsukune you remember. The timid boy you remember wouldn’t have called someone minding their own business a Gajin and then get in their face. He certainly wouldn’t lie about it to continue stringing all of you along.”

 

 

 

“So, what if he lied or is stringing us along. That has nothing to do with you.” Moka said.

 

Her words were harsh, and I debated lashing back with bits of her past. I couldn’t stay here it wasn’t in my best interest. I could cultivate much faster in the real world. Also, Ruby was still in the Witch’s Knoll with her master. Maybe she was trying to convince her to forgive humans. It was an opportunity to get a little revenge.

 

 Before I left, I thought about giving her skills that would guarantee she would come back to me. Maybe it was a weakness that stayed my hand or pride. A few well-placed blows with telekinesis took out the roof and finished the building’s collapse. Moka dodged backward and suddenly looked concerned as rubble fell.

 

I covered myself in a barrier, hovered through the rubble, and floated higher with telekinesis. Moka climbed to the top of the tallest building and stared at me. My barrier touched the grand barrier, stopping my escape. That was fine. I knew a trick or two.

 

Golden light mixed with the psychic energy was purer than the rest. I formed a small coating around myself and pressed against the barrier. Like a soap bubble, I floated through it and out the other side. It was a psychic lance that destroyed the rosary, so a pure psychic barrier would most likely let me pass through the barrier.

 

I had no past the body I took over was an orphan that happened to win a scholarship to this school thanks to the ROB. Yokai Academy was behind me, and I hadn’t attended a single class.

 

 

A trucker with a cargo hold full of hogs destined for the local slaughterhouse had stopped at a gas station to fuel up. The man never saw me, and I broke all the cameras as I climbed into the back of the carrier. Over 500 hogs filled the livestock transport, which was perfect for me.

 

The truck started as I implanted a desire into the man. He had a new destination: the Witch’s Knoll. Ruby might not have received the updated memories, or she might not have been able to escape her master yet.

 

I drained the hogs of blood slowly while meditating. Black filth was continuously expunged from my pours as a small drop of gold filled my Dantian and moved through awakening Meridians. Hogs died drained dry one after the other as I filled my skill with quantity instead of quality.

 

Reaching the Pillar Construction before we arrived sounded difficult. However, I still had the dredges of the blood stolen from the academy. All I had to do was mix the blood of the hogs with it.

 

Between meditation, I started decrypting the world jump setting. I found several additions like temporal stasis when departing worlds, timeline resets, and a construct to limit the type of worlds I could find. While I identified the functions I couldn’t replicate them without far more study. It could take months or years to gain any ground.

 

The system was the ROB’s means of tracking me and potentially my means to find him. Once I knew enough, I fully planned to shatter the connection and escape his view.  

 

Check out my other work rate it, add it to your library, and show it some love. 

Wrath Farmer

1