Being followed!
945 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54

'What the fuck!? Was that a big amount to these people? They're going to bid more, right?'

Oliver heard the auctioneer suddenly announce.

"200 million Neden, is no one willing to bid higher?"

His heart sank when he heard that; he couldn't afford that at all nor did he intend to buy that ugly demon.

"220 million."

Fortunately for him, the bidding resumed as he heaved a sigh of relief and almost slumped back into the plump cushion of his chair.

In fact, 200 million was indeed not too big of an amount for the people above; they all belonged to wealthy backgrounds.

The reason that there was silence in the hall was due to the fact that someone like him who appeared to be nothing more than an attention-grabbing stupid brat dared to bid such an amount casually.

Not to mention, him directly provoking the people on the floor above was also very brave of him.

Some people could not help but secretly admire the thick skin of brainless young masters!

Sure enough, the rich young masters didn't care about the future; they lived in the present and offended people left and right without giving face to their status.

"Cough.."

Oliver coughed awkwardly as he remained silent and didn't dare to joke around more.

"240 million…"

The bid had reached a great scale and now even the people on the second floor were hesitant to spend more, pondering if they should bid more or stop.

It was at that moment when a cold feminine voice cut through every thought across the hall.

"300 million Neden."

A huge amount which directly extinguished any hesitance others had.

Jenna Sullivan had placed her bid!

The air was oppressive and no one dared to bid against her. They all were aware of how terrifying this woman was.

Despite being in the territory of Mystic Purge Clan, she operated without fear and was ruthless; she belonged to the Black Codex Federation.

One of the executives of that giant superpower!

It was not their place to even dream to compete with her.

They knew that unless you were someone from an equal background to her or greater, you practically had no chance to win against her in terms of money.

And many people were aware that she was a narrow-minded woman and would attack them in other ways if they offended her in the future.

It was better to not mess with her and get on bad terms with the Black Codex Federation for this demon.

In a way, she was very similar to Oliver.

The auctioneer saw this and directly announced.

"The item now belongs to number 37! Congratulations!"

"With this, the auction also ends. Buyers can collect their purchased items from behind the hallway. The servants will be attending to your needs and all transactions will take place there. Thank you for attending the auction!"

With that, the auctioneer left and the men also took the caged demon away.

"Congratulations, sir, for your purchase. Please come this way… we will proceed with the transactions here. Your item is in this package."

A polite man said to Oliver as he handed him a small glass box with the stone in it.

"Alright, lead the way."

He told the man as he looked around to see many of the guests inspecting their items and making payments to the staff.

He had already checked using [Cosmic Void Gaze] and verified it was the real thing that the man had given him.

Of course, he was still in his mask and cap.

"Oh! Miss Sullivan, I am honored to be graced by your presence today!"

A fat woman in a sparkling red dress said aloud, not caring about surroundings.

Behind her were three exorcists serving as guards as well.

It was evident that she was probably the manager of today's event and has personally come to deliver items Jenna had purchased to her.

Jenna was a superior person unlike the ordinary him so it was normal for her to be received by high-profiled people as well.

"Don't waste my time. Hurry up and bring the items."

Jenna replied in a tone colder than ice, making the surrounding people gasp.

The fat woman in the red dress could not help but pop a vein on her forehead in anger, but she still maintained a professional strained smile.

"As you wish, they will be here shortly, well, if you'll excuse me."

The woman in red quickly left before suffering any further insult. She could not argue with Jenna; she was not in a position to in the first place.

Jenna's status and power were way above hers, so she could only bear it.

Oliver who was far and heard it could not help but exclaim secretly at her unfriendliness and lack of IQ.

With this sort of attitude, he could only imagine the number of people she must have offended in the past.

No wonder, she was so cold!

She must have no friends!

Jenna, who was impatient, felt his gaze and turned her head to look at him. She felt he was again looking at her pitifully, which she didn't like at all for some reason.

She frowned and ignored him; she had made it clear that she did not want to be related to him in the public or it'll bring annoyances her way considering his special status.

It was clear she wanted her relationship with him to be strictly professional.

Oliver saw this and did not look at her again.

He took out the black card and handed it to the polite staff to make the transaction.

The man looked at the golden 'C' engraved on the card and could not help but feel surprised.

Someone else from the Black Codex Federation?

Nonetheless, he quickly did the payment and escorted him out.

_________________

After coming out of the auction, he heaved a breath of relief.

Fortunately, he did not encounter troublesome things at the auction, and everything went smoothly.

"I should get going now…"

He walked towards the exit of the market but in the middle of his way, he suddenly turned around.

He moved in random directions and stopped.

'I am being followed? Who is it?'

He wondered; he could sense the other party tailing behind him trying to be discrete, but he was able to catch their movements.

It indicated one thing!

They were novices and didn't know that he had already sensed them.

Shaking his head, he decided to confront the person directly; he didn't want someone to follow him back to his courtyard and bother him at night.

He quietly led his follower towards a desolate and silent area, somewhat far away from the bustling marketplace.

Suddenly he turned backward and rushed to the person in cloak!
_______________________

Subscribe to my Patreon Page if you're liking the work so far!
Page
Also, don't miss the fun at my discord server: Discord

33