Chapter 3: First Mission
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Cang felt a surge of satisfaction because, for once, he had outsmarted the system and even gained some benefit. As he looked at the compensation package, he couldn't help but feel that all the scolding and humiliation he had endured were worth it. Just as he was about to open the package, a system reminder flashed before him.

"System reminder: It is advised to open the compensation package at the time of danger."

After delivering that cryptic message, the system fell silent, ignoring Ye Cang's barrage of questions. Perhaps it was annoyed or simply too lazy to engage with him further.

Undeterred, Ye Cang pressed on. "System, what is the Wish System, and what is its function? At least you can tell me that, right?"

After a brief pause, the system responded, "The Wish System will help the Host to reach the peak of life. The System will release missions daily. Upon completion of each mission, the host will earn corresponding wish value and rewards."

Ye Cang furrowed his brow, still puzzled by the concept. "What exactly is the 'wish' in the Wish System?"

The system remained silent for a couple of seconds before elaborating, "Every creature harbors a small wish or an ultimate desire in their lifetime. The system will help the host to realize other creatures' wishes, and upon completing each wish, the host will receive a corresponding reward."

Understanding dawned on Ye Cang. Every human being had a wish they longed to fulfill, whether it was owning a car or marrying a beautiful spouse – these were all wishes. According to the system, its purpose was to aid these individuals in achieving their desires. After contemplating this, Ye Cang asked the system, "System, where is my mission?"

 

A new notification flashed before Ye Cang's eyes.

"New mission issued."

{Task: Collect all the herbs within a 10 km radius.

Task Requirement: Plant Identification Skill.

Task Tool: Treasure Map.

Task Reward: Unknown. [Note: Reward will be based on the level of treasure acquired. Treasures are divided into D, C, B, A, S, SS, and SSS ranks. Higher the rank, greater the reward.]

Task Penalty: Host's destruction.

Time Limit: 3 days}

Ye Cang's eyes widened in disbelief. "A treasure hunt? You're asking a weakling like me to go on a treasure hunt?"

After digesting the mission details, an overwhelming urge to give up washed over him. However, the prospect of facing the penalty snapped him out of his resignation. "System, this isn't fair! This is my first mission, and I'm just a powerless novice. Yet, you've given me such a daunting task. Are you deliberately trying to force me into the forest?"

"This quest is not impossible with the aid of system props," the system replied calmly. "As long as the host is well-prepared and cautious, this task can be completed with ease."

Ye Cang took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing thoughts. The system was right – perhaps his previous harrowing experience had instilled an irrational fear within him. The system wasn't asking him to engage in combat with those creatures but merely to collect treasures in the vicinity. As long as he remained vigilant, he should be able to accomplish the mission.

 

"It is recommended to consume the Marrow Fruit now," the system reminded.

Heeding the system's prompt, Ye Cang retrieved the Marrow Fruit from his spatial warehouse. The fruit had a vibrant red hue and a shape reminiscent of a cherry. Without hesitation, he popped the fruit into his mouth. A burst of tangy-sweet flavors danced across his taste buds. As he swallowed the Marrow Fruit, he felt the surrounding spiritual energy rapidly seep into his body, a process that lasted for five intense minutes.

"Congratulations to the host for upgrading to the 1st level of Qi Condensation."

"Congratulations to the host for upgrading to the 2nd level of Qi Condensation."

"Congratulations to the host for upgrading to the 3rd level of Qi Condensation."

The system's successive prompts filled Ye Cang with a sense of accomplishment. Curious about his newfound progress, he opened the system panel.

Name: Ye Cang

System Level: Lvl. 1

Occupation: None (Host can open up a new occupation by completing tasks given by the system)

Power: 7 (A normal human has a power of 10)

Speed: 11 (A normal human has a speed of 10)

Physique: 9 (A normal human has a physique of 10)

Health: 10/10 (In a healthy state)

Cultivation: 3rd level of Qi Condensation

Attribute: None

Status: A fairly normal person

Charm Value: 90 (10+ Rewarded by the system)

Wish Points: 15

System Inventory: Cooking Proficiency Book Lvl. 1, Permanent Space Attribute Card, Alchemy Card Lvl. 1, Rage Card×2, Speed Card×2, Alchemy Recipe Book Vol. 01, Plant Identification Skill Lvl. 1, 10 Spirit Stones, Experience Card10, Survival Skills Vol. 1, Nine Revolutions Secret Art, Pair of Worn Underwear, Proficiency Card2, Compensation Package.

 

Eyeing the system inventory, Ye Cang contemplated his options. "I have a Space Attribute Card. I should utilize that; it could prove invaluable for this mission. And there's a Plant Identification Skill, which is crucial for identifying all the herbs. I'll also employ the Survival Skills – judging by the name, it seems essential. As for the Nine Revolutions Secret Art, I should put it to use for my cultivation. And that pair of underwear... I'll leave that aside for now. As for the rest, I'll use them as needed."

After carefully considering his plan, Ye Cang instructed, "System, activate the Space Attribute Card, Plant Identification Skill, Survival Skills, and the Nine Revolutions Secret Art."

"Ding... Congratulations on obtaining the Space Attribute."

"Ding... Congratulations on learning Plant Identification Skills."

"Ding... Congratulations on learning Survival Skills."

"Ding... Congratulations on learning the Nine Revolutions Secret Art."

A deluge of information flooded Ye Cang's mind, overwhelming him for a few minutes before his thoughts gradually cleared.

"Congratulations on acquiring the Space Attribute Skill 'Teleport,'" the system announced.

Intrigued, Ye Cang opened the system panel to examine his updated status.

Name: Ye Cang

System Level: Lvl. 1

Cultivation Method: Nine Revolutions Secret Art

Occupation: None (Host can open a new occupation by completing tasks given by the system)

Power: 7 (A normal human has a power of 10)

Speed: 11 (A normal human has a speed of 10)

Physique: 9 (A normal human has a physique of 10)

Health: 10/10 (In a healthy state)

Cultivation: 3rd level of Qi Condensation

Attribute: Space

Status: A fairly normal person

Charm Value: 90 (10+ Rewarded by the system)

Skills: Plant Identification, Survival, Teleport

Wish Points: 15

Satisfied to see his profile fleshed out, Ye Cang acknowledged that only his occupation remained blank, but he knew it would be filled upon completing tasks. Turning his attention to the remaining items, he inquired, "System, what is the purpose of the Proficiency Cards?"

"Proficiency Cards are used to increase the proficiency of any attribute," the system explained. "Currently, with your spiritual energy reserves, you can only teleport ten meters for five times. Your Space Proficiency is around 1%. As your proficiency increases, either through practice or using Proficiency Cards, you'll be able to teleport more frequently. You can enhance the proficiency of any attribute this way."

Understanding dawned on Ye Cang, prompting him to ask, "How much can a Proficiency Card increase an attribute's proficiency?"

"It depends on the attribute," the system explained. "For common attributes, it increases proficiency by about 20%. For rare attributes, it increases proficiency by about 10%. And for space and time attributes, it increases proficiency by about 5%."

Without hesitation, Ye Cang instructed, "System, use all the Proficiency Cards on the Space attribute."

 

2