Chapter 10: New mission
16 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Cang heard a sound behind him and turned to look, stunned by the sight that greeted him. Mu Qianxue was leaning against the doorframe, her body supported by its structure. Although he had previously focused solely on curing her, now that he truly observed her, he found himself in a daze.

Her midnight-black tresses flowed over her shoulders, and her skin possessed a glossy sheen. Slender eyebrows arched above velvety lashes. This was the first time Ye Cang had laid eyes upon such a beautiful woman. Despite her pallid complexion, it did not diminish her charm. As his gaze traveled downward, he gulped, taking in her sculpted figure, slender and twine-thin. Her waist appeared so delicate that he could encircle it with a single hand.

Ye Cang hurriedly stood up, a note of reproach in his voice. "Hey, you're being too reckless. Even though your soul is healed, your body remains weak. You need rest, or you risk permanent damage." He stretched out his hand, offering support.

At that moment, Mu Qianxue found herself equally captivated by Ye Cang's appearance. His jet-black hair, star-like eyebrows, and well-defined cheekbones caught her attention. Appearing to be seventeen or eighteen years old, his eyes shone like the sun, and his manner of speech was refreshing.

Though thin, his build did not appear unappealing. For reasons she could not fathom, upon laying eyes on him, Mu Qianxue's face flushed, and her heart raced wildly. Even Ye Cang remained unaware of his own handsomeness.

It was not his fault, for since arriving in this world, he had not encountered anyone of the same gender to compare himself to. A charm value of 100 was no jest; in a game setting, every NPC would be vying to offer him quests. Ye Cang had always assumed the system was being narcissistic when assigning him such a high charm rating.

Mu Qianxue eyed Ye Cang's outstretched hand, hesitating for a moment before finally accepting his support, grasping his hand.

After guiding her near the bonfire, Ye Cang said, "Sit down, the meal will be ready soon. You should eat it. Snake meat is nourishing for recovery. Gosh, even though you're a cultivator, you shouldn't be so reckless. You need more rest."

"I wanted to thank you for treating me and giving me such a precious pill to heal me. If there's anything I can assist with, please let me know," Mu Qianxue responded. However, she noticed Ye Cang looking at her strangely as he said:

"Precious pill? You mean the soul healing pill? Well, it's not precious; it's only a Tier 5 pill. I can make it anytime as long as I have the materials. So you don't need to be bothered by it." Ye Cang spoke in a reassuring tone.

"What did you say? A Tier 5 pill? And you can make it? Are you an Alchemist?" Mu Qianxue was shocked. She couldn't be blamed, for she had witnessed countless alchemy geniuses, but never one under twenty who could concoct a Tier 5 pill, let alone such an ancient recipe.

Seeing Mu Qianxue's stunned expression brought satisfaction to Ye Cang. As a man, he too desired to leave a good impression on such a beautiful woman. "Yes, I am an Alchemist, and as I said, I can make it as long as I have the materials."

Upon hearing Ye Cang's words, Mu Qianxue grew excited, thinking that if he could be brought back to her sect, her Ice Peak would also have an Alchemist. But she quickly shook her head, questioning why she should believe his claims. With a sigh, she dismissed the thought.

At that moment, Ye Cang was surprised to hear the system prompt indicating a new mission had been triggered.

"Ding...you have triggered the Wish task for Mu Qianxue."

The system provided the details of the new mission:

"Task Content: [Become an Alchemist of Ice Peak]

Task Rewards: Mu Qianxue's Favorability +20 and Ice Proficiency +10%

Task Tool: None

Task Penalty: The host will not receive a mission for a year

Task Duration: 1 Day."

Ye Cang was surprised, as this was the first time the system had issued a "wish task." He had heard the saying, "A healthy person has a thousand wishes, while a sick person has only one," and had always wondered how the system could choose among the myriad desires.

Although curious to inquire further, Ye Cang knew this was not the appropriate time. Taking a deep breath, he turned to Mu Qianxue and said, "Your body is very weak right now, so I will refine a Tier 4 rejuvenation pill for you tomorrow. For now, the barbecue will be ready soon, and you should eat to regain your strength."

Mu Qianxue was astonished by his offer to refine a Tier 4 pill for her the next day. If possible, she could try to bring him back to her sect. She was deeply moved that he would use such a high-tier pill to aid her recovery. Even though a Tier 4 pill was not considered precious to her, she felt touched by the gesture. Biting her lip, she wanted to express her gratitude, but Ye Cang interrupted, handing her a skewer of meat.

"Don't speak too much. I don't know why all you women like to nag so much... Eat this and go to bed after," he said.

Stunned by his words, Mu Qianxue found herself speechless and annoyed. Her? Nagging? How could he say such things? She directed her frustration towards the meat in her hand, the sense of appreciation she had felt moments ago replaced with vexation. Nevertheless, she found comfort in his company, despite not knowing his name. Curiosity piqued, she asked, "What is your name, and what are you doing in a place like this?"

She was truly puzzled – if this person was an alchemy genius, why was he in such a remote location?

3